Outdoors
Sponsored by

Current ATF wait time?

171,423 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by fourth deck
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No problem. Did you do yours through silencer shop?
nealan
My Silencer shop account says "submitted"
What does that mean? Just wait until approved now or is there an "accepted" status or something ?
aggieforester05
AG
tandy miller said:

No problem. Did you do yours through silencer shop?

Yes, purchased through their website on a trust with two responsible persons. Same as when I got my two current suppressors and a BOGO suppressor that's been pending since September. Smooth sailing both times.
Love Gun
I got both of my cans through Silencer Central. They do everything for you, including a trust. All you have to do is send back a fingerprint card and fill everything out online. They even have payment plans that will have everything paid off by the time it's approved. Their Banish suppressors are good quality, too.
**** Joe Biden
PharmD4
AG
PharmD4 said:

Tell ya what, these ATF site maintenance emails are the ultimate troll job

Submitted 4/27/22

Freaking site maintenance email got me again.
Breggy Popup
AG
Dammit I just got all excited seeing an ATF email and it is about scheduled maintenance.
justsomeguy
AG
An ATF agent told me that trusts take a bit longer to research. He described it like a title company researching title for a property. Luckily in 2017, the trust requirement went out the window so I didn't have to get one.
Dogdoc
AG
Suppressor purchased March 13, 2022. Picked it up yesterday. Paper form.
agrams
AG
only about 1.5 months behind an efile..

90 days my A$$....
98Ag99Grad
AG
Anyone here ever used Silencer Central for a purchase? If you did what'd you think?
fishingdouche69
I went through silencer central. They made it very easy by handling all the paperwork on my behalf. I just had to fill out where they told me to and send back the fingerprints then wait. My can is on the way right now after just getting approved. Here was my timeline:

Banish 30
E - Form 4
Filed 4/27/22
Approved 1/23/23
271 days
AgEng06
AG
I have only used Silencer Shop, but based on reviews and feedback I have seen, they should be faster than Silencer Central. You can do everything electronically in one stop, rather than having to mail stuff to Silencer Central. With the back and forth, you will save a few days to a week or so with Silencer Shop.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Appreciate the replies.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Just "submitted" ours today and used Silencer Shop. Our dealer indicated there are no real updates until you receive the ATF email saying your eform submission is approved. They did mention you could call for updates to ATF eForms (I believe, don't quote me on that). They also indicated wait times are ~9 months, so hoping to see an email eary-Nov.
aggieforester05
AG
My Oculus finally went from "ready to prepare" on 1/20 to "ready to certify" over the weekend. Never got an email, just logged in to check on it.
Breggy Popup
AG
While we all wait...great podcast with Kevin from Q and Dave Matheny the owner/founder of Silencer Shop.

BenderRodriguez
AG
aggieforester05 said:

My Oculus finally went from "ready to prepare" on 1/20 to "ready to certify" over the weekend. Never got an email, just logged in to check on it.

Really close to buying one. Been putting it off because I dont have a threaded .22 so I'm going to need to buy some guns with it too…
Love Gun
BenderRodriguez said:

aggieforester05 said:

Really close to buying one. Been putting it off because I dont have a threaded .22 so I'm going to need to buy some guns with it too…

Start here. Picked one of these up for my Banish 22 a few weeks ago for about $550 out the door. Definitely a badass setup for plinking.

https://fnamerica.com/products/pistols/fn-502-tactical-fde/

**** Joe Biden
mosdefn14
AG
I'll add another data point received recently. Silencer Shop kiosk, Form 4 Trust e-file, 274 days.
aggieforester05
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

aggieforester05 said:

Sounds like it's time for a belt feed 22 upper and a binary trigger or auto sear if you can swing it.
Breggy Popup
AG
My first NFA stamp ever! Now to get my lower engraved.

• Form: 1 - SBR Non-amnesty
  • Entity: Trust 1RP
  • Fingerprint Type: EFT upload
  • Pending: 01/17/23
  • Approved: 02/24/23
  • Wait: 38 days
  • State: TX
  • Examiner: Carol S Ripley

Question for you experienced folks. Is the approved form in PDF that ATF emailed to me all I get back?
nealan
Damn, that was fast
Love Gun
Bregxit said:

My first NFA stamp ever! Now to get my lower engraved.

• Form: 1 - SBR Non-amnesty
  • Entity: Trust 1RP
  • Fingerprint Type: EFT upload
  • Pending: 01/17/23
  • Approved: 02/24/23
  • Wait: 38 days
  • State: TX
  • Examiner: Carol S Ripley

Question for you experienced folks. Is the approved form in PDF that ATF emailed to me all I get back?

WTF is "non-amnesty"?
**** Joe Biden
AgEng06
AG
I think he means he paid the $200 tax stamp, rather than submit via the "free" Form 1.
cledus6150
AG
If I had to guess he either submitted prior to the new ruling or he decided to pay the $200 and not go the amnesty route.
tandy miller
AG
This is a form 1, not a form 4… He paid the $200 to SBR instead of filing for free during amnesty period
tandy miller
AG
Aren't you waiting on a 6/14 suppressor?
Breggy Popup
AG
Yep. I SBR'd a regular rifle lower, not a pistol braced lower.

Anyone have feedback on my question?
Breggy Popup
AG
tandy miller said:

Aren't you waiting on a 6/14 suppressor?

Three of them.
tandy miller
AG
Nice. Thought so. I have 1 I'm waiting for from that same day.
Love Gun
Thinking about putting a stock on my Shockwave. Might need to drop a couple of bills to get it going if they're turning it around that fast.
**** Joe Biden
tandy miller
AG
Bregxit said:

Yes, you will just get an email with a pdf.

Subject will be

"eForms Application Status Change Notification for Permit/Control No: xxxxxxxxxx"
Breggy Popup
AG
tandy miller said:

Bregxit said:

Yes, you will just get an email with a pdf.

Subject will be

"eForms Application Status Change Notification for Permit/Control No: xxxxxxxxxx"
Thanks! It is on my phone with my trust docs.
HUEY04
AG
This is encouraging, I submitted two efile form 1's on Jan 17 but mailed my fingerprints.
I was worried they would be bogged down by all of this pistol brace crap
Furlock Bones
AG
HUEY04 said:

This is encouraging, I submitted two efile form 1's on Jan 17 but mailed my fingerprints.
I was worried they would be bogged down by all of this pistol brace crap

I'm in the same boat. I submitted just before you and mailed my fingerprints as well. Figured the pistol brace Bs was going to screw me. Not holding out much hope.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.