Women's Tennis 2023/2024

265,803 Views | 3489 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by JPN06
carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiedrjdub said:

The question is, where is Carson
***Edited - comment removed after today's news
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Anchorhold
Nicole won this morning 6-3, 6-1.
aggiedrjdub
AG
We remain #11 in the latest polls.

Mary #1 (huge gap)
Nicole #19
Mia #44
M&M #4
Anchorhold
(Small Gap) Points:
49.46. TAMC
49.32. NC State
49.21. Florida
48.00. Auburn

Just keep winning.
Chruchie
AG
the fact that mary has nearly double the amount of point than the #10 ranked player in the country is unprecedented. when has there ever been such a big gap between the top ranked player and the rest of the field. she's the opposite of flashy, but clearly the best player in the country.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Really hoping for some good news today. Need it after Janiah Barker just broke our hearts. Damn.
aggiedrjdub
AG
End of Tuesday. Still no Carson news.
Anchorhold
FREE HAT!!

aggiedrjdub
AG
@bigfootwhat is the tea?
bigfoot10s
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

@bigfootwhat is the tea?

Far as I know, still happening this weekend.
aggiedrjdub
AG
So by Friday?
bigfoot10s
AG
Supposed to be yes. If all the clearance goes well tomorrow
aggiedrjdub
AG
Ok well that seems positive. Hopefully we don't have some last minute road blocks.
Anchorhold
The more I think about it the more certain I am that nothing more will happen until match time on Friday (or Sunday). Just to make it more dramatic.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Friday is the big match though.
bigfoot10s
AG
Possible that Carson doesn't play til Sunday, but should be on campus tomorrow
Chapa96
AG
bigfoot10s said:

We'll need her Friday if at all possible with Nicole out.
bigfoot10s
AG
Chapa96 said:

bigfoot10s said:

I've been told Nicole will be back for Friday, Carson Sunday
Chapa96
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Chapa96 said:

bigfoot10s said:

Good! Thks!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Chapa96 said:

bigfoot10s said:

Chapa96 said:

bigfoot10s said:

Good! Thks!

We can work with this. lol do you think the other teams are going to pitch a fit? I can't believe you can travel and play professionally but come back for a few college matches and NCAAs lol. I'm not complaining but if I saw this happen at another school I would be lol
Anchorhold
They can cry all they want, she's been enrolled all semester and after it was clear no one else was coming then the scholarship should have continued for Carson for just in this exact situation. I'm sure other schools have blown a scholarship on players that never competed in the spring (didn't t.u. this year?).

But we mustn't underestimate the incompetency level of the ncaa paperwork process.
Anchorhold
Showing [more of] my ignorance here: If Nicole's coming back is she going to be ready for Friday? I know in tournaments it isn't unusual to play both doubles and singles up to six or seven days in a row, but she hasn't done that in a while. I'm mostly scared of the "i" word at this point of the year.
bigfoot10s
AG
She should get one practice in before. I'm sure she will be tired from the travel and play, but still our best bet I think.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold said:

They can cry all they want, she's been enrolled all semester and after it was clear no one else was coming then the scholarship should have continued for Carson for just in this exact situation. I'm sure other schools have blown a scholarship on players that never competed in the spring (didn't t.u. this year?).

But we mustn't underestimate the incompetency level of the ncaa paperwork process.
yeah - i do agree, and this makes me think this was the plan all along since the extra scholarship is still available? it's almost as if he knew what was coming.

i guess what confuses is me is that someone on this board said that she would not ever be coming back bc she medically retired from college sports which is irreversible. i don't know that to be true or false; just repeating what someone posted.
nereus
AG
I don't know the rules or how any of that works, but I never understood that when that poster said that. How can you "medically" retire from a college sport and be still playing it professionally? It clearly wouldn't be a medical issue if you are able to be playing that sport professionally.

That just seems ridiculous to me (but again, I have no idea how any of that actually works).
Aggie Tennis
AG
Hopefully Mark knows we are available to help with lineup decisions this weekend. My thoughts:

1. Mary and Mia
2. Carson and Luci
3. Nicole and Jeanette

Mary and Carson are the best team, but we have a good chance to beat anyone with M&M and need help down the lineup. Carson's aggressiveness and net game combined with Luci's consistency from the baseline could be a solid #2. Jeanette has been playing better and paired with Nicole, can get us some critical wins.

1. Mary
2. Carson
3. Nicole
4. Mia
5. Lucianna
6. Jeanette

Embarrassment of riches at the top. The ability to move Mia/Luci/Jeannette down one is a game changer.

This lineup can win the NCAA title.
Aggie Tennis
AG
In other news, Mary wins her 13th SEC player of the week.

Chruchie
AG
I was doing some digging and came across an article that helps clarify the NCAA medical retirement (exemption) rules. Basically, in the event that someone whose was granted medical retirement's circumstances change and they are able to compete at the collegiate level again, in order for them to return to play for that university a scholarship must be available. This usually is never the case with sports because every coach wants to fill every scholarship. Because we have an open scholarship available, it allows the possibility for Carson to return (given the NCAA is effective).

https://www.buildingthedam.com/2017/5/21/15672310/thomas-tyner-medical-retirement-situation-explained-college-football-oregon-state-redshirt-hardship
Chapa96
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

Mary and Carson are the best team, but we have a good chance to beat anyone with M&M and need help down the lineup. Carson's aggressiveness and net game combined with Luci's consistency from the baseline could be a solid #2. Jeanette has been playing better and paired with Nicole, can get us some critical wins.

1. Mary
2. Carson
3. Nicole
4. Mia
5. Lucianna
6. Jeanette

Embarrassment of riches at the top. The ability to move Mia/Luci/Jeannette down one is a game changer.

This lineup can win the NCAA title.
I am so hoping for this!!! We need that top 8 seed to play at home for the first few rounds then off to Oklahoma State for the NCAAs! I've already booked my Airbnb for the week. Staying longer this year to catch some singles and doubles.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I'm good with Carson playing 6 and 3 doubles at this point! LOL
aggiedrjdub
AG
Ok - I'm just now reading about a match that was overturned between Wisconsin and Northwestern after it was appealed. NU appealed the result of lines 1 and 2 and actually won the appeal and overturned the match results to a 4-3 win in NU's favor. I'm assuming this was bc Wisconsin flipped athletes to win those spots? I'm not 100% sure. In light of this, does the lineup have to reflect a UTR order? So, we couldn't just throw someone like Carson in at line 6 but would have to play her head to head within someone similar?
aggiedrjdub
AG
I just don't think you disrupt Mary and Mia at this point. Agree there. Lulu and Jeanette have kind of hit their stride, but I could see Nicole and Carson at 2 and Jeanette and Lulu at 3 but that would leave Sydney as an alternate.
Anchorhold
That's a bizarre story. One girl plays #2 all season, goes out for three weeks, and all of sudden plays #1 when she comes back? But there was precident in that lineup during THIS season. Like last year when Carolina tried to stack their lineup for the playoffs and had to switch some of it back. (I still have a conspiracy theory about Crawley).

Nicole and maybe even Mia are ranked so high that a returning player could fit into maybe number four.
bigfoot10s
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I just don't think you disrupt Mary and Mia at this point. Agree there. Lulu and Jeanette have kind of hit their stride, but I could see Nicole and Carson at 2 and Jeanette and Lulu at 3 but that would leave Sydney as an alternate.

This is my prediction as well
Chruchie
AG
Carson will arrive friday but won't play friday. she will play sunday however with the lineup as followed…

M/M
Lulu/ jennette
Nichole/Sydney
(carson won't play doubles)

1. Mary
2. Nichole
3. Carson
4. Mia
5. Lulu
6. Jennette

these top 3's UTR are so close that it can't be disputed and you still feel extremely comfortable on every court. this information was obtained by a direct source.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.