Women's Tennis 2023/2024

264,975 Views | 3482 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Aggie Tennis
Chruchie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
seems not. media posted a win at 4-0. it was a doubles header for baylor and a beat down so maybe they take their losses and call it at that. i'm a little surprised we even played mary and nichole is singles. daria beat their #1 in the fall 0-6, 6-0, 6-3 in the fall. that would have been a good match to see ellie and sydney in singles.
Quail
I was shocked at how bad Baylor was. However, girls did what they needed to do and took care of business!!
Ok, am I the only one that cannot stand coaches walking out on the court in between each point!! That drives me nuts.
Ag4eva95
Baylor was missing their only ranked singles player, Kadleckova. Transfer from Iowa State. Not saying it would have changed anything, but it made them a different team. Changed singles and doubles for them
aggiedrjdub
AG
Quail said:

I was shocked at how bad Baylor was. However, girls did what they needed to do and took care of business!!
Ok, am I the only one that cannot stand coaches walking out on the court in between each point!! That drives me nuts.
I cannot stand it. Literally between every point, and sometimes the coach isn't completely off the court before the next serve. When I played this wasn't as prominent (granted, that was 25+ years ago).
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Quail
aggiedrjdub said:

Quail said:

I cannot stand it. Literally between every point, and sometimes the coach isn't completely off the court before the next serve. When I played this wasn't as prominent (granted, that was 25+ years ago).
Glad I am not the only one!!! We have a coach that does the same (not Mark) but man, that Baylor coach came out on every point!!!
I would have to say just leave me alone until we change courts!
JPN06
I haven't noticed our coaches doing that. Men's coaches? Yes it is extremely annoying and needy.
Signem
Joey Scarvino has always been a micro manager of his players. Some respond to that much attention and others go nuts. I'm like a few others on here, I wish Ellie and Sydney would have been given a chance. But oh well, I don't get paid the big bucks to make those decisions. Mark has to have his reasons. Hope to see a BIG crowd at Mitchell tomorrow evening. Playing under the lights always adds another dimension to the game.
tennisaggie
Gap
AG
Our 3 doubles of Fitch/ Khitin is down 0-5. I dont know how many points they have even won during play.

We will very likely need to win at 1 and 2 to take the doubles point against SMU.
Gap
AG
Doubles:
1: 2-3
2: 3-4
3: 1-6
Gap
AG
Doubles:
1: 2-5
2: 4-4
tennisaggie
I think Quail is referring to Jordan, who seems to be aware of who needs it and who doesn't. He always seems to be placed with the girls who need that support.
Gap
AG
SMU takes the doubles point. Onto singles down 0-1

Doubles:
1: 3-6
2: 5-5
Gap
AG
Singles going well. Ags take all 6 first sets.
Gap
AG
Ags up 3-1

Mary wins at 1: 6-1 6-1
Nicole wins at 2: 6-2 6-1
Jeanette wins at 6: 6-1 6-0
Gap
AG
Ags clinch and lead 4-1

Daria wins at 5: 6-2 6-4
Quail
tennisaggie said:

I think Quail is referring to Jordan, who seems to be aware of who needs it and who doesn't. He always seems to be placed with the girls who need that support.

Correct! Baylor coach was worse but between the two it was quite often!
Aggie Tennis
AG
Love the dominate singles performance, but this match highlights how bad we are at doubles currently. Yikes.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

Love the dominate singles performance, but this match highlights how bad we are at doubles currently. Yikes.

Unusual for line 1 for sure. Line 2 was in it. No words for line 3. That was total domination in singles. Wow.
mullokmotx
AG
Really got outplayed in doubles tonight but came back in the first sets, winning 36 games to SMU's 6.
mullokag
Chruchie
AG
yeah, was at the match today. SMU changed their doubles lineup from what they've normally played with but came out ready to play. the doubles result wasn't what i was hoping for, but honestly it was really entertaining doubles. as a fan of the game i really appreciated the product that was on the court (except line 3, that was rough)
B$Weigem
AG
Smu dominated the net in doubles. Smu hit hard crisp volleys while we hit too many floating volleys.
aggiedrjdub
AG
B$Weigem said:

Smu dominated the net in doubles. Smu hit hard crisp volleys while we hit too many floating volleys.
Really hoping line 3 can get in a groove. After 2 solid wins recently, I was hopeful. Getting down 0-5 in 14 minutes isn't ideal. Yikes.

But, singles. Man - so happy for lines 5 and 6. Solid wins and Jeanette's confidence is back. The entire line up 1-6 was just on it. Will need that moving into conference play.
JPN06
What is your conference record prediction? I think we'll go 11-2 with a loss at UGA and someone random we match up poorly with (doubles + 5 & 6).
aggiedrjdub
AG
JPN06 said:

What is your conference record prediction? I think we'll go 11-2 with a loss at UGA and someone random we match up poorly with (doubles + 5 & 6).
The way Georgia has set their doubles is the biggest concern. Arguably, two of their most experienced players are playing line 3 doubles for them. I think Mark making the move at line 3 with more experience was an important move. The doubles point will probably come down to line 2 as I think we will take line 1 doubles. I also think we are better in singles, 1-4 than Georgia. I'm feeling more confident in Jeannette with what we've seen over the last few weeks; Daria still worries me even though I love how she strikes the ball...

Let's see how we do against a very talented South Carolina team on Friday. I'd like to say we are still the favorites to win the conference, but this team needs to regain that swagger they've had for the last 2 years. I think your prediction is a good one. This team COULD go undefeated in conference again; the team could also lose 4 matches in conference. A little like the women's basketball team, it will be dependent on what team shows up that day.
JPN06
South Carolina is overrated. They haven't beaten anybody great and have squeaked by a couple of mediocre teams 4-3. At home, I'm going to say 4-1 Ags.

I think it's highly unlikely we go undefeated because of the holes in the lineup. The doubles could definitely change for the better, but I think it's a personnel problem. It's not like these coaches all of a sudden stopped coaching good doubles. Against the elite teams we are heavy underdogs at doubles + five and six and it's tough to win match when you're most likely needing to win 1-4 singles against 4 great players.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Good luck vs South Carolina today. They are ranked higher than us and will come in with confidence. Hoping we can take care of business! Gig'em!
Anchorhold
BTHOcockadoodledoos!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Line 3 wins 6-0

Line 1 3-3 in serve
Line 2 3-4 on serve (just had 3 break points - lost them all).
Chruchie
AG
ags win court 2 6-4. court 1 had match point at 5-3
aggiedrjdub
AG
Aggies win all 3 doubles matches

Line 1, 6-3
Line 2, 6-4
Line 3, 6-0

Aggies lead 1-0 going into singles.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Amazing what it does to our odds of winning taking that one point. Let's make the same statement in singles!
aggiedrjdub
AG
How does Jeannette go from not playing doubles to line 2 with success? Lol. Just goes to show how important chemistry is.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Won 5 of 6 first sets. Mary struggling with a very good Ayana. Line 2 was a battle but Nicole wins 6-4. Lines 3,4,5,6 all win their first sets convincingly.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Mary 2-6
Nicole 6-4
Mia 6-3
Lulu 6-0
Daria 6-2
Jeannette 6-1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.