Some facts and myths about the FBCG situation

41,347 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by citagg83
ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All of this sounds plausible, and if true, sheds light on many things that have troubled me for over a year. For example...

A year ago, both Indiana and North Carolina State come knocking...yet BCG never made a public statement. Why? This idea that you don't comment on rumors is just so bogus. How many coaches go out and make public statements that they have no interest in such-a-such university and they're happy where they're at? Many do, yet BCG never said a word.

The blue tie in Lexington. Coincidence? I wonder if it was BCG's way of telling BB he was gone.

The statement that quoted BCG...saying he was embarrassed by the amount of money he was making for doing a job he loved...I now have to believe there was more to that than we first thought. Could it have been BB's way of taking a shot at BCG?

I still don't understand why a delay in a building could have started this whole thing.
agent-maroon
AG
FBCG wearing the infamous blue tie in Lexington was analagous to a hooker wearing a see thru blouse. Yeah, it was an indirect shot at BB and all things Aggie, but I personally don't think it was anything more than a message to the UK AD - "I'm available"...

[This message has been edited by agent-maroon (edited 4/7/2007 11:15a).]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Herbie Hancock
AG
This thread has been quite the interesting read and actually makes me very excited for the future.
bogustrumper
AG
The guy is truly f'cked up. In a sense he created reasons to leave a place where he was the bball program.

He was ready to leave after the SECOND season.
CDiem05
AG
I agree with the a post a couple up from here- this does make me excited about our future! Were in a position to get a great coach who can come in here with a ready made team, a great recruiting class, and make things happen!
amercer
AG
ttt
for the only interesting thread on here today.
aggiebrad94
AG
This did not start with the building being delayed. This started just a couple of weeks on the job when coach blew up at a secretary for messing up his travel plans on a recruiting trip. His ego / temper came out very early during his tenure. You would have probably heard much more about it had he not won the first 15 games he coached here.
yojeerdy101
great thread
mallen
AG
quote:
This started just a couple of weeks on the job when coach blew up at a secretary for messing up his travel plans on a recruiting trip.
Interesting post that might have some merit. Again, hypocrisy is what I have seen in Gillispie the past two weeks. He's more than willing to call out his players, staff, and others for their lack of performance and committment. Making a dozen phone calls to players was the easy and right thing to do once Gillispie had committed to Kentucky. Among other things, Gillispie should be called out for not communicating effectively with his players and then proclaiming at a Kentucky press conference that "you guys are THE most important people in my life." (referring to Kentucky, not A&M basketball players)
mallen
AG
Bury your head in the sand if you wish, but Gillispie is showing the telltale signs of a man who is using others' loyalty for personal gain!!
cone
AG
I'll go ahead and say that TK03 isn't really in position to dismiss Ball Gravy.
GoneGirl
AG
Ball Gravy - I'll back you up in that my source at the 12th Man Foundation was very "down" on Gillispie as far back as the weekend that the team came back from Ky.

I was raving about meeting Gillispie at Reed the night before and how impressed I was that he met with all the fans there and posed for pictures and handshakes.

Didn't know why this particular person was not thrilled with BG at the time and I haven't had the opportunity to talk to him since this has all come out. But he made a lot of comments about his ego and how "high maintenance" the coach is. Surprised me cause this guy is usually pretty positive about Aggie Sports. You'd all know his name too. I wonder if my source and yours are the same...
sharpdressedman
The truth is coming out, and BCG is being exposed as a disingenuous POS.
SECTAMU#1
Has Byrne hired Tim Floyd, yet?
Aston04
AG
quote:
They take your word for it until you have to turn in that said mileage report for an audit.

I don't period. Sorry. I do give them a mapquest of where I went, but nobody tracking my vehicle..lol.

Perhaps the better question is why he would use said cell phone to talk to a future employer if he knew BB would have access to said record, when it is so easy to just use a home phone, get another cell, etc..
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
Perhaps the better question is why he would use said cell phone to talk to a future employer if he knew BB would have access to said record, when it is so easy to just use a home phone, get another cell, etc..

Kind of like leaving your resume on the copier?
cone
AG
Given the trouble Sampson got into at OU, keeping tabs on cell records (personal or university-issued) doesn't seem outrageous.
BRP
quote:

Arrogance and/or Apathy.
DallasAg 94
quote:
Kind of like leaving your resume on the copier?

More like sending your resume to the Network printer, and forgetting about it.
Quick Slant
Any Tim Floyd or Jamie Dixon updates from your big $$ sources?? Stay tuned...
Turkey 87
yippee2
AG
what does the F in FBCG stand for?
CDiem05
AG
Need to keep this on the top...
CDiem05
AG
Friggid
Bottlerocket
AG
Yippee: it's a bad word that starts with F and you cannot say it on network television or terrestrial radio (nor texags).

GoneGirl
AG
And rhymes with duck!
rab79
AG
There's an F in TKC?

[This message has been edited by rab79 (edited 4/7/2007 3:51p).]
Worm01
AG
What the F does TKC stand for?
aggiebrad94
AG
TKC = The Kentucky Coach
GoneGirl
AG
Lark
AG
If we are going to offer 1.5 to 1.75 million for the right coach, that is double what most of them are making including Floyd.

That kind of money, with good talent on campus and more coming will get us some serious conversation and likely a quality coach.
rab79
AG
The Kentucky Coach kind of like "our friends at the state capital"

[This message has been edited by rab79 (edited 4/7/2007 4:47p).]
DeangeloVickers
AG
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ball+gravy

ricro
If you check my posts during the Arkansas saga, it meshes with what Gravy is saying. BCG's "antics" had worn out the patience of many in the athletice department.
XL2Win
As I said earlier, my direct contact with BCG was limited but he came across as extraordinarily arrogant and self-centered. It was readily apparent that it was ALL about him.

These "urban legends" coming out, IF true, would only validate my initial impression.

BUT ... the guy can coach. The question is whether he can coach under pressure. He's NEVER had pressure from the kind of high expectations that KY will place on him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.