Women's Tennis 2023/2024

176,821 Views | 2439 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by aggiedrjdub
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When will the big bracket come out
aggiedrjdub
AG
LB12Diamond said:

When will the big bracket come out

The draw is Monday, April 29 at 6:30.
Faustus
NM.
Faustus
NM.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anyone heard status on Carson's injury?
Chruchie
AG
i haven't yet. my hunch(which is just a hunch) is that's she's good, she just needs a short recovery. i says this because of her activity on social media the past two days. before it was announced she was returning she had no A&M presence on sm. even after the tournament she has been posting leading me to believe she still considers herself part of the team and will compete in NCAAs
aggiedrjdub
AG
Chruchie said:

i haven't yet. my hunch(which is just a hunch) is that's she's good, she just needs a short recovery. i says this because of her activity on social media the past two days. before it was announced she was returning she had no A&M presence on sm. even after the tournament she has been posting leading me to believe she still considers herself part of the team and will compete in NCAAs

We will find out for sure after the draw on Monday and not a second before. Haha
Anchorhold
Lineups can change every week, but the same roster has to be used throughout the playoffs, including any potentially healthy players.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Let's hope this is not what ends up happening.

Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Let's hope this is not what ends up happening.

That would be tough.

We have the talent to beat anyone, but as we saw at the SEC tournament, home court advantage is a big deal in college tennis.

One thing that helps us - no top 8 ranked team wants to face us.
bigtimeag1977
Here is a fun fact…Texas A&M has won five SEC titles in the last three years. Women's tennis has won four of the five. I have a feeling we will do just fine in the ncaa tournament.
Chruchie
AG
I'm curious if the committee bumps us up a little because of carson. while the ncaa usually sticks to the ita rankings very closely, they don't always go with them directly. guess we'll find out.

i would rather play UVA over UNC at least in the sweet 16. UVA is a deep team but i think with carson (which we have not heard anything yet) it drops everyone enough to where i think our top players have an advantage and the middle /bottom of the lineup match up pretty evenly.
Anchorhold
Carolina fans are not excited about the potential super regional against "the newly re-tooled A&M" and "their Pro".
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold said:

Carolina fans are not excited about the potential super regional against "the newly re-tooled A&M" and "their Pro".
It would be an unfortunate pairing in the sweet 16. One of the contenders will be taken out early if this is how it ends up.
aggiedrjdub
AG
MTT takes the 15 seed which is what was projected for them. They will host San Diego, Baylor, and Rice. Will face tu in the sweet 16 as the overall 2 seed.
James Russell
AG
13 seed playing TAMU-CC and the winner of Arizona & Oklahoma.
Chapa96
AG
James Russell said:

13 seed playing TAMU-CC and the winner of Arizona & Oklahoma.
UNC seeded 4?
James Russell
AG
Correct.
Chapa96
AG
James Russell said:

Correct.
Dang it!! I hope they get revenge on OU from 2 years ago and then take down UNC!!!! I want to see them at OSU.
Chruchie
AG
Just win!
Anchorhold
BTHOcorpus!
Aggie Tennis
AG
Time to win the NCAA title.

UNC is not quite as deep as prior years. No line will be easy, but we can win #5 and #6.

Our top 4 can beat anyone.

We can take them.
Chruchie
AG
let it be noted that we were 1 doubles match away from beating the #2 overall seed Stanford. we play similar to that level there is not a team we cannot beat, with or without carson.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Well bummer. They didn't really mention Carson other than how we were on a high 2 weeks ago when it was announced and is eligible. Well earned shout outs to Mary and Lucianna on the show though.

I guess as will wait to see what lineup is announced soon enough.
Anchorhold

Chruchie
AG
is this the official lineup we submitted? if so can you also post the link?
Anchorhold
That is my take on it.

https://web2.ncaa.org/tennis/public/year/142/schools/submissions/31713
Anchorhold
aggiedrjdub
AG

Here we go.

aggiedrjdub
AG
Never, and I repeat never in my wildest dreams did I think Carson and Lulu would be playing doubles together. LMAO. Did NOT see that one coming, but I like it!
fishoutawater
New Stadium Club members here. Will we have the opportunity to purchase club tickets for the NCAAs?
Rodney Dean
AG
Last year, the stadium club area was open to all since it was an NCAA event and not an Aggie event.
Gap
AG
Season stadium club members will have a chance to keep their seats for the NCAA's.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Mark finally took my advice on our doubles lineup.

"And stuff" to follow.

Aggie Tennis said:

Hopefully Mark knows we are available to help with lineup decisions this weekend. My thoughts:

1. Mary and Mia
2. Carson and Luci
3. Nicole and Jeanette

Mary and Carson are the best team, but we have a good chance to beat anyone with M&M and need help down the lineup. Carson's aggressiveness and net game combined with Luci's consistency from the baseline could be a solid #2. Jeanette has been playing better and paired with Nicole, can get us some critical wins.

1. Mary
2. Carson
3. Nicole
4. Mia
5. Lucianna
6. Jeanette

Embarrassment of riches at the top. The ability to move Mia/Luci/Jeannette down one is a game changer.

This lineup can win the NCAA title.
Rodney Dean
AG
It looks like our ladies play at 1:00. I wonder when the OU match time will be announced. I assume it would be after.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.