Bonfire memories

52,775 Views | 252 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TowerAg90
YellowPot_97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your girlfriend knows where it is.

BTHOB
Texas Yarddog
AG
You're too late, I already asked your mother.

Assuming that the 1997 is your class year, were you the Yellow Pot for Hotard in Bonfire 1994?

[This message has been edited by Texas Yarddog (edited 9/28/2004 1:56p).]
YellowPot_97
AG
Class of 2000. Yellow Pot in '97.
TomDoss97
Hotard yellow in 1997? Garrett, right?. I was head crew chief for Dunn back then. I ran into your boy Twitch a few weekends ago.
A Plethora of Piñatas
TomDoss

You wouldn't happen to bear a resemblance to a Jewish Leprechan would you?
TomDoss97
Man, I haven't heard that in awhile. You have green hair for one week and you get branded as a leprechan for life.
A Plethora of Piñatas
We went to high school together. I graduated a year after you. I was one of Cope and Klug's boys from Moore.

[This message has been edited by A Plethora of PiƱatas (edited 9/29/2004 2:23p).]
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
Hotard yellow in 1997? Garrett, right?. I was head crew chief for Dunn back then. I ran into your boy Twitch a few weekends ago.

That's me. How's it going Andrew?
TomDoss97
Buchman...I can't believe you remember that leprechan stuff. That's pretty funny. Still have those Lechner orange suspenders? I ran into Cope, Klug, and Clint at the Chicken by the way. Always liked those guys.

Things are going well Garrett. Any of you guys going to cut this weekend? I might actually try to make it out there since I'll be in town anyways for the game.
A Plethora of Piñatas
I still have 'em. I was unpacking a box the other day and found them tripple wrapped up in grocery sacks. My brother is a chief this fall and they might make an apperance here before too long.

How are things with you?
preshy boy
what dorm is your brother a chief in?
TomDoss97
Things are going pretty well, hopefully the same for you.

What's your brother's name? Maybe I'll see him out there this weekend.

[This message has been edited by TomDoss97 (edited 9/29/2004 4:13p).]
Aston00
I have many profound Bonfire memories, though I lack the ability to word them in any way that gives them justice. I think I can sum up almost all of my feelings in one word:

Enis.

That it all.

Luke
YellowPot96
Aston- you referring to that black pig on a string??? If so...I hated that thing...drove me nuts!
TomDoss97
The jrps loved that pig.
Aston00
Obviously I'm referring to the highest ranking official at Aggie Bonfire Stack. Everyone loved the pig. And the pig loved them. Especially the pretty SBs that would come out in there evening wear for pictures in front of stack. I got in so much trouble over those girls, I had to go back and beg forgiveness from them!!

They kept referring to "you people" and "your crazy little things you do" and how it's not appropriate for all the "normal" people that came out to watch us build it...

It was good times!

A Plethora of Piñatas
Luke -

When was the last time that you talked to TommyP?
Aston00
It's been awhile, last I heard he was a ski instructor in Crested Butte...

But that's at least half a year old, so he could be in Austailia again for all I'd know!
A Plethora of Piñatas
Typically he is in Australia from like June through early November. I think I talked to him this spring sometime and he was sitting in an airport in Bora Bora or something.

I think last fall he told me he was thinking about quitting and finally growing up. I guess he decided not to.
Aston00
He needs to hurry up and become a doctor so I can have at least three rich doctor friends to mooch tickets and beer from!
Aston00
Hey TomD!ckSuck 97, what ever became of John T? I liked that guy, for some odd reason. Couldn't stand the rest of you...

I miss Bonfire **** talking. I went to first cut this year for a bit with a bunch of old Aston dudes and it was the one thing I never really saw or heard. Even in good fun. Guess they'll have to pick that up later.

Though a couple Hart guys gave it a noble effort, but just weren't prepared for the terror of trying to yell at JW.
3B Paul 97
AG
Hey Texas Yarddog,
Isn't Hotard just a fancy name for the Post Office?
Texas Yarddog
AG
I thought it was "Post Office Annex"

Club 402, baby.
TomDoss97
Luke,

John T is in Austin now and he's doing well. I'll let everyone else know that you didn't like them as much, I'm sure they'll be crushed. I agree with you though about the trash talking--when we went out there everyone was eerily nice to each other.

Andrew
YellowPot96
ttt, because I'm an attention wh0re and there seems to be a lot of new folks perusing the Bonfire board. Also, the thread about the YP log brought out some more memories. Keep them coming, y'all. We're not getting any younger and our memories will only continue to fade. Or, perhaps the stories will only get better (more exaggerating) as time passes!
10PennyNail
AG
I can't believe I missed this post until today. Thanks for the reminder.

I miss cutting class and standing on top of 3rd stack hanging swings right before it was opened by the reds. The view of Kyle from Duncan was beautiful.

[This message has been edited by 10PennyNail (edited 2/25/2005 4:50p).]
RayRay99
AG
Some Dunn Hall Memories

I miss ganking Moore's flag at All-U night because they couldn't pull any numbers, then watching as they had their Red come and threaten to give us sh|tty woods and other things so we would give it back peacefully.

I miss launching 3 day too old produce from Albertsons and the Commons Dining area at CTs with 3-man water balloon launchers at our perimeter pole.

I miss watching fish make fools of themselves when they drank at the Party Shack, like when Chim Chim forgot to blow out his flaming Dr. Pepper (or whatever he was drinking.)

I miss being in the back when *****ing a huge log, and getting whacked in the shoulder with a dying tree, and then hearing "HEADACHE!"

I miss getting screwed out of a perimeter pole, then making one out of a high port and watching as someone from another dorm tried to start a fight by touching a crew chief pot and subsequentially get duct taped to another high port and paraded around like a pig on a spit.

That is all for now.
bonfireag95
AG
Major Bump! All yall Red Ass Ags building the hell outta Fightin Texas Aggie Bonfire 2005!, read the first post of this thread. My old pot is 4 feet away from me right now, and i'm so proud that this is still going strong.

Just saw the latest pics from www.studentbonfire.com. Good Bull!
Twinkie07
Just read the whole thing, and wow I wish I had been here like 10 years ago but student bonfire is buildin up and lookin like it will be an awesome year.

I saw some posts from a couple old HHH guys in here and was wonderin if yall might want to come out to cut with us sometime this year. Me and couple TooTall and Chong are the chiefs and tryin to get the dorm started up this year.
Waltonloads08
AG
WALTON LOADS!
Burger
AG
WALTON LEAVES AT LUNCH AND DOESN"T COME BACKKK
daniel02
AG
ttt, for all us Ags who skipped on the opportunity and said we'd get get around to going to Cut as an upperclassman (in '01 & '02.)

ttt, for Scott West '02. I'm damn proud of you, Scott. Rest In Peace.
NonRegCT
Dam* good thread. I'm reading this and I can barely keep my eyes dry. GOD i miss Bonfire so much.

Daniel boy! i finally get to see one of your posts up front and personal! good bull, ol' army!
daniel02
AG
ttt, for all the kids working on Student Bonfire who are earning their own good bull stories.

Remember '99.
OC Hogs Build Bonfire!
canoe

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.