***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

178,065 Views | 3299 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Guitarsoup
superunknown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charlotte is turrible
LawHall88
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Exactly what I said. Not that is a surprise.

I like Cedi but neither of those guys are going to matter for long term plans.
Yeah, them and Graham are pretty obviously all trade bait with their contracts.

Collins can't be traded until after the Finals.
LawHall88
AG
superunknown said:

Charlotte is turrible
LawHall88
AG

2008and1
AG
That sequence was insane.

We're on a winning streak! Too bad the back 2 back will kill it.
Enzo The Baker
AG

Dude has only place 20 mins in the last two games. Lame.
Agzonfire
Well that really sucks. First time I've had tickets in years, for tomorrow. I'd rather Wemby play and Pop take the night off
2008and1
AG
This is why I avoided 2nd games of back to backs picking tickets this year. Pop has always been notorious for resting guys in back 2 backs.
Ag Natural
AG
This blows. He clearly doesn't need rest. Why does it take a month to "reevaluate" a minor ankle sprain.

Enzo The Baker
AG
Ag Natural said:

This blows. He clearly doesn't need rest. Why does it take a month to "reevaluate" a minor ankle sprain.

Being overly cautious. Still learning about his body. Don't want to eff up his trust in our medical staff to start his career. I get it but still lame.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Word is that Trae young has a shoulder injury. Snyder and the front office had an emergency meeting last night after their loss. Doing anything they can to trade Murray.

Our control of Atlanta's picks from 25-27 is looking better and better every day. What a heist.

Also Toronto's lottery position currently 7th. Likely they won't go lower than that with the other teams below them. Just need the luck of them not getting top 4.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Word is that Trae Jones has a shoulder injury. Snyder and the front office had an emergency meeting last night after their loss. Doing anything they can to trade Murray.

Our control of Atlanta's picks from 25-27 is looking better and better every day. What a heist.

Also Toronto's lottery position currently 7th. Likely they won't go lower than that with the other teams below them. Just need the luck of them not getting top 4.

Current odd for us:
7th: 20%
8th: 34%
9th: 13%
10th: 1%

Not getting it: 33%
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Ag Natural said:

Being overly cautious. Still learning about his body. Don't want to eff up his trust in our medical staff to start his career. I get it but still lame.

It sucks but I get it. If Victor can get through this season with no injuries it will be a win.
West Texan
AG

Small sample size, but it's against two playoff teams and two bottom feeders.

Ag Natural
AG
Could have won tonight if Devin even a decent shooting night. I dont know how many games they win but with Wemby actually getting to play these guys are going to be tough.
Enzo The Baker
AG
1-13 for Vassell. This guy is wildly inconsistent. Inexcusable for the type of player he needs to be and what we are going to pay him for.
LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

1-13 for Vassell. This guy is wildly inconsistent. Inexcusable for the type of player he needs to be and what we are going to pay him for.

He's the Spurs version of Wade Taylor.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
LawHall88 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

He's the Spurs version of Wade Taylor.

He's way more efficient and consistent than Taylor, though despite Taylor's poor FG percentage tonight was deceptively efficient.
jteagle
AG
The Hawks lost to the Wizards by 28. With the Spurs playing at a higher level, I like their chances on Monday. The Hawks just seem like one of those dysfunctional franchises that will never reach the top.

On another note, is it just me or does there seem to be more huge blowout wins this year than in years past? Seems like every night somebody is getting beat by 35 -40 points.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I'd say that is a pretty stellar performance when being guarded by Alex Caruso. He's lucky he made that one basket.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hawks tried to trade Murray for Quickly and a first and NYK said no.
Guitarsoup
AG
League sources say the Hawks have had continued chatter on potential Murray deals. Some will tell you they're getting close to the finish line, while others will say the Hawks are still on a fishing expedition to determine the trade value for him and other key players (such as Hunter and Capela). The overly optimistic extensions for Capela (one more year left at $22.2 million) and Hunter (three years left after this one for a total of $70 million) also have handcuffed the Hawks' team-building. Part of the appeal of trading Murray just months after he agreed to a four-year, $114 million extension is that his contract could be the bait to stuff Capela or especially Hunter into a deal.

3 hours ago via John Hollinger @ The Athletic
Sher Thing
AG
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed in what I've seen from Devin so far this season. He's only 23 so still time to grow and I'm sure he will be more efficient moving forward as the team continues to learn how to play with Wemby; however, I feel like he projects better as a sharpshooting SF moving forward rather than playing the 2 with the ball in his hands a bunch of the time. The Spurs desperately need more ball handler's/creators and I don't really see that from Vassell outside of once or twice a game.
Sher Thing
AG
Murray seems like a good dude even with some of the comments he's made in the past; however, I don't really have much interest in bringing him back. The Spurs fleeced the Hawks in that trade and I'd be upset if they gave some of that capital back to them.

Saying that, the Spurs do have too many picks moving forward so trading some of that for an established player is likely in the cards at some point.
MookieBlaylock
AG
What did we get out of the Atlanta trade?
Guitarsoup
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

What did we get out of the Atlanta trade?
2024 or 2025 1st round pick: Charlotte (or becomes a 2026 and 2027 2nd round picks if Charlotte pick doesn't convey)
2025: Atlanta 1st round pick (unprotected)
2026: Atlanta 1st round pick (unprotected right to swap if Atl pick is better than the Spurs pick)
2027: Atlanta 1st round pick (unprotected)
MookieBlaylock
AG
That will be nice getting low picks when we are great
Guitarsoup
AG
Over the last 12 games he has played, Victor's stats:
  • 49% - 38% - 80% shooting splits
  • 20.5p
  • 9.6r
  • 3.8a
  • 3.7b
  • 0.9s
  • 2.7to
  • 25.6mpg
Putting into per-36 minute context:
  • 28.82p
  • 13.5r
  • 5.3a
  • 5.2b
  • 1.3s
  • 3.8to
Those are pretty incredible numbers. Around the league:
  • Giannis' per 36 are 32/12/6/1/1
  • Embiid's per 36 are 36/12/6/1/2
  • Joker's per36 are 28/13/10/1/1
  • *****ass Chet's per36 are 22/9/3/3/.8
  • Luka's per 36 are 33/9/8/1.4/.5
  • Durant's per 36 are 28/6/6/1/1
  • Tatum's per 36 are 28/8/5/1/1
Sher Thing
AG
Great showing on TNT today.
LawHall88
AG
Playing better since everyone switched to the Bills - Steelers game. 35 point Atlanta lead down to 15.
superunknown
AG
Kinda dig the atl city unis and floor.
LawHall88
AG
Keldon just killing the Spurs down the stretch.
jteagle
AG
Sher Thing said:

Great showing on TNT today.

First half was incredibly bad but they played a good 2nd half. They could have mailed it in but they didn't.
FTAG 2000
AG
LawHall88 said:

Keldon just killing the Spurs down the stretch.

He's been anticlutch all year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.