Outdoors
Sponsored by

Current ATF wait time?

171,424 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by fourth deck
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
About ******* time.

And I actually got the email this time!

Wait: 275 Days

Pending: 2022-06-14

Approved: 2023-03-16 13:50

Entity: Individual 0

Dealer: SS (Silencer Shop Kiosk) Electronic EFT Upload

State: TX

Examiner: Keith H.

Item: YHM Turbo K 5.56 / .223 (Silencer)

Control Number: 2022566000
jrrhouston98
AG
I have a stupid question, don't beat me up too bad. I went and did paperwork/paid/fingerprints etc on Dec 15, 2022. December 21 I got an email from the ATF stating everything had been submitted. Yay.

Question. When I log into the e forms website, I don't see anything. I click on submitted/pending and I just get the circle that spins for a minute and that's it. I don't see anything in there showing something has been submitted or is pending. Should there be an icon or should there be a place where I can click to see status?

Again, sorry for stupid questions.
tandy miller
AG
You won't see your pending form 4, only the dealer will since they submitted on your behalf
Breggy Popup
AG
jrrhouston98 said:

I have a stupid question, don't beat me up too bad. I went and did paperwork/paid/fingerprints etc on Dec 15, 2022. December 21 I got an email from the ATF stating everything had been submitted. Yay.

Question. When I log into the e forms website, I don't see anything. I click on submitted/pending and I just get the circle that spins for a minute and that's it. I don't see anything in there showing something has been submitted or is pending. Should there be an icon or should there be a place where I can click to see status?

Again, sorry for stupid questions.
Assuming it is a form 4. it is in your dealer's eForms account, not yours. You won't see it until you get an approval email in about 9 months. Good question that everyone has, including me not too long back.
jrrhouston98
AG
Thanks guys, I greatly appreciate the quick feedback. I was beginning to wonder if something was stuck somewhere and I needed to do something after I've already wasted 3 months.
tandy miller
AG
You also won't see it in there once it's approved. I have gone round and round with the atf about this since I didn't get the email the first time.
jrrhouston98
AG
Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.
Breggy Popup
AG
tandy miller said:

You also won't see it in there once it's approved. I have gone round and round with the atf about this since I didn't get the email the first time.
I just got around to looking at my eforms account. I know you said your shop couldn't figure it out. Go back there and tell them to do the following:

1. Log in to eforms
2. Find your approved form and click on it.
3. Click the view form icon at the end of the line.
4. Click "View PDF", make sure popups are allowed.
5. Save PDF, email it to you.

If they can't do that I'd find another shop because it is basic computer use. My guy did it while I was on the way to the shop even though I got the email also.
tandy miller
AG
They finally figured it out…. The first guy that tried was a dinosaur
Breggy Popup
AG
tandy miller said:

They finally figured it out…. The first guy that tried was a dinosaur

Sweet.
zooguy96
tandy miller said:

Every time I get an email I'm like "oooh my approval came!", only to find another bull**** spam email for wiener pills or gutter filters

Must be from your internet search history.
tandy miller
AG
It's my lucky day!

AgEng06
AG
The sad part of this pic is that the hide took longer than the damn suppressor.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
AgEng06 said:

The sad part of this pic is that the hide took longer than the damn suppressor.

I get your point but the hide should take longer than the suppressor.

Tandy congrats man!
tandy miller
AG
Only by 150 days!
DrewAg27
Filed 6.15.22

Received both cans this week about 3 days apart
AgEng06
AG
Good point.
aggiesundevil4
AG
Jealous! I've been waiting two years on my can through EyeGuy…waited a year then it got rejected (not something I did), now my refile efile form 4 has hit the one year mark…it hurts…
tandy miller
AG
aggiesundevil4 said:

Jealous! I've been waiting two years on my can through EyeGuy…waited a year then it got rejected (not something I did), now my refile efile form 4 has hit the one year mark…it hurts…

Holy ****
BenderRodriguez
AG
aggiesundevil4 said:

So…who did screw up?
aggiesundevil4
AG
A tactical mistake on FFL ID number…like a typo…something anyone might do, but it wasn't me. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, I was just saying it hurts to wait this long for what boils down to the equivalent of a typo.
Smeghead4761
Mine was filed June 23 last year.

Ya'll are making me fidgety.
Breggy Popup
AG
Still waiting on my other two 6/14s. Much sad.
Mr. Dubi
Thaddeus Beauregard
I E-Filed a Form 1 two months ago to build an SBR bolt action in 8.6Blk and ever since it says "pending research" because they are unfamiliar with the caliber being used with the particular action I have. They took my $200 and sent me an acknowledgment email after I submitted, but they haven't even sent my cover letter yet so I can mail in my fingerprint cards.

This isn't starting out well.

I also have a Form 4 for a can that I may not get out of jail for a year as things look now.

The process is beyond absurd and serves no purpose other than to harass the law-abiding.
Mr. Dubi
Thaddeus Beauregard said:

The process is beyond absurd and serves no purpose other than to harass the law-abiding.
I bet this is what 'common sense' gun control looks like
Breggy Popup
AG
Can #2 approval received...

Wait: 279 Days
Pending: 2022-06-14
Approved: 2023-03-20 12:33
Entity: Trust 1
Dealer: SS (Silencer Shop Kiosk) Electronic EFT Upload
State: TX
Examiner: Nichole S.
Item: Rugged Obsidian 9 9MM (Silencer)
Control Number: 2022567000

Still waiting on #3. Just checked and all three control numbers are within 12 of each other.
AgEng06
AG
Man, this is really making me think I should go ahead and order a couple more cans NOW. So I can use them maybe early next year.
Breggy Popup
AG
Third can from 6/14 finally approved yesterday. 281 days.

Rugged Obsidian 9 and Surefire 556 RC2 picked up!

eastcut96
AG
Thunderbeast Ultra 7
Certified 6/15/22
Approved 3/24/23
tandy miller
AG
eastcut96 said:

Thunderbeast Ultra 7
Certified 6/15/22
Approved 3/24/23

Woof
agracer
AG
I'm at 250 days right now.....

In our fantasy world, Desantis wins in 2024 and his first EO is to tell the ATF that any can not approved in 30-day gets released (like a "delayed" back ground check gun purchase).

Of course, the ATF would just start rejecting everything at that point.
Mr. Dubi
They have been doing 30 day approvals for years with F-1's. There really is no reason they shouldn't be able to do that with F-4's. Actually in my mind, a F-4 would be easier, since the specs and such is in a database
tk111
AG
agracer said:

I'm at 250 days right now.....

In our fantasy world, Desantis wins in 2024 and his first EO is to tell the ATF that any can not approved in 30-day gets released (like a "delayed" back ground check gun purchase). to find some carboard boxes and put all of their s**t in them.

Of course, the ATF would just start rejecting everything at that point.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Mr. Dubi said:

They have been doing 30 day approvals for years with F-1's. There really is no reason they shouldn't be able to do that with F-4's. Actually in my mind, a F-4 would be easier, since the specs and such is in a database

I think 17 days was my fastest form 1.

Its intentionally as long and annoying as possible.

All to damage ears slightly less.

Absurd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.