Some facts and myths about the FBCG situation

41,337 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by citagg83
uneedastraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another thing that doesn't add up in this little scenario.

If BB wanted BCG out and knew BCG was going to leave, why did they work up a contract worth $1.75million a year. The AD made it appear that he was trying to bend over backwards to keep him a week ago.

I guess it could have been just a cover to keep the alumni/fanbase from crucifying the AD for not attempting to try to keep him here.
Football&Finance
AG
BB starting a coaching search in Jan/Feb and bending over backwards to keep gillispie are not mutually exclusive events.

any smart businessman never puts his eggs in one basket and has multiple strats going at the same time.

: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

the12thManchild.com
4stringAg
AG
uneedastraw, because he probably knew it wasn't about the money with BCG and that our money wouldn't keep him here. He looks good for putting the offer on the table nevertheless.

[This message has been edited by MemAg92 (edited 4/7/2007 12:43a).]
bogustrumper
AG
I feel a little bit better because in the end A&M will come out ahead. Byrne will do us right.

bFg is a POS
Pk72
I love the idea...as for the cell phone records; I have worked for several companies that gave me a cell phone and the bill came to them...therefore the records are a part of the bill. not that difficult. let's focus on getting to the part that matters Floyd...great catch and I actually think we can do it!
p-wonk01
AG
Ball Gravy = Bill?...hmmmm
TMoney2007
AG
Gillispie has commitment issues.

I think he'll be at ku for 5 years max, and that is a stretch.
paul90
If any of this is true then FBG is an absolute scumbag beyond belief.

I want to see written articles and some proof though.
Aggie99
AG
You people do know that you cant take anything you read here as "Fact" unless it is somehow substantiated first, right??

Or is every Internet Rumor that is Anti-BCG simply going to be taken as Gospel from now on??
Ball Gravy
the last thing I'm goign to do is come on here to start rumors. I heard some info from some reliable people a while back and now that the story has broke, I am sharing it.

frankly, i could care less if you believe me, but I know this to be the truth now.
mallen
AG
quote:
Or is every Internet Rumor that is Anti-BCG simply going to be taken as Gospel from now on??
I am always skeptical but it seems hard to fabricate this one.
mallen
AG
For anyone with experience in corporate america, this situation seems plausible. However, I would always like to see more substantive confirmation.
Aggie99
AG
quote:
the last thing I'm goign to do is come on here to start rumors.

I heard some info from some reliable people a while back and now that the story has broke, I am sharing it.

I heard "SOME INFO" from "SOME" reliable people a while back......

Well, my sister's boyfriend's, cousin....nevermind.

(This goes back to the whole ....its not a fact...thing.)

quote:
frankly, i could care less if you believe me, but I know this to be the truth now.

If you dont care...then why did you bother posting it??

Either way, the timing of all this is just too perfect. A week ago, everyone thought BCG walked on water...now that he is gone, there are people saying ... "See...I knew this all along, and its good to now see that I can come forward with it."

Ball,

I am not picking on you here, so please dont take this personally....as this has more to do with everyone taking random "posts" as FACT, than it does anything else. (I could apply this to a number of threads, so sorry to single out yours).
mallen
AG
There are news articles posted by the San Antonio Express last week that would corroborate some of this info.
TMoney2007
AG
Meh, things like this DON'T come out in the media. We are never going to get a book from BB about "what really happened with BCG"

People do talk though, and people do hear. Word spreads and there are numerous people on this website that are one degree of separation away from this whole thing. The president of the university posted on this website for god's sake.

The stuff he has said makes sense, and it is the best we've got as far as what happened behind closed doors.

The reason that no one came out with stuff like this before yesterday is because people would've been crucified for saying such things.
mallen
AG
Specifically, Brent Zwenerman reported that Byrne and some people in the Athletic Dept have been frustrated with Gillispie. If you watch the Kentucky press conference and pep rally, you will discover that Gillispie is not very genuine.
mallen
AG
nm

[This message has been edited by mallen (edited 4/7/2007 2:44a).]
Aggie99
AG
quote:
The stuff he has said makes sense, and it is the best we've got as far as what happened behind closed doors.

Best we have got?? Yes, maybe.

Ok to pass on a rumor, or story, etc, and talk about it online...sure.

Is it ok to take it as fact? NO...bc it is only speculation at best.

quote:
The reason that no one came out with stuff like this before yesterday is because people would've been crucified for saying such things

True....but since its "bash BCG" time, then its totally acceptable.

What a "lynch mob" mentality.

What if I came forward with info that everything you thought you knew about this situation was totally backward and wrong? If I posted it on TexAgs, and after reading it, it seemed remotely possible to be true, do you think anyone would believe me?? NO....Because it is not time for good news on BCG...only Negative News is being Accepted right now.

Anyway, sorry to go off on a big rant like that....I guess its more frustration that anything.

Everyone is just running wild with all kinds of crap, and so much of it is coming out of nowhere (and no one is willing to post any facts or supporting evidence).

I mean, if your stories are true, and really 100% factual, then "report" them as any "reporter" would do.

OR.....get ahold of someone who is able to report the real stuff, give them the sources, and let them follow the leads.

However, if your "leads" are simply someone who passed the rumour on to you......well....that is not worth anything.
TMoney2007
AG
Go ahead, make up a silver lining story.

How would you reconcile the *fact* that he talked about how his team was a family and blah blah blah, and he loved it here, approved of the contract... and then took off?
BBRex
AG
quote:
OR.....get ahold of someone who is able to report the real stuff, give them the sources, and let them follow the leads.

Of course, as has been noted before, a lot of reporters cruise this site for info. By posting something on here, they can effectively give info to reporters without actually talking to the media. I think some of these rumors seem to be plausible, but I hope that someone in the media picks up on this and gets more confirmation. This type of info can help a reporter know what to ask.
mallen
AG
quote:
and then took off?
In the middle of the night, no less. The whole process just seems very sleazy. Gillispie slept in the home of the UK athletic director last night. Wow.
LestatBQ02
quote:
What if I came forward with info that everything you thought you knew about this situation was totally backward and wrong? If I posted it on TexAgs, and after reading it, it seemed remotely possible to be true, do you think anyone would believe me?? NO....Because it is not time for good news on BCG...only Negative News is being Accepted right now.

I would love for you to spin not telling all your players you were...

Not only that, but the players you did decide were worthy of telling, you texted them...

Tell me how thats positive...

Not only that, instead of just bashing somebody, prove him wrong!

Can you? Or are you just trying to be Mr. Bada$$
Shredcheddar
quote:
In the middle of the night, no less. The whole process just seems very sleazy. Gillispie slept in the home of the UK athletic director last night. Wow.

Where did you get this? Perhaps it was in the thread and I missed it... but if that's true, then wow, f*** that.
uneedastraw
It was basically talked about in the press conference today.
Aggie99
AG
Lestat,

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

No, I can not tell you that any of what I said in that post is true or factual....as it was a hypothetical situation. It was a "what if?"

If I am not mistaken, I even started the part you quoted with "WHAT IF..."

What am I missing here...?
mallen
AG
Gillispie and UK Athletic Director Mitch Barnhart "negotiated" last night at Barnhart's home in Kentucky. This is where Gillispie spent the night. Both Gillispie and Barnhart verbalized this fact in the press conference this morning. Here's the url for the press conference video: http://www.lex18.com
Keegan99
AG
quote:
Is it ok to take it as fact? NO...bc it is only speculation at best.

It's not "speculation at best" when people who are in a position to know tell you things.

Keep spinnin'...
Shredcheddar
So someone said they thought BCG would have taken the Texas job had Barnes gone to UK. I don't think I could really see this happening.
uneedastraw
all I can say is I am sure glad it didn't come to that point. Because as of now, I think the chances that he would have went to texas were good. You want to talk about meltdowns. Wow....I would imagine that BCG would have had to hire him several bodyguards.
mallen
AG
I don't think tu would have offered Gillispie... but I do think Gillispie would have jumped ship to tu. This based on reports that Byrne and Gillispie's relationship had soured during the past two weeks.
Shredcheddar
That would be unbeleviable. If it weren't for the insult of him leaving for a rival, I'd love the chance to get to beat his ass in Reed once a year.

But what I'm saying is, just because his relationship with Byrne soured doesn't mean enough for him to leave to just anywhere. Exactly what does Texas offer that A&M does not at this point?

An even better question is, if Smith stayed at UK, does Gillispie bolt for Arkansas, or even K-State?

But wow. FBG has been villified in my mind in a short 12 hours. It's kind of intoxicating.
trmas
Actually I was banned twice over the past few months for relaying the information I was given that corroborates this story. I told you guys he was gone back in January, but the mods simply temp banned me for my efforts.

The Collective
AG
Being in business - how would any of you handle looking for a new job differently? Would you tell your staff and boss - hey I'm going to look for something new, just an fyi.

I don't understand what many of you expected from BCG... we were a pos of a program before he got here - keep that in mind.

[This message has been edited by CJS4715 (edited 4/7/2007 5:53a).]
Skull Session
Yeah the arkies over on hogville were summarily dismissed with their info that the BCG hire was a done deal. Everyone over here scoffed at their info but as it turns out there was some validity to their rumors. I do believe that BCG would have gone to arkansas had UK job not come open. Folks he wasn't going to be back at A&M next year regardless. That is evident from all the info that has been brought to the table in the last few days.

I am completely over the BCG situation and looking forward to the future of aggie basketball!
SigChiDad
AG
The thing that hurts to the bone is that Billy spent three years in Aggieland and apparently didn't think there was anything special enough about the school to make it worthy for him to stay. Emory Bellard was bawling when he "resigned", said he always thought A&M would be his last job. Jackie Sherril immediately embraced everything Aggie. He worked on bonfire, started the 12th Man kick-off team, always said howdy, and was run off because he was trying too hard.

Finally, we get a great basketball coach that we love dearly, and imagine that he must love us. If he did get it about Texas A&M, he didn't think it was a big deal. Certainly not big enough. And according to Rachel Cohen of the DMN, the Texas native thing didn't mean **** to him either.

The guy is a mercenary in the most pure sense.He loved TAMU the way some guys love grode DVD'S. After his happy ending, he's no longer interested in the DVD, and has to get a new one to have another happy ending.

[This message has been edited by me1og (edited 4/7/2007 7:02a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.