Aggie Track and Field Recruiting News

189,046 Views | 1128 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by taylorswift13_
double e
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
triniaggie said:

https://instagr.am/p/CWo7kBpN8jm

Nice xc add! A 15:20 PR! And 11th in 6A at state

Sorry, late to the party here but I can tell you Kyle has a ton of upside and his best distances may be shorter than XC (made state in the 800 as a junior - he's got speed). He's from a serious Aggie family and is a fantastic young man.

And no, I'm not his dad, lol.
taylorswift13
AG
That's awesome! A 1:54 and a 4:18 are impressive, especially for a distance based runner! I bet that mile time falls under 4:10 this spring! Can't wait to follow along his senior year and root for him!!
Anchorhold
sorry. wrong thread.
aggierun
On the tfrrs.org site (I believe the "official" NCAA site) current indoor roster from various schools are beginning to be posted...the A&M list is up. On that list, but not on the A&M website list is a football player from Australia and Snow JC, Jordan Spasojovic, a 6-5 345 pound discus thrower (53.83) metric best. Anybody have any details?
aggierun
Last post should have full name: Jordan Spasojevic-Mako
TRM
AG
That's OL Jordan Moko. It wasn't really asked if he was going to throw here during his recruiting updates on premium, but I guess he is. I think we discussed this a month ago in one of the threads.
Savage_Ag
https://twitter.com/moko_jordan/status/1234226287859793921?t=C_W6_O_uFPI9ajuuyKGUwg&s=19
Love The Grind.....Trust The Process
TRM
AG
aggierun
2 Quick questions (my apologies if this has already been discussed) Track and Field News reports in their December issue that Emmanuel Bamidele has enrolled at Texas A&M. his 200 (20.45) and 400 (44.78) are most impressive! (I believe the marks were set in '19... there is according to the online student directory an individual with that name listed) He is not however listed on the A&M indoor/outdoor track roster. Any
body know what gives?
Also curious if SFA transfer Auhmad Robinson is going to run for A&M this current indoor/outdoor season?
THANKS!
triniaggie
AG

He is on the track roster

Emmanuel Bamidele - Track and Field - Texas A&M Athletics - 12thMan.com

Yes Auhmad Robinson will be joining the team this week
aggierun
MANY THANKS! Don't know how I missed that!!
94chem
Carson Parker

4:55 1600 as junior
18:15 5K at state

Some of these XC kids can really blossom at middle distance when they get to train like the track prima donna's.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
taylorswift13
AG
Future Aggies competing today at the Texas A&M Indoor High School Meet. I'll post updates!

5:00 Boys Pole Vault: Landon Helms
6:40 Girls 800: Cassidy Graham
8:00 Girls High Jump: Abbie Hirth
9:24 Girls 200: Camryn Dickson
94chem
taylorswift13 said:

Future Aggies competing today at the Texas A&M Indoor High School Meet. I'll post updates!

5:00 Boys Pole Vault: Landon Helms
6:40 Girls 800: Cassidy Graham
8:00 Girls High Jump: Abbie Hirth
9:24 Girls 200: Camryn Dickson

Milesplit doesn't show events or results. Didn't they have a 4x800? We decided to let somebody else win it.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
taylorswift13
AG
https://results.flashresults.com/2022_01-07_TAMUHSClassic/index.htm Here's a link to the live results! Do you have athletes competing this weekend? Looks like there's 10 girls teams and 12 boys teams competing in the 4x800
taylorswift13
AG
Landon Helms is a DNS
taylorswift13
AG
A freshman Caila Lyons from San Antonio runs an indoor 2:16 800... wow
94chem
taylorswift13 said:

https://results.flashresults.com/2022_01-07_TAMUHSClassic/index.htm Here's a link to the live results! Do you have athletes competing this weekend? Looks like there's 10 girls teams and 12 boys teams competing in the 4x800

No, but we can get 4 girls under 2:20 outdoors.

That's not a regular outdoor event, but our girls wish it were. Our #2 runner left for study abroad, so we didn't sign up.
94chem,
taylorswift13
AG
94chem said:

taylorswift13 said:

No, but we can get 4 girls under 2:20 outdoors.

That's not a regular outdoor event, but our girls wish it were. Our #2 runner left for study abroad, so we didn't sign up.
dang that's a bummer on your 2nd girl, but what a roster! Hopefully they can show out at the Texas Relays the 4x800 there is always awesome! Best of luck on your season!
taylorswift13
AG
Here's a video of Camryn Dickson's 200 prelim, an easy 24.26 without being pushed which came in 2nd overall out of 359 girls... yes that many ran and A&M pulled it off lol! Finals will be tomorrow!
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYdJ5qEoEuY/?utm_medium=copy_link
taylorswift13
AG
Dickson will compete in the 60 tomorrow, along with Jaiya Covington in the 60 hurdles, and Cassidy Graham in the mile
94chem
taylorswift13 said:

Here's a video of Camryn Dickson's 200 prelim, an easy 24.26 without being pushed which came in 2nd overall out of 359 girls... yes that many ran and A&M pulled it off lol! Finals will be tomorrow!

That's crazy. The cross country kids haven't even transitioned to track yet. And none of them are in clubs because we have good coaches at the school. I wonder how many middle distance runners they would have gotten if they held this during track season?

Does A&M even recruit kids like Sophie Atkinson (UVA) or Heidi Nielson (Arky)?
94chem,
taylorswift13
AG
They have over 200 guys running the mile, and some were competing in cross country 2 months ago lol! It's a fun fun experience, but not necessary when there's 4 months to get good times to impress colleges!

And I'm not sure how much we went after them, I'm sure many many schools did though, those two girls were crazy talented in high school! I'm not sure how much the scholarships pan out, but it's hard to keep those girls from choosing the Arkansas' and other elite distance schools. We did sign some really solid freshman in Gemma Goddard and Maddie Livingston so I hope they run well this season and beyond!
94chem
Districts 5-6 had a sub-2:10 800 that didn't make it out of area. Because of Heidi and Sophie, Parker's 4:55 1600 didn't make it out of regionals...but it's worth a lot of money

Here's a link to the most insane area level HS girls 800 in history:

https://tx.milesplit.com/meets/419573-uil-district-5-6-6a-area-championships-2021/results#.YdmuR81rkSE

94chem,
TRM
AG
94chem said:

taylorswift13 said:

That's crazy. The cross country kids haven't even transitioned to track yet. And none of them are in clubs because we have good coaches at the school. I wonder how many middle distance runners they would have gotten if they held this during track season?

Does A&M even recruit kids like Sophie Atkinson (UVA) or Heidi Nielson (Arky)?
They'd probably get more money at Ark or UVA than us. We don't have great training partners for them at 1600 and 3k/5k, good partners for them at 800.
taylorswift13
AG
Holy hell that's crazy for an area meet! Poor girls, run top state times and not even advance lol! Those Humphries' girls times for a freshman are WOW! Even Brynn Brown barely escaped in the 800 lol
94chem
taylorswift13 said:

Holy hell that's crazy for an area meet! Poor girls, run top state times and not even advance lol! Those Humphries' girls times for a freshman are WOW! Even Brynn Brown barely escaped in the 800 lol

Yep, and the state meet middle distance times are usually slower than the regional times. I think the athletes just refuse to trust their training, and get caught up in the adrenaline rush and the fear of going against the best in the state. I'm continually telling my daughter how freaking long 800m is. She ran 2:17 as a sophomore, but I think the XC runners really struggle getting their splits right because they don't get enough reps. With +5 splits, she could run 2:15 without even changing fitness level, but just running even splits. Raevyn Rogers showed us just how long 800m is.
94chem,
taylorswift13
AG
Jaiya Covington wins the 60 Hurdle Finals with a 8.51
94chem
taylorswift13 said:

Natalie Cook is the one I can't understand. She went from an 18+ 5K runner as a junior (which is great) to being a sub <16:30 runner as a senior (Brynn Brown-esque). I don't even know how that's possible.
94chem,
TRM
AG
94chem said:

taylorswift13 said:

Natalie Cook is the one I can't understand. She went from an 18+ 5K runner as a junior (which is great) to being a sub <16:30 runner as a senior (Brynn Brown-esque). I don't even know how that's possible.
According to some interview I read last month, she adjusted her training plan since was getting injured by cutting her mileage in half and doing more low impact cardio on the bike and elliptical.
taylorswift13
AG
That interview was crazy, something like she was getting in 15-20 miles a week!! Then seeing those times I was shocked, amazed but shocked!!! Don't know what college coach would be fine with their runner running 15 miles a week lol

https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a38595052/natalie-cook-high-school-cross-country-champion/
TRM
AG
If she stays at 15-20 miles, they won't care so long as she wins, but it does cut down on some of the workouts she can do.

Really her body hadn't developed to handle the mileage load. It's going to be a delicate balancing to increase her mileage and stay healthy.
94chem
TRM said:

If she stays at 15-20 miles, they won't care so long as she wins, but it does cut down on some of the workouts she can do.

Really her body hadn't developed to handle the mileage load. It's going to be a delicate balancing to increase her mileage and stay healthy.

Some people just can't grasp the fact that long slow runs make long slow runners. There's only one time that matters. Forcing everybody to get there the same way isn't coaching. If it was that easy, they should just hand out a syllabus. Especially forcing fast twitch runners into high mileage takes their greatest asset and wastes it in grueling practices. Some of the fast twitch runners almost mock the strides too. They can't imagine anything more natural than sprinting. Practicing that is like having to teach a wolf how to eat steak. Good for Natalie!
...and her parents! Hopefully Ok State will let her do her thing and not go Nike on her.
94chem,
triniaggie
AG
Can anyone confirm if Auhmad Roginson is enrolled and on campus?

I noticed he posted something about I will be back with a heart broken emoji
taylorswift13
AG
The school hasn't released who's newly enrolled this semester, but seems like an injury based on my assumption! Hopefully it's something minor and we can have him back for outdoors

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.