So, whos doing it?

107,868 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by reineraggie09
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dr. Mephisto
AG
I think this stuff is much better when there's no heads up.

If too many people get wind of this, it turns into a staged and orchestrated event, which of course it is, but when it's popped as a surprise, there's more of a spontaneous reaction, from media and fans.

DO NOT HEADS UP ANYONE.

If there's fan reaction, and laughs and such, the camera guys will pick it up eventually.

If they get wind, think the impression is meant to hurt, they will disregard.

Don't give any tv exec the ability to analyze this beforehand.

Just college kids . . . and graduates who "never grew up" (Texags) . . . being college kids.

Too much awareness means too many cooks.

We don't want this soup spoiled!

Make it happen . . . but keep it IN HOUSE!

Mrs.TServo
First this is a hilarious idea.

Second, having had a bit of experience with this, once turning a few of my male friends into a naughty ballerina troupe as just one example, I have a couple of suggestions.

If you don't already have a bra lined up, try to get/borrow a "sleep bra", which is stretchier and more flexible, would give you more bounce, plus will be more comfortable for the doofus (a term I use lovingly) who pulls this off. They are cheaper, too, if you end up buying one. Either that, or borrow/buy a larger sports bra, which will give you a little flexibility.

A nerf football cut in half will do, but might give a pointy, 1950-ish look. I outfitted my guys with the smallish/medium-sized rubber balls from Wal-Mart, the cheap kind in those big wire bins in the toy dept. I'll bet the dollar stores have them, too. The round ones, properly placed inside the sleep bra, give a more natural, yet "spectacular" look, with some provocative bounce. In the girl's photo, she seemed to have that rounded look. Of course, if the other items are already lined up, they'll do just fine.

I wish we could be at the game to see it first hand, but will be sure not to use timeouts as an excuse to run to the fridge. My husband and I will be watching for you!

One question: How distracting will this be to our Aggies?

[This message has been edited by Mrs.TServo (edited 2/12/2010 8:39p).]
JasonD2005
AG
There's no way ESPN makes any kind of "production" out of this. Don't go that route. It'll get shut-down.

We just gotta play it cool. Remember this is all about the intertron! One second on TV and this will blow up like the redhead's giant hoots!
thann07
AG
Wearing t.u. is gross.

No matter what the reason.

Funny idea though
Jcoats67
AG
Sounds like the consensus is to keep it in house. I will hold off on contacting the production assistant. Just wanted to offer my services if needed. Again, I think this is going to be really great. Can't wait to see it unfold!
bobinator
AG
this has to be awesome
Conklusion
This will be a huge disappointment if this does not go down

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." ~ Vince Lombardi ~
BernieLomax
Hi Guys...Kansas fan here. This would be freakin hilarious if you can pull it off.
COL Potter
AG
^^

Welcome, Jayhawk! You just confirmed my thought that getting our dude-ette into position among the KU fans may not be a problem at all. If I was a KU fan, I would think it to be some very funny stuff and would be more than happy to help out.
scottk1966
AG
this is all wrong on sooo many levels.
VandyHawks
Another Jayhawk fan here to echo Bernie's comments. Godspeed.
Aggie09!
AG
If the main problem is getting a KU ticket behind the bench, why not try the source? In other words, KU basketball board?
BQ MOM
Staff
S
LMAO...y'all HAVE to pull this off!
AB2
AG
Once again, this is freaking outstanding!
discobrob
FTAG 2000
AG
Keep ESPN production out of it. Can't see them doing any sort of graphic or story about it.

If anything, I would think it would keep you off air for sure...
Charlie Moran
AG
I really doubt you will be able to get a ticket as they are controlled by KU (as are all seats close to the bench on road games controlled by the visitors). Those seats go to high $$$$ donors or family members and friends.

I would expect Chase Buford's family (he's from San Antonio) and maybe the Henry's out of Oklahoma City to fill that area up. Chase must have had some family at tu so they would be aware of the clueless teasip girl. Introduce yourself to them and explain that you are mocking her and tu in general and I bet they would either make room or let you loiter there during timeouts.
leoj
AG
so which poster is actually going to be the tu girl??
Pound the Rock
AG
tylerc2009 sounded like the winning candidate
WH08PsyJayci
can he confirm this? what's the update as far as the outfit being acquired.

he's gotta keep a straight face throughout this whole thing too, act like nothing's going on. that would be the most difficult part for me.

so excited so excited so scared! i get to sit behind the Ags bench for this game
Frisco - Ag
BBYD09
AG
the goal is to just stand there expressionless... this will be awesome
agswin2001
AG
http://media.80stees.com/images/products/How_I_Met_Your_Mother_Its_Going_To_Be_Legen-Wait_For_it_Dary-T-link.jpg
agswin2001
AG
My bad on the previous post... tried to upload an image and failed miserably. Very proud of all you - and almost forgot about today's game with all the talk of Monday's game! Beat the hell outta tech!
neomoon
AG
Man law!! Make this happen, I will donate a $50 AMEX gift card to purchase said seats behind the KU bench. Someone PM me if tickets are found & funds need to be raised.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Concept Art:
Capitol Ag
AG
This idea is greatness!
Eggs
AG
Whoever does this will have the added bonus of appearing in all "t.u. hotties" threads forever.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
okay, I'll move it to the Kansas game
AggieUSMC
AG
quote:
this is all wrong on sooo many levels.

Which is why it would be so freakin' hilarious!!!!!
aggie_2001_2005
So where are we at with this? Updates, anyone?
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Ok. Sorry. I've been away from my computer all day. I haven't started acquiring anything yet as I didn't wanna get anything before plans/outfit were finalized.

Y'all get the outfit finalized and I will head out tomorrow and get everything I need.

Also, I don't have a ticket. My roommate is going to pull them tomorrow supposedly. Seems kinda late though. If I don't get one, am I still gonna be able to get in?
aggie_2001_2005
Dude, find a scalper or something. You must make this happen at all costs. TexAgs A&M basketball board can reimburse you.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Very true. I'll make this happen at all costs. Haha.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.