Bonfire memories

52,766 Views | 252 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TowerAg90
bonfireag95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Master of Time and Space
Windex
AG
A few things I miss about Aggie Bonfire:

Standing on the benches with my "brothers" and getting the wide eyed fish motivated to go kill some ****ing trees at 5:30am on a Saturday.

Meeting the "old ****s" that would come back and tell stories from back in the old army days.

LETTERHEADS and being a redass fish

"Get the **** out of our woods!"

4th stack during a graveyard shift.

Doing a class set of push ups on the cross ties.

Stealing my crew chief's axe handle in the dorm.

Using the very last ounce of strength and energy to **** out massive logs at the end of the day.

Getting on center pole as a fish

Snorting whoknowswhat??? and hauling ass with a rope during pisshead wrap.

What I miss most of all is having fun and bonding with my fish buddies. We live all over the world but we're all still friends to this day.

Dad-O-Lot
AG
November 22nd 1988. My wedding day, and bonfire. Got married on a Tuesday because it was my day off.

After the wedding and after everyone had left, We did what any Aggie couple would do if they had gotten married on the same day as bonfire -- We went to Bonfire.

This year is our 25th anniversary. Burning brush in our yard this weekend, my 4 year old son asks if we can build "a huge bonfire". Made me realize that none of my younger children have ever seen Bonfire.

I'm thinking I may have to remedy this with a 25th wedding anniversary trip to Bonfire with Mom-O-Lot and the kids.
DCC99
AG
Wow, where have 14 years gone?
Agijud
AG
Fightin Texas Aggie Class of '90 here. Has it really been that long? I was a Crew Chief for OCA Hogs and can honestly say that, of all the things I did at A&M, Aggie Bonfire is the one thing that most shaped me and impacted me about Aggieland.
I can still close my eyes and see the sun coming up over campus while sitting on the crossbeams waiting for the final stack. I can smell the perimeter fires in my mind. I still have my pot and my pliers. I took one of my sons ('22) to Student Bonfire three years ago when we moved back to Texas and he has been hooked on A&M since that day.
A good friend, Jerry Don Self, was one of the fallen 12 and I visit his arch everytime I go to Aggieland. Tears are always near the surface when I think of those young lives lost, and even more for the loss of the tradition that each of those young men and women loved so much.
Looking forward to NO BURN BAN BONFIRE this year! I'm already recruiting other dads who are willing to take their kids out of school to come witness our BURNING DESIRE...
wangus12
AG
I miss it all. Met all my best friends and future wife thanks to Aggie Bonfire. I miss the smell of the logs and the dirt and the blood and sweat. The wonderful comraderie.

Younger brother is the YellowPot for Walton this year. Need to go visit him more.

Lucky

T.O. WALTON HALL
GO GUNNERS
CLASS OF 2012

[This message has been edited by wangus12 (edited 10/24/2013 2:03p).]
BigMikeAg94
AG
People on the verge of vomiting from exertion trying like hell to cut down the first tree.

The first guys to the water cooler throwing dirt, sticks, and leaves into the water for everyone else. (Thanks)

Drunken brawls amongst competing dorms, and guys crumpling under hammer-fist blows to the top of the head.
TowerAg90
AG
quote:
Crazy George voice:

one, two halfway up
three, four ON THE TRUCK!
Anybody know whatever became of Crazy George & his Chicago Bears hoodie from elementary school ? Surely he is a Texags account holder. That boy was one funny SOB

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.