Women's Tennis 2023/2024

264,968 Views | 3482 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Aggie Tennis
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We haven't been great at closing out matches lately in singles or doubles. Not sure what's going on but our confidence isn't as high as it normally is.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Gap
AG
Mia down 5-6
aggiedrjdub
AG
Gap said:

Mia down 5-6

Has lost 4 games in a row.
Chapa96
AG
Got a freshman and sophomore trying to close out matches.
Gap
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Gap said:

Mia down 5-6

Has lost 4 games in a row.

Make that 5 in a row.

Mia loses 5-7.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Chapa96 said:

Got a freshman and sophomore trying to close out matches.

And now Just a freshman. Mia loses after holding 6 match points.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Wow Lulu comes up clutch! Down 3-6 in that tiebreak and comes back to win 9-7.

Aggies win 4-3!
Aggie Tennis
AG
She was so clutch. Tough weekend but so glad they get to experience a tight win to close it.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Chruchie
AG
Her first ranked win too! Way to go Lulu!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Honestly, I watched that tiebreak and when things got tight she continued to hit thru the ball. That was the difference. Lulu continued to move Aulia around and forced the last two errors. Solid effort today by Lulu!
Aggie Tennis
AG
Nicole was great again today.

She's playing like a #1 at #2.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Solid win for Jeannette and Mary, too. Nicole is on a different planet right now. Just smoking the ball and playing so confidently.
Chruchie
AG
i wouldn't be surprised if we saw jenette at 5 against Vanderbilt. she's playing rally well. should have won against georgia, and continues to have better results.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Chruchie said:

i wouldn't be surprised if we saw jenette at 5 against Vanderbilt. she's playing rally well. should have won against georgia, and continues to have better results.

Fair point. She did lose a very VERY winnable match vs Georgia on Friday. She just can't find a win against the pushers (to be fair, it's hard to put them away). I'm not sure, outside of injury, if lineup changes like that can be made during the conference season? Ellie deserves a shot. Line 5 isn't a win for us most weekends so it's worth a shot?
aggiedrjdub
AG
Gig'em
aggiedrjdub
AG
Do they continue to see if line 5 can get hot, or do they make the move?
Aggie Tennis
AG
Pure speculation, but I think Mark knows we need Daria playing to her ability to make a run. She has more upside so is giving her a lot of time.

I remember watching her win against UNC at the indoors last year thinking she'd be another Mia.

Hopefully she can get there. Great to see Jeanette playing better. We need it.

Also great moment for Luci. Four as a freshman has been tough, but that win will pay dividends.
bigfoot10s
AG
I have a feeling that Daria is like Jon Lewis back in the day for the men. They called him the Practice All American. Could beat anyone in practice, couldn't win matches he should in competition.

I think she's got match anxiety, but I will say todays score line looked way better than Friday.
Chruchie
AG
Line up changes dont matter in season play as long as it's not a move for fixing a match which it wouldn't. changes can't happen in the NCAA where coaches submit their lineup to start the tournament and can only take out and everyone moves up. idk what the coaches will do, i personally think it's worth a shot, but i don't get paid the big bucks they do. the coaches have earned my trust in their process, even if i might do something different.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yeah all good points. She does have a huge upside, but tennis is so much more than how you hit the ball. Some people just do not know how to win matches but they strike the ball like a champ. We will see if the coaches can turn it around for her.
aggiedrjdub
AG
She has won some good matches for us in the past, though. Not sure why this season has been such a struggle for her.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Can't believe there is no social media post of match point yesterday for Lulu. Annoying.
bigfoot10s
AG
I don't know that we travel with someone who takes video of points on the road, seems like that's only at home
taylorswift13_
bigfoot10s said:

I don't know that we travel with someone who takes video of points on the road, seems like that's only at home
holding a phone up and pressing the record button doesn't take a hired social media expert
bigfoot10s
AG
Who is gonna do it on the road? A player? The trainer? A coach?
aggiesherpa
AG
"Now presenting the taylorswift13_ endowed gift for social media travel expenses"
nereus
AG
Not sure someone should have to travel to post a video of match point. With still cams on all the courts, it seems like a social media person could post match point on twitter/x/facebook/etc. from College Station. Might not be high def, high production quality video, but still something.
taylorswift13_
bigfoot10s said:

literally anybody with a hand
aggiedrjdub
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

bigfoot10s said:

literally anybody with a hand

Lmao @ literally anybody with a hand LOL - For real - what a great moment to relive. Maybe we will get lucky and they will post something.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Did y'all see this?

Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Did y'all see this?

I like it. Good for the players and would bring much needed exposure to the sport.
Anchorhold
She has a legitimate complaint. She missed the fall of last year waiting to clear the paperwork on tournaments she played before she even enrolled because of issues she had cleared with the NCAA before submitting it. At least that is her and the school's side of the story.
aggiedrjdub
AG
WTT in at #11.

Mary #1
Nicole #14
Mia #36

Mary/Mia #5 doubles
Anchorhold
My gosh! Look at that spread between Mary and the rest of the field. (Rajecki lost almost two points since the last ranking, mostly due to losing to a then-ranked 119 Syracuse player).

Last year's final standings for reference:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.