Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Acceptance of the move to Dallas

13,145 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by MasterAggie
justwin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
please, no! don't do it!
whasty
AG
"Lets play LSU in Houston every year. Now that my friends is where legends would be born"

Well, the theory behind the Dallas game is that it would help with north Texas recruiting. In the old SWC days we played a DFW game every year. If you look at our roster you'll see a lot more from the Houston area.

A yearly game with Arkansas in Dallas (maybe at Jerry World) would not be second tier to anything.

[This message has been edited by whasty (edited 12/8/2006 11:12a).]
Spaceball 1
AG
Playing TCEH in Dallas could ONLY be seen as a bad thing. I agree with a previous post that a game against LSU in Houston would be great, or even a game against Arkansas yearly at the Cotton Bowl, but NOT TCEH. They should not take away from us, they should offer more! Moving the game to TCEH only serves TCEH. We have lots of money they don't, why help them close the gap on us, while relegating us to the B team at the same time. I am all for a game in Dallas every year, and didn't the presidents just approve an additional game? Lets lock up LSU or Arkansas and create a game that THE COUNTRY might actually get interested in. TCEH doesn't even count. We should not let some idiot from the Cotton Bowl trying to bring new money into their CRAP stadium talk us into a HORRIBLE decision. Again I am ALL for a game in Dallas, but not against a conference foe, those are RESERVED every other year for College Station!

Evil will always win because good is dumb.
-Spaceballs
West Point Aggie
AG
Jim Benson...how is our ADept in serious financial difficulty exactly? I wanna hear this one!

BTHO cal!

TT/A&M in Dallas will ALWAYS be second class to ou/tu...ALWAYS
Mozart Paintings
AG
no one has called out WatchOle kissing some serious a$$ in this thread
halfastros81
AG
I hope it doesn't happen for all the reasons ranger65 says.

The football program has turned the corner. Season ticket sales and more price increases and bigger and more donations will follow. We can live without the money. If Tech want's to play their home game in Dallas then let them do it. We don't need to lose any home games at Kyle Field especially in a relative hole like the Cotton Bowl.
bestmovieevermade
I like the move just not the fact that it'll never be in CS. I'm not going to Dallas to watch a damn Tech game. Also if it brings in extra $ maybe we can start bringing in some better recruits.
MasterAggie
AG
quote:
It will happen because our ath dept is in serious financial difficulty and we cannot say no to an event that puts millions in our pockets.

I see idiotic statements on Texags every day but this one clearly ranks at the very top. You clearly have no damn idea what you are talking about if you can make such a ridiculous statement.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.