Outdoors
Sponsored by

Current ATF wait time?

171,425 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by fourth deck
RM76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just over 12 months for me from purchase to the call that said come get it. Form 4 paper.
Wodanaz
AG
Purchased 1/8
Cashed 1/14
Picked up today 7/11
Form 4 trust
BenderRodriguez
AG
Efiled 3 form 1s 6/27

Mailed prints 6/30

All three approved 7/18.

21 day turn around.
SmokeDog
AG
Form 4 Trust
Purchased 2/25/20
Check cashed 3/7/20
Stamp Received 8/18/20

My first suppressor (Thunder Chicken) and I cannot wait to shoot with it.
Furlock Bones
AG
damn you guys getting your stuff fast

Pending 12/17
SmokeDog
AG
Definitely was not expecting a call that quick. Wonder why some are taking longer than others, other than government inefficiency.
AstroAggie15
AG
SmokeDog said:

Form 4 Trust
Purchased 2/25/20
Check cashed 3/7/20
Stamp Received 8/18/20

You're going to love it. Gf hates how much I talk about it. What are you using it on?
AstroAggie15
AG
SRD 22x for my Ruger MKiv

Cash checked 3/23/20
Approved: 8/12/20

The wait for it to come in the mail seems longer than the approval wait
SmokeDog
AG
I originally bought it for a 6.5 creedmoor, but I have since acquired a 6.8 spc, so mainly those 2. I just purchased a rex silentium mg10 2 weeks ago, so I am back in the waiting game.
CTGilley
AG
SmokeDog said:

Form 4 Trust
Purchased 2/25/20
Check cashed 3/7/20
Stamp Received 8/18/20

I am exactly a month behind you so hopefully It will happen soon....
dsvogel05
AG
CGS Mod 9 purchased from Capitol Armory on 3/3/20 at their silence in the capitol event. Don't know when check was cashed, but it was approved 8/6/20 and is ready for pickup today. Form 4 trust and this is my second can, not sure if it matters that it's a second can on the same trust or not.
Wodanaz
AG
VoreMoar12 said:

Purchased 1/8
Cashed 1/14
Picked up today 7/11
Form 4 trust

Picked up the second purchase from this day, yesterday. 6 and 7 month turnaround, respectively.
CTGilley
AG
Well I just bought another one. If I am lucky I will get a batch approval in a couple months. It won't be disappointing if the other comes before it makes it into the system
textar4404
Purchased last week of February 2020. Took possession yesterday (August 17, 2020). Form 4 trust.

5 1/2 months.
Furlock Bones
AG
I don't know what the **** is going on at the ATF. I've been following the reddit/nfa approval thread. it seems like every form 4 that is approved is from early 2020. almost nothing from 2019.

WTF.
CS78
I called today for the first time on a purchase from August 2019. *******s!
dr_boogs
AG
I just pulled the trigger on a Dead Air Nomad 30 and a Dead Air Wolfman. Let the waiting begin. Bought mine through Silencershop, they mentioned they would ship them within a couple of weeks to the dealer in town, and then there is some kind of lend/lease program where you can actually use them while you're waiting for approval? Have never heard of that before, but the guy at SS was certain of it. That would be pretty sweet if true.
agfan2013
AG
dr_boogs said:

and then there is some kind of lend/lease program where you can actually use them while you're waiting for approval? Have never heard of that before, but the guy at SS was certain of it. That would be pretty sweet if true.

Yes, some places will allow you to come by and use the suppressor(s) on your guns provided you shoot right there at their range, nothing illegal about it, but not every range will do that for you.

Did you ship it to Champion Firearms? I've got a Rugged Radiant sitting over there since early May, but since its a rifle suppressor and their range is mainly pistol I've never called up to see if they allow you to come up and shoot with it.

Hoping the ATF is rolling on these approvals like some of the guys in this thread have posted and maybe I'll get mine around October or November.
dr_boogs
AG
Aaah ok, you can use it on site, that makes sense. Doesn't seem like letting the cans out on parole would be a good thing to do. I can only imagine how the ATF would react to that, which is why I was so surprised it was an option. I'm not a huge fan of indoor ranges so I'll just wait it out like everyone else!
textar4404
I may be misremembering, but I thought I asked about something like this the last time I purchased one and was told they couldn't let me use it in their indoor range because if for some reason the paperwork didn't come back approved, they would then be holding a used part.
Caliber
AG
dr_boogs said:

Aaah ok, you can use it on site, that makes sense. Doesn't seem like letting the cans out on parole would be a good thing to do. I can only imagine how the ATF would react to that, which is why I was so surprised it was an option. I'm not a huge fan of indoor ranges so I'll just wait it out like everyone else!
Not really any different than you renting a gun from a range. Plenty of places have NFA rentals.
CTGilley
AG
textar4404 said:

I may be misremembering, but I thought I asked about something like this the last time I purchased one and was told they couldn't let me use it in their indoor range because if for some reason the paperwork didn't come back approved, they would then be holding a used part.
That is understandable. You could probably sign a form that states you would be liable for the difference in value. Right now it would only be maybe 10% depending on what it is.
CTGilley
AG
I was so close to buying the Nomad. I cant remember how but I ended up with the Omega. I am wishing i would have done the Omega 36 or Hybrid now. I guess I will just need to get a 9mm and 45 can.

I am really liking what they say the 350 Legend does.
CTGilley
AG
Just got the email that my stamp is at capitol.

Check Cashed 4/14/2020
88agswin
AG
SmokeDog said:

Form 4 Trust
Purchased 2/25/20
Check cashed 3/7/20
Stamp Received 8/18/20

I ordered (2) TBAC Ultra 7 on 03/18/20
Check cashed 03/26/20
Form 4 Trust
Still waiting
this is my #6 and #7 suppressors.

I am hoping to get it before my elk hunt in November
mmtexasace
AG
Picked up my DA Nomad on 9/15
Purchased 4/2
Check Cashed 4/17
Stamp Received 9/14
Form 4 Single Shot
TAMU2013
AG
Form 4 on a GA optimus
Check cashed 5/12/20
Approved 9/21

Just waiting for them to mail the stamp!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Man, I am about 35-40 days into my form 1 and am starting to get worried...
jackie childs
I have a CMMG Banshee pistol in 9mm. I also ordered a suppressor using the Silencer Shop single shot trust.

If I want to replace the brace with an actual stock to make an SBR, is that a Form 1? Do I need a separate trust for that?

Silencer Shop doesn't appear to have Form 1's available, so what's the best site for it?
Cannon Crew Ag
AG
Correct, that would be a form 1, which must be directly done in the ATF's e-file system. I used national gun trusts to set up my trust before purchasing any NFA items, so I do not have single shot like you. My understanding is that if you set up a new trust for your SBR and any future NFA items, then you would have to pay the tax again in order to consolidate the single shot suppressor into the new trust. There is no rule that you have to consolidate though, so I would personally just maintain the two trusts and keep on plinking.
jackie childs
Cannon Crew Ag said:

Correct, that would be a form 1, which must be directly done in the ATF's e-file system. I used national gun trusts to set up my trust before purchasing any NFA items, so I do not have single shot like you. My understanding is that if you set up a new trust for your SBR and any future NFA items, then you would have to pay the tax again in order to consolidate the single shot suppressor into the new trust. There is no rule that you have to consolidate though, so I would personally just maintain the two trusts and keep on plinking.
awesome, thanks!

and since it's an existing pistol already, there's no engraving required?
Cannon Crew Ag
AG
Engraving is still required. Most would agree it is better to engrave prior to paperwork submission so that you know EXACTLY what is printed on the lower, instead of sending off paperwork that does not quite line up with what's actually in your possession.
cledus6150
AG
Ok here is a question for you, you have a pistol and convert it to an SBR. What boxes contain the information that has to be on the engraved on the converted SBR. Especially if boxes 4A-4G you submitted with what was already on the pistol?

Example: 4A Name and Address of original Mfg. and or Importer of firearm: Say you have an sig MPX and you filled in 4A exactly as your receiver reads currently.

Wouldn't in that situation no engraving be needed?
jackie childs
cledus6150 said:

Ok here is a question for you, you have a pistol and convert it to an SBR. What boxes contain the information that has to be on the engraved on the converted SBR. Especially if boxes 4A-4G you submitted with what was already on the pistol?

Example: 4A Name and Address of original Mfg. and or Importer of firearm: Say you have an sig MPX and you filled in 4A exactly as your receiver reads currently.

Wouldn't in that situation no engraving be needed?
so that was what i was wondering...if i already have a pistol that's already engraved by CMMG, would i need to do anything else?

i saw some mixed thoughts online and thought i'd ask here.
Cannon Crew Ag
AG
You are correct about the original firearm's information going in boxes 4.a-g. However, by "manufacturing" the pistol into an NFA item, your trust entered in box 3.b is thereby considered the manufacturer. Thus requiring you to engrave only your trust's name and the place of "manufacture" since the ATF allows you to adopt the serial number of the originally Sig-manufactured firearm. Subpart a.2.iv in the link below as well as ATF Ruling 2013-3 address this.

https://atf-eregs.18f.gov/479-102/2019-06264

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ruling/2013-3-adopting-identification-firearms

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.