***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

178,091 Views | 3299 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Guitarsoup
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hung around the perimeter quite a bit on offense. Pick and roll at the top and just stay there. He saw 6 open 3 shots and made one.

occasionally would drive to the rim and Kick out when he drew double teams. good vision

needs to stay low on defense. He blocked miller 3 at the top but with that size, stay down and get boards.

its amazing seeing a 7'3 man go up a court and handle a ball like a guard.
FTAG 2000
AG
They didnt run plays for him. There were stretches where he didnt get a look for 4-5 minutes.

Bring back the beautiful game and put him in the Diaw box at the top of the key. He has the vision to make those passes and the shooting stroke to drain it when the defenders sag.

It doesn't have to be hard, Spurs.
Sher Thing
AG
I liked what I saw. Obviously a tough night for him offensively but giving him the ball outside the 3 pt line and asking him to create his own shot really isn't his game. They will find a way to get him the ball in his spots.
superunknown
AG
Just posting this for the last line of the tweet.

jteagle
AG
He never really looked comfortable on the offensive end tonight. I hope they let him play them majority of the games because the first game jitters should be gone and he can concentrate on basketball. Will be interesting to see how he progresses throughout the season.

jr15aggie
AG
His stat line would have been better if guys would have made their shots after some very nice passes.

As a fair weather BB fan I definteky didn't watch a single game from the tankathon season, but it's easy to see why they were terrible last year... the Hornets too!
rsf0626
You can see he's still a little raw on offense. Gonna need some time to get his footwork down, gain strength, ball security, etc. But you can see the potential.

Defensively he's instantly going to be an impact. His length is just so disruptive

rsf0626
jsc8116
AG
Needs to develop back to basket game. One time he caught ball deep in post believe in 2nd quarter and kept trying to juke guy going left/right/left/right and then fell down turning ball over, on next dead ball Brenham talking to him and motioned a baby hook to Wemby.
Guitarsoup
AG
GLeague Dante Exum already hurt

Enzo The Baker
AG
That sucks. It was my first time watching him play yesterday. I was impressed with his ability to finish.
Guitarsoup
AG
I think he can be a good player, but I think he's in a pretty awful situation for his development
FTAG 2000
AG
Rockets starting that tank early.
LawHall88
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Enough time for another ring or two.
Guitarsoup
AG

All the money
TyHolden
AG
I guess I won't be watching the Spurs for 5 more years...
Guitarsoup
AG
TyHolden said:

show me on the doll where pop touched you
TyHolden
AG
Guitarsoup said:

TyHolden said:

show me on the doll where pop touched you
edit: this was uncalled for.
Ag Natural
AG
TyHolden said:

We are all crushed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You will not be missed.
TyHolden
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You will not be missed.
yeah, yeah, I deserve it. He lost a lot of fans though because of his political pressers. Carry on.
West Texan
AG
TyHolden said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You will not be missed.
yeah, yeah, I deserve it. He lost a lot of fans though because of his political pressers. Carry on.

Why would you give that kind of power over your life to someone you've never met?

It's really not that hard to separate politics from basketball and I think it speaks far more to your "fandom" than it does any principles you feel like you're standing up for. If Pop's political opinions can cause you to just give up being a Spurs fan for 5 years, then it wasn't ever that difficult of a decision you and you're on here just grandstanding.
West Texan
AG
In season tournament draw.

LawHall88
AG
Ag Natural
AG
West Texan said:

TyHolden said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You will not be missed.

Why would you give that kind of power over your life to someone you've never met?

It's really not that hard to separate politics from basketball and I think it speaks far more to your "fandom" than it does any principles you feel like you're standing up for. If Pop's political opinions can cause you to just give up being a Spurs fan for 5 years, then it wasn't ever that difficult of a decision you and you're on here just grandstanding.

Pop probably made her get an abortion.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

All the money

Damn. How are the Spurs ever going to sell out the AT&T if Pop is still at the helm? Don't they realize they are alienating the most important part of their fan base?
superunknown
jteagle
AG
If you knew the politics of most of the athletes today, you wouldn't watch much.
Guitarsoup
AG
Imagine never being able to watch any movies, TV shows, listen to most bands, use Amazon or Apple and most other tech company products or services because you dislike the political views of the people involved. Such a sad life.
jr15aggie
AG
I agree... Pop is pretty unbearable when he gets on his high horse!

But you gotta pick and choose your battles. Bud Light... easy to replace (as we are seeing). Sports teams... not so much.
Iowaggie
AG
West Texan said:

In season tournament draw.

TyHolden
AG
jteagle said:

If you knew the politics of most of the athletes today, you wouldn't watch much.
That's my point. Don't care to know their politics. If they want to mix sports and politics (like pop does routinely), I can choose to not attend games, watch them, buy their jerseys, etc. Not worth the effort for the NBA to me. I may watch an Aggie player every now and then when I have time. That's about it. Flame away.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Most people do not care about or watch basketball. If you also do not, no one cares. I don't care about a lot of things, I don't feel the need to go around telling people I don't care about those things.
TyHolden
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

Most people do not care about or watch basketball. If you also do not, no one cares. I don't care about a lot of things, I don't feel the need to go around telling people I don't care about those things.
Does Bud Light care if anybody cares? I think they do.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
The Spurs just drafted Wembanyama and are setting records for season tickets sales, I think they'll be okay if you boycott.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.