Aggie Track and Field Recruiting News

187,506 Views | 1126 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by 94chem
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes absolutely! We all discussed him in the other thread since he's eligible to compete for us now! But he's a legacy who's expected to contribute right away in the 400 hurdles and produce us with possible depth in the 4x400
triniaggie
AG

https://instagr.am/p/CnCz6qsvqyb
triniaggie
AG

Great pick up by the Aggies

https://instagr.am/p/CnRg5hfABoE
taylorswift13
AG
A 10.4 and a 20.7 sprinter! This is one of the best sprinting prospects we've signed in a long long time! Imagine he drops those times this year!! Wow what a pick up! He comes from Monteverde Academy which is a school in Florida that recruits talent across the nation. They are coached by Aggie Olympian and Aggie National Champion Gerald Phiri! That's a great relationship to have!
Guest Commenter
I didn't know until recently that Gerald was at Montverde Academy. I knew that he and our ex sprinter Krystal (last name; Carter? were a couple and coaching together at the same school. I just didn't know it was Montverde). They are having great success in that program on both gender sides.
taylorswift13
AG
Yes that's such a great connection for us to have! Like IMG, MVA will be producing athletes like crazy! Our coaches went out their year for a visit! Let's get that pipeline going! Have two runners of Pat Henry there is always a plus!
taylorswift13
AG
Speaking of MVA look at the talent they have on campus

https://instagr.am/p/CnUwryMPcYr
taylorswift13
AG
Kai Graves Blanks runs a 7.45 in the 55 hurdles! That is just an insane time! Issam Asings runs a 21.5 in the indoor 200!
triniaggie
AG

Kai Graves Blanks runs a 7.88 in the 60 hurdles
Issam Asings runs a 6.73 in the indoor 60m

Montverde Academy girls ran away with the 60m in some incredible times 7.21 and 7.24

Girls 60m
1. Micayah Holland 12 Montverde Academy 7.21
2. Adaejah Hodge 11 Montverde Academy 7.24

Sorry Micayah Holland didn't chose us as well. The Longhorns is getting a great one
taylorswift13
AG
And Holland will somehow be 23 and an Olympian and 2 time World Champ qualifier and 12 time National Champion and still be running her 5th year at Texas
taylorswift13
AG
I can't wait to have those 2 guys on campus! Both can come in and score!! They're originally from Cali and Mizzouri they're not used to indoor training either!
taylorswift13
AG
Here's a cool photo of Aggie signees with their coach who was an Aggie legend, from left to right Kai Graves-Blanks, Gerald Phiri, and Issam Asinga

triniaggie
AG
Laila Hackett won the Arkansas High School Invitation 200m in time of 24.16 and also placed second in the 60m in 7.50
Guest Commenter
Jan 19, 2003
Milesplit states that as of today the top 3 recruiting classes thus far on the men's side:
1. Georgia
2. Oregon
3. Texas A&M

Women:
1. Stanford - tied for the most top 50 recruits(5)
2. Texas - only program to land 3 top 10 recruits this year
3. Kentucky - Zya Akins put them at 5 top 50 recruits(tied for most)

Not mentioned but I'd assume A&M is #4(4 top 50 recruits). If A&M lands Gorriaran we will have 5 top 50. She is also the current #1 recruit in the country. She has eliminated dual sport ideas of track and lacrosse and will only focus on track.
taylorswift13
AG
Finally our men's recruiting is back to where it needs to be!! I'm glad! Oh man I'd die if we landed Sophia Gorriaran! She does follow Coach Mallard and Bailey Goggans on social media! I don't think she's visited, but I'm not so sure! It would be huge to get her on campus soon!
Guest Commenter
I don't recall if she visited or not. Her dad said agents have all touted the importance of learning on the NCAA level and encouraged her to get her education and enjoy collegiate running. She already eliminated Duke, Stanford, Penn State, some other Lacrosse school long ago. She had us in her last 5 remaining:
Texas
Texas A&M
Virginia
Harvard
Penn

The bottom 3 are all great academic programs and I wouldn't expect that she would attend them for emphasis on running but academics. I don't think she will last 4 year in the NCAA level before moving to the professional ranks. That being the case - my gut instinct is that she wouldn't bother to goto those top academic schools knowing she will being going pro in 2 or 3 years. Nope - she will finish up her degree later with some school and likely choose between UT and A&M. I would kinda like our chances as she could knowingly come here with the awareness that it's okay to leave A&M to go pro like so many of our former 800 athletes. This would be the norm and I think that is our advantage. The other schools haven't had 800 people leave before graduation. To me this puts us as a top candidate. You never know as she may opt to hang around for 4 years and if that is her intent then their is no reason not to expect her to embrace somewhere like a Harvard or Penn. If our current girls do well this indoor season that can only help us though.
taylorswift13
AG
Makes total sense! Floreal has all these top sprinters stay in school while they're running at an Olympic level! We've had Mu, Watson, Brazier, Miller all go and earn pro contract quite quickly! Texas will make her run cross country like they do all their 800 runners and Flo has made all his top athletes stay 4 years which I think is ridiculous, Adeleke, Simon, Alfred, as well as Jonathan Jones and Leo Neugebauer! He puts his program first before the athletes! Whereas Henry puts his athletes and their future first! Good insight!
taylorswift13
AG
#SophiatoCollegeStation
taylorswift13
AG
At the Tech High School Indoor Meet, Laila Hackett goes 7.42 to place 2nd in the 60 and a 23.88 to lead the 200 prelims!
taylorswift13
AG
Issam Asinga runs a 6.59 in the 60. Woah!
triniaggie
AG

Great run by Asinga.

I think our social media platforms should highlight the performances of our signees. Laila Hackett, Issam Asinga and Kai Greaves Blanks and others are doing very well but no mention on our social media platforms.
LSU and other schools highlights their signees during their senior year.
triniaggie
AG
Another top hurdler

Arveyon Davis
Personal Bests:
60mH: 7.84 (US #5)
110mH: 13.78 (TX #9)
300mH: 37.21 (TX #9)

https://instagr.am/p/CoIy2AmviQg
taylorswift13
AG
What a huge signing! We're gonna have two of the best hurdlers in the country! Can't wait!
taylorswift13
AG
21.01 for Asinga in the 200! Just wow! This thread is gonna become an Asinga thread
Look Out Below
AG
Saw an interesting new name on our TFRRS roster...
taylorswift13
AG
This name is too good to not drop it!!! WOW WOW WOW! After the Texas Relays I said I wish we got this guy!
taylorswift13
AG
Ushan Perera 7'6.5 / 2.30 HIGH JUMP WOAH
taylorswift13
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChvF0vYJbvu/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y
triniaggie
AG
Is he enrolled and eligible for this indoor or outdoor season?
triniaggie
AG
Must have been a very late transfer.

He is still on the TFRRS TAMU Commerce Track Roster for 2022-2023
TFRRS | TAMU-Commerce Men's Track & Field Results & Statistics

He is not on the TAMU Commerce track website roster though
taylorswift13
AG
Local star stays home! A 5:02 miler is solid, I bet she brings that closer to 4:55 this year!!

https://instagr.am/p/CoZ_A8EOXKU
taylorswift13
AG
Another distance addition today! Carter Gordy a 4:16 miler and 15:17 5k in xc!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoZ9hAYLUmn/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
ksmith3764
Any confirmation on the high jumper from commerce??
triniaggie
AG
His Instagram profile has TAMU24

https://instagram.com/ushan__perera?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y
Guest Commenter
Sophia Gorriaran has set announcement date for Friday 2/10/2023 to reveal her next career choice. She owns the world U20 600m record and will run it at the Armory on Saturday.

She is down to Texas, Texas A&M, University of Pennsylvannia, Virginia, & Harvard.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.