Women's Tennis 2023/2024

176,537 Views | 2438 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Aggie Tennis
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rodney Dean said:

It looks like our ladies play at 1:00. I wonder when the OU match time will be announced. I assume it would be after.

Men play at 4, I bet the OU match is at 10am
aggiedrjdub
AG
You did call this. Well done. Makes sense, too!
Ag4eva95
So what if someone protests Scotty at #1. That record is definitely sketchy and think there would be reasoning. I'm
Just curious how they even have reasoning for that
aggiedrjdub
AG
Ag4eva95 said:

So what if someone protests Scotty at #1. That record is definitely sketchy and think there would be reasoning. I'm
Just curious how they even have reasoning for that

Someone will.
Ag4eva95
As they should. Crawley plays the entire ACC tournament at #1 and then they decide to change it right before NCAAs. Like how dumb.
Anchorhold
It's what they did last year, but brantmeier was able to be better than crawley on a good day.
Gap
AG
WOMEN

Saturday, May 4 - First Round
10 a.m. Arizona vs. Oklahoma
1 p.m. Texas A&M vs. A&M-Corpus Christi

Sunday, May 5 - Second Round
1 p.m. Winners

MEN

Friday, May 3 - First Round
10 a.m. Baylor vs. San Diego
1 p.m. Texas A&M vs. Rice

Saturday, May 4 - Second Round
4 p.m. Winners
Ag4eva95
Brantmeier I feel like is somewhat understandable because they actually did switch off during the year, that was probably the recruiting pitch to her.

Scotty is a head scratcher. Doesn't play most of the season, even had matches at 4&5 in the lineup I believe, then miraculously players her way to #1 right as the NCAA tournament starts? I call bull ****
Chruchie
AG
after reading the doubles section of the lineup website, it appears that in order for a team to receive a bid to the NCAA doubles championships they must have 10 matches as a pair and that pair must be the one submitted in the lineup.

i'll admit this is a little confusing in the case of mary and carson last year who got the #2 overall seed at the reveal, however i don't know what mark submitted for the team competition. i may have read it wrong but that's what I interpreted.
Chruchie
AG
i'm sure Mark will be the first to object if that's what he wants. maybe he doesn't object, mary is having a better season than crowley. Maybe he likes that match up and Carson vs. Scotty also might lean Carson. Only time will tell, now that each team can change their lineup order after each weekend it's a bigger chess match.
Ag4eva95
True, I'm just saying. We got a bit screwed with seeding, so why not take out a team playing a questionable lineup.

Plus, I'm not looking too far ahead. OU is not going to be an easy match. They still have a very solid team and have had a good year. Feel like when they are healthy, they are a top 10/15 team
Anchorhold
One thing I have learned about the committee is that they are either very lazy or afraid to do anything that is not strictly by the numbers. If Carson had swept through the SEC tournament would have had to have raised our ranking.

The different thing about the challenges this year is that they are not anonymous. What I am afraid of is that if Carolina gets away with stacking in the first weekend then the committee can use the excuse that "well, they did it once so we'll let them do it again." I think Mark has made it clear that we're not afraid of using any order at the top of our lineup and the hardest part to someone challenging us would be the distraction of dealing with it.
Anchorhold
The portal officially opens today and we still have one open scholarship for next year (or Carson's fourth year of eligibility).

Eleana Yu was ranked right behind Lulu for preseason freshmen is not listed on Stanford's playoff roster.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold said:

The portal officially opens today and we still have one open scholarship for next year (or Carson's fourth year of eligibility).

Eleana Yu was ranked right behind Lulu for preseason freshmen is not listed on Stanford's playoff roster.

Is Yu injured?
Aggie Tennis
AG
We may be the #13 seed, but if you exclude the injured Brantmeier, we have the most talented lineup in women's college tennis going into the NCAAs.

Winner of our match vs. UNC is set to beat OSU in the semis and take on Stanford in the finals.

Every team is beatable this year and we have the lineup to do it.

aggiedrjdub
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6ZEjKES4yy/?igsh=c3ZuODg0d2hoMTZ4

This is inspiring. There's just something about Mary…Gig'em!

If you have children that are athletes, please takes some time and have them watch this. She is the absolute epitome of what it is to be an Aggie!
Aggie Tennis
AG
She's amazing.

aggiedrjdub said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6ZEjKES4yy/?igsh=c3ZuODg0d2hoMTZ4

This is inspiring. There's just something about Mary…Gig'em!
Anchorhold
Women's Bracket Challenge is up

http://collegetennisranks.com/rankings/bracketchallenge/d1w
RED AG 98
AG
I think it's the same video as on IG, but here's the link to the video and story on the TMF website; it's about 20 minutes long. The TMF media player has ff, rew and playback speed controls which make it easier to navigate.

My Aggie Story: Mary Stoiana '25 | 12th Man Foundation
rocketman1806
I'm a casual observer here, I wonder how the team feels that Carson just comes back to play for the SEC and NCAA. You think they have any sort of resentment or is that not how tennis works? Since it's more of an individual sport.
nereus
AG
She played all year last year until she got hurt. Played at other schools and battled injuries there too.

I don't have inside knowledge, but I personally would be okay with it if I was on the team. She's paid her dues.
Rodney Dean
AG
If it helps the team win, then all good. I guess the person who was 6 got bumped, but them's the brakes.
RodgerDodger
Couldn't imagine anyone not wanting their team to have the best chance possible to win. Tennis is an individual sport, but not in college athletics. Not supposed to be at least.
Rodney Dean
AG
The bigger issue to me is playing the number 1 player in the country at the 2 spot. Wouldn't someone fight that?
RodgerDodger
SEC set a big precedent in the 13-0 vote. I'm sure it could be protested, but seems like that is the general consensus of what the lineup should be. Happened last year as well with UNC.
Chruchie
AG
having conversations with the girls, they didn't know what to fully think of it. However, pointing out to them that Carson came back to win a national championship is the kindest their adopting. this team was already VERY close, and carson does room with some of the girls. The girls understand that Carson joining the team helps the team towards reaching that goal.
Anchorhold
Final lineups for this weekend will be posted tomorrow morning before 11:00 am. I didn't look in time yesterday to see if our lineup was challenged.

For doubles direct-line substitutes and re-ordering before play starts "the on-site games committee will have final ruling on all on-site protests", so none of that TCU-Kansas overturn fiasco that happened a few weeks ago. .
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchor - what happens if we have an injury during doubles and the athlete cannot continue? Assuming the doubles line forfeits but does the entire lineup shift up and then our 7 hits the 6 spot? So much has changed since my day.
bigfoot10s
AG
Yes. Same rules as HS tennis. If the 4 gets injured and has to drop, 5 to 4, 6 to 5, next player up at 6
Anchorhold
Yeah, what foot said.

Quote:

In team competition, if a player is injured during the pro-set doubles and that player is in the
singles lineup, substitutions may be made for singles play but the lineup must remain consistent
with ITA rules and follow the order of strength submitted on the lineup.
Anchorhold
Lexington won her first match in the Boca Raton W35 but lost her second. She plays in the doubles quarter-final today.
DevinHester_GoBears1
NCAA Individual Selections:

Singles
Mary (#1 Seed)
Nicole
Mia

Doubles
Mary/Mia
Aggie Tennis
AG
Does anyone know if Carson back on the court practicing?
Anchorhold
Coach said she was and expected 100% this weekend. She did get an MRI and X-rays to be sure.

https://texags.com/s/59098/press-conference-both-am-tennis-teams-hosting-ncaa-regionals-this-weekend/10
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

Coach said she was and expected 100% this weekend. She did get an MRI and X-rays to be sure.

https://texags.com/s/59098/press-conference-both-am-tennis-teams-hosting-ncaa-regionals-this-weekend/10

I missed that - great news. Thank you!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.