***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

188,214 Views | 3419 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Guitarsoup
Sher Thing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Dunn is testing himself into the first round.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Sher Thing said:

I think Dunn is testing himself into the first round.

Same. I think he goes in the 20s.
Guitarsoup
AG
Both our seconds to Phoenix for their #22. Get off some guaranteed salary and luxury tax and they get two guys for the roster cheaper than veterans.

Take Dunn, Devin Carter, mcCain, or Missi
Sher Thing
AG
Topic just got injured and carried off the court during his game in Europe. Kid seems to be made of glass. Terrible timing.

Looks like a knee injury.
Guitarsoup
AG
Sher Thing said:

Topic just got injured and carried off the court during his game in Europe. Kid seems to be made of glass. Terrible timing.

Looks like a knee injury.

His vertical is smaller than Rob's waist
Sher Thing
AG
Was hoping Washington would take Topic 2. Damn.
Guitarsoup
AG
Sher Thing said:

Was hoping Washington would take Topic 2. Damn.

They still might.
Sher Thing
AG
Sher Thing
AG
I think he's probably done. Might even re-classify to 2025 draft.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ughhhh that sucks.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Poor kid. It was his dream to play for red star. He moved up from Mega to do that. He barely got to play and tanked his draft stock in the process. Some risks don't pay off but you feel for him.
West Texan
AG
Have we gotten Castle's correct measurements yet?
Sher Thing
AG
Nothing official but there's this:

Guitarsoup
AG
Sher Thing said:

I'm in at 6'5 210 with 6'9 wingspan and 37" vertical
Ag Natural
AG
Knect can learn to play defense with that athletism. He wasn't asked to play it in college since he was carrying the team on his back.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Sher Thing said:

I'm in at 6'5 210 with 6'9 wingspan and 37" vertical

I wonder how far in the past those measurements are? The shooting numbers he put up in the 3 point drill are very intriguing. Wonder if he's tweaked his form some since the season ended and is trending upward on his shooting trajectory?
jteagle
AG
One thing we should know from past drafts is that the Spurs will draft players that will put in the work to improve. I think Castle fits that bill. I think he's the one I really want.
Knecht is already 23. I understand the appeal but I would rather not.
Guitarsoup
AG
Castle looks smooth AF.

Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Castle looks smooth AF.

I know it's just practice but this dude checks so many boxes. He was on an upward trajectory for the year. He turns weaknesses into strengths. He played team ball at a winning program and has championship experience. He has great motor and steady temperament. And probably most importantly, by all accounts, has a crazy work ethic. Submit the selection to Adam Silver today already.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Castle and Knecht. That's who I want. But as the days move forward, both might not be available at 4 and 8, respectively.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ya I hate to say it but Castle might be a great pick for SA. Checks a ton of boxes and seems like a bonafide winner.

Also if I were to pimp a reach pick for the spurs at 8, Daron Holmes. He screams "Bobby Portis" to me and like the ideal modern big (who can absolutely play next to the perfect modern big; Wemby).
Guitarsoup
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Ya I hate to say it but Castle might be a great pick for SA. Checks a ton of boxes and seems like a bonafide winner.

Also if I were to pimp a reach pick for the spurs at 8, Daron Holmes. He screams "Bobby Portis" to me and like the ideal modern big (who can absolutely play next to the perfect modern big; Wemby).
Also interested in Yves Missi

38.5" vetical
3.12s 3/4 sprint (faster than Carleton, Ron Holland, Sarr, and McClain)
6'10.25" (without shoes)
229.4 lbs
7'2" wingspan
FTAG 2000
AG
Pounding the table, errr, rock over here for Castle. He's gonna look a lot like Kawhi in 2-3 years, minus the crappy knee and pita uncle. We gotta come away from this draft with this kid.
jteagle
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I think 8 may be too high but if they could trade their second rounds picks to move back into the late first, he would be a good take. Missi wouldn't be bad either.

In this draft, I don't think there is any way to know where players will go in the late first and second round.
Ag Natural
AG
A defensive lineup of Castle, Cissoko, Vassell, Sochan and Wemby would be pretty nasty.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Castle looks smooth AF.

Form looks good but slow. Still needs some work, but it looks better than Kawhi did coming out.
Earth Rider
AG
I'd go with Rissacher or Topic. Everything I read aboutg Topic sounds like he would be a great pairing with Wemby.

And I think Rissacher is the best player in this draft. His length, appears fluid, and looks like an NBA pro. Plus being from France and liked by Wemby is huge. I would trade both picks to get him at 2.
Ag Natural
AG
It would suck if the Rockets took Castle.
Guitarsoup
AG
Earth Rider said:

I'd go with Rissacher or Topic. Everything I read aboutg Topic sounds like he would be a great pairing with Wemby.

And I think Rissacher is the best player in this draft. His length, appears fluid, and looks like an NBA pro. Plus being from France and liked by Wemby is huge. I would trade both picks to get him at 2.
You saw Topic blew out his knee today, right?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ag Natural said:

He's a bit redundant for what they have but he's definitely a Udoka guy. The rockets could go alot of different ways, either packaging that pick or some of their existing players for a win now player. They are a definite threat for Castle IMO.

Edit: I will say though I think they are more of a threat for Risacher. They need shooting but he plays D too.
Earth Rider
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Earth Rider said:

You saw Topic blew out his knee today, right?
I just saw that maybe 5 minutes ago. I've seen too many athletes come back after blowing knees. I don't think it hurts his stock much with how many players have come back after blowing a knee.

Before the knee, I would have taken him at 4 if Rissacher was picked at 2 or 3.

After the knee, I would take

Rissacher if available, if not then
Buzelis, if available, if not then
I guess Castle, but I still think Topic is the better prospect.
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Ag Natural said:

He's a bit redundant for what they have but he's definitely a Udoka guy. The rockets could go alot of different ways, either packaging that pick or some of their existing players for a win now player. They are a definite threat for Castle IMO.

Edit: I will say though I think they are more of a threat for Risacher. They need shooting but he plays D too.

Yeah I dont follow the Rockets much but they did pick a plus defenders with a questionable jumper last year. I wonder they lean more toward a Klingan to be Senguin insurance.
Guitarsoup
AG
Rockets traded a couple second rounders for Steven Adams last year to back him up.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I think Clingan would be a great pick for them. They are going to need size to compete in the league for the foreseeable future. I know the fan base is hot for Sheppard, but as great a shooter as he is (and even in the light of his combine outcome today), its really hard to justify using a top 3 pick on him imo.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Rockets traded a couple second rounders for Steven Adams last year to back him up.

Some analysts think they also traded for Adams as a salary filler fore future trade opportunities. Regardless, he's not their long term answer at center.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.