Is UFO Secrecy Crumbling?

303,519 Views | 2244 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Leonard H. Stringfield
Shakes the Clown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is the first I've heard of this:

Sounds like some deep myth Urban Legend

Missing 411 related
Corsa140
This article appears on the Fox news site this am:

https://www.foxnews.com/science/pentagons-ufo-announcement-is-exciting-raises-controversies-expert-says

Interesting times to live in..
G Martin 87
AG
Where's the next NYT article?
Corsa140
Seems to be a controlled release of info..like every 3-4 wks.

Here is an excerpt from todays FOX News article:

In July, the Times reported that a small group of government officials, including Reid, and scientists believe objects of "undetermined origin" have crashed to Earth and been retrieved. The publication cited Eric W. Davis, an astrophysicist who worked as a subcontractor and a consultant for the Pentagon UFO program. Davis, who now works for defense contractor Aerospace Corporation, said he gave briefings on the recovery of unexplained objects to staff members of the Senate Armed Services Committee and the Senate Intelligence Committee, on Oct. 21 and Oct. 23, 2019, respectively.

I wonder if this is referring to past events like Roswell, Aztec, NM etc?
Corsa140

The past three years have given the public much in the way of new authenticated information on the subject of UFOs. Recently, the Pentagon announced the formation of a UFO Task Force. All this is important confirmation of a phenomenon that many people knew was real, but which never received confirmation. But how far can all this go?-RD

Decay
AG
It'd be nice if someone took video of a UFO that actually showed advanced technology, impressive maneuvering, or, you know, aliens. That's the kind of disclosure that would mean anything to me.
Corsa140
Decay said:

It'd be nice if someone took video of a UFO that actually showed advanced technology, impressive maneuvering, or, you know, aliens. That's the kind of disclosure that would mean anything to me.
What changes would happen personally if that were to happen? Do you think there is a chance of an on going cover up of its reality?
Athanasius
AG
Decay said:

TickTack vid.
Decay
AG
Corsa140 said:

Decay said:

What changes would happen personally if that were to happen? Do you think there is a chance of an on going cover up of its reality?

I wouldn't lose my mind or anything but it would be an incredible piece of science. The biggest thing is that we have all of these rumors and nothing actionable. If disclosure happened for real we'd be able to move forward on research and study.
Redstone
AG
Disclosure has been happening for decades in many forms - such as the Navy allowing decorated veterans to detail objects totally defying the known laws of physics, and objects slamming into the ocean with intent.

TRADUCTOR
I got a floater and sometimes I think it's a UFO.
ProgN
Decay said:

Corsa140 said:

Decay said:

I wouldn't lose my mind or anything but it would be an incredible piece of science. The biggest thing is that we have all of these rumors and nothing actionable. If disclosure happened for real we'd be able to move forward on research and study.
The world is full of really stupid people that believe Tik Tok videos are enlightening, eat Tide pods, and believe that a bandana will protect you from a virus and you want full disclosure?

There'd be a complete meltdown and chaos from the ignorant masses.
Krautag81
Seriously, I don't know when exactly that UFO landed and dumped all these stupid people, but apparently they aren't coming back for them.
Decay
AG
One way to look at it. I don't think science-changing decisions should take that into account.

And Occam's razor just does what it always does here. Our government is also full of stupid people since we voted them in there. The top levels of politicians are asking about it and the only smoking gun I've ever seen is creepy-ass John Podesta asking about fastwalkers in the WikiLeaks dump. Therefore sounds like they aren't real.

There's just nothing that I've ever seen that convinces me aliens are here. And I've been obsessed with UFOs since I was 9. Like, read every UFO book in my library obsessed. I love the topic and hence I'll stay on this thread forever. But I want more.
ProgN
I'm right there with you. I find it all fascinating. I watched a interesting program on AHC a couple weeks back about a supposed UFO that crashed in Germany and the nazis recovered it and then they made several tech advances in weaponry after that.

Don't know if true, but the show kept my attention because I'm a history nerd and I like UFOs.
Decay
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'm right there with you. I find it all fascinating. I watched a interesting program on AHC a couple weeks back about a supposed UFO that crashed in Germany and the nazis recovered it and then they made several tech advances in weaponry after that.

Don't know if true, but the show kept my attention because I'm a history nerd and I like UFOs.
Yep. That'd be awesome. I'm an engineer. Hell just for my job - Wireless and Optical Transport would both be completely revolutionized by examining a ship from a civilization only 100 years ahead of us. And these would be thousands if not millions of years more advanced. It'd change everything for everyone.

See, we can be optimistic! Rare these days.
ProgN
Agreed
The Fife
Put me squarely in the 'I want to believe' camp. I'd absolutely love for something friendly to be out there or to have visited/visiting but want evidence. An actual life form for example, high definition video or photographic evidence, demonstration of functional technology that's clearly beyond what we have in use or development. Something absolutely conclusive that isn't from anyone here.

IMO the silence is deafening. Supposedly humanity has left a big enough mark on this world to be obvious to someone examining the fossil record. I'd like to think that past settlers would have done that as well here, on the moon, or somewhere on Mars. The later of the two would be a whole lot more visible than here thousands to millions of years later. Instead, nothing is detectable.

The things people have reported to me feel like the equivalent of some great civilization playing tourist or scouting around in ways that don't make sense given how advanced they would have to be in order to simply make it to our planet. I don't think they would even show up in something that I assume people claim is piloted by something living, unless they claim that we're already past that stage of their curiosity.

Anyway, just late morning rambling while waiting for a meeting to start.
ProgN
If you're ever bored you should checkout our stock trading thread on B&I. It's like an Aggie game thread everyday of work week.
PneumAg
Decay said:

Prognightmare said:

Yep. That'd be awesome. I'm an engineer. Hell just for my job - Wireless and Optical Transport would both be completely revolutionized by examining a ship from a civilization only 100 years ahead of us. And these would be thousands if not millions of years more advanced. It'd change everything for everyone.

See, we can be optimistic! Rare these days.

I think an alien craft thousands or millions of years ahead of us would be so advanced we wouldn't even know what to do with it. Imagine going back in time and dropping off a stealth jet in 4000 B.C. I don't think it would have helped with technological advancement in those days even if the smartest people in the world at the time had examined it.

Obviously we are much more knowledgeable about physics and propulsion in general than we were 6000 years ago, but at the end of the day, we're still only knowledgeable about what we know. If you believe Bob Lazar (which I don't completely, but if you do) his conclusion about the gravity propulsion system he claims to have worked on was that humans will never be able to reverse engineer it. We know what it does, and we can make the ones we (allegedly) recovered work in the recovered crafts, but we can't duplicate them or figure out the mechanics of how they work, and even if we could, the fuel for the propulsion system (element 115) does not exist in a stable condition on this planet or anywhere in our solar system that we know of.
Corsa140
Decay said:

Corsa140 said:

Decay said:

How do we discount all the former military/defense contractor's testimonies? What would be their motivation to lie? With the US having a CIA director (Dulles), claiming that "maximum security existed concerning UFO's", would that lend any credence towards a possible cover up?

What level evidence is required for proof that our planet is not flat?

Did you watch the latest Dolan video?
Decay
AG
Corsa140 said:

Decay said:

Corsa140 said:

Decay said:

How do we discount all the former military/defense contractor's testimonies? What would be their motivation to lie? With the US having a CIA director (Dulles), claiming that "maximum security existed concerning UFO's", would that lend any credence towards a possible cover up?

For one, it's super easy to discount testimony. I've heard all sort of people say all sorts of things. The whole ufology thing really encourages it, which is part of the deal. You'd rather hear 99 false claims in the chance that 1 is real. But again, testimony is evidence, not proof. We have tons of evidence but I haven't seen any proof.

As to motivations, it's easy. We all want this to be real. As for coverup, I flatly believe the government would coverup UFO research regardless of its validity. All it takes is one person saying "we could use it as a weapon" and the Cold War backdrop and you've got a huge web of classified and secret and top secret material.

I haven't watched the video yet, big backlog. I plan to.

Also flat earth is a special deal because it's not the same kind of motivations. You have to work very hard to make earth flat. The claims are very easy to debunk, the math works out for a globe, etc etc. I can spin up hundreds of valid spherical earth videos and pictures that show clear evidence, The sun and moon are both round. I have looked at Saturn with my own eyes through a telescope and saw it round.

I've never knowingly seen a UFO, nor have I ever seen a video or picture that showed anything compelling. Neat videos or pictures of things that are hard to classify, yeah I've seen some. Clearly edited or wildly misleading ones? Seen thousands. Maybe tens of thousands. Never anything that feels like proof to me. I don't want to be motivated to believe something. I want to be proven.
Corsa140
Decay said:

Corsa140 said:

Decay said:

Corsa140 said:

Decay said:

For one, it's super easy to discount testimony. I've heard all sort of people say all sorts of things. The whole ufology thing really encourages it, which is part of the deal. You'd rather hear 99 false claims in the chance that 1 is real. But again, testimony is evidence, not proof. We have tons of evidence but I haven't seen any proof.

As to motivations, it's easy. We all want this to be real. As for coverup, I flatly believe the government would coverup UFO research regardless of its validity. All it takes is one person saying "we could use it as a weapon" and the Cold War backdrop and you've got a huge web of classified and secret and top secret material.

Also flat earth is a special deal because it's not the same kind of motivations. You have to work very hard to make earth flat. The claims are very easy to debunk, the math works out for a globe, etc etc. I can spin up hundreds of valid spherical earth videos and pictures that show clear evidence, The sun and moon are both round. I have looked at Saturn with my own eyes through a telescope and saw it round.

I've never knowingly seen a UFO, nor have I ever seen a video or picture that showed anything compelling. Neat videos or pictures of things that are hard to classify, yeah I've seen some. Clearly edited or wildly misleading ones? Seen thousands. Maybe tens of thousands. Never anything that feels like proof to me. I don't want to be motivated to believe something. I want to be proven.
I'm always curious as to the level of proof required when it comes to this subject.

The video is very good.
Decay
AG
Corsa140 said:

Decay said:

Corsa140 said:

Decay said:

Corsa140 said:

Decay said:

I'm always curious as to the level of proof required when it comes to this subject.

The video is very good.
Fair question. I think the willingness to believe is a huge factor. I used to be right there but I guess I got old.
Decay
AG
See the Lazar thing I can't get behind. His claims don't pass muster for me.

Like if we gave Leonardo da Vinci a B-2, he isn't going to fly that thing around.

But he'll learn a lot just by crawling through it. They'd see how the hydraulics work. That there's wings on a plane. He'll get insight from the metals and the plastics. The way the pieces are welded and the hatches seal and the control surfaces. The fans in the engines and the batteries. Heck even the rubber on the wheels would be notable since vulcanization wasn't a thing yet.

Meanwhile Lazar is talking about how we could never understand the gas or the motors. Okay, fine. But the chairs and bathrooms will tell us how they live in space. The windows or view screens tell us how they see and communicate. Do they eat or sleep? How do they handle water, air, radiation? There's so much more to a ship than "how does it go". And the claims never worry about that because they don't seem to discuss real objects.
Corsa140
Ah..Lazar. 5 yrs ago, when I first began the trip down the rabbit hole, I heard the stories. Story never wavered. Descriptions of small, child-sized seats in the craft he was allowed to actually get in to. Has caught a lot of grief bringing his story to light. Still never wavered. We assign a more intense level of believability to this subject for some reason. I know I do. As far as I've heard, Bob never met ET. He did give some amazing descriptions/events of his work out at Groom Lake. Only someone who had actually been on site would have known those later confirmed details. Something technology wise, perhaps millions of years in advance of anything we are familiar with, might be hard to describe I would think. Apparently, the craft had very little we could relate to. No gauges...toggles etc. Having said all that, I believe Lazar is the real deal. As good as gold. Many in the field of ET research are very much on board as well. ie -Those that know much more about the details than I.

I would expect more "Lazars" to come out with their stories due to the latest NYT article released.

Couple of former military (US Army) guys have equally fascinating accounts to research:

Col. Phillip Corso and Sgt. Clifford Stone

Just a couple of thoughts here:

There are numerous accounts/testimonies of encounters with the subject-Roswell etc., even death bed confessions.

I've yet to read or hear about a single account of a ruse, hoax or even a death bed confession relating to Roswell in particular or any other event concerning this subject. Not one. Salt of the earth type people. US gov came in a intimidated the shi_ out of those people. Someone felt it was EXTREMELY important to keep the reality/truth concealed.

Someone or faction within The Pentagon, has decided that at least some of the info can be released. Just how much/how far this current disclosure will go...time will tell.
TRADUCTOR
Just read that it is possible aliens made a rock vehicle and aliens are driving a rock around in our solar system. The 'O your mama' rock ship uses alien solar sails to accelerate and DOES NOT have Goodyear tires.

https://www.livescience.com/oumuamua-interstellar-hydrogen-or-aliens.html
Corsa140
law-apt-3g said:

Just read that it is possible aliens made a rock vehicle and aliens are driving a rock around in our solar system. The 'O your mama' rock ship uses alien solar sails to accelerate and DOES NOT have Goodyear tires.

Using a technique developed by Stanford Research Institute and used by military and our CIA:

Much more than just a rock-I've seen the complete presentation.

Shakes the Clown
Breaking News(earlier this week):

Tic Tac object jammed the fighter jet radar and weapons system.

Lt. Commander Brad Underwood was the pilot. Pilots name just revealed.

Source - Jermey Corbell

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/video-playlist/2020/08/16/
The Fife
Prognightmare said:

If you're ever bored you should checkout our stock trading thread on B&I. It's like an Aggie game thread everyday of work week.
I'm a lolpoor because of the divorce, but plan on getting back on track by taking on a side job and investing whatever I make somehow. Might be worthwhile to start poking around over that forum just a bit..
ProgN
The Fife said:

Prognightmare said:

I'm a lolpoor because of the divorce, but plan on getting back on track by taking on a side job and investing whatever I make somehow. Might be worthwhile to start poking around over that forum just a bit..
I'm going through a divorce now, so I can relate. However, the amount of market knowledge Freely shared on that thread is incredibly valuable, and I used to be a broker. We don't allow politics because in there we're all green, money. If you want to rapidly rebuild after your divorce, start following that thread to get a feel for it.
TRADUCTOR
Corsa140 said:

law-apt-3g said:

Using a technique developed by Stanford Research Institute and used by military and our CIA:

Much more than just a rock-I've seen the complete presentation.

I am on the fence especially since Miss Cleo doesn't answer any more...

The Fife
Call me now for your free readin!!!
Spyderman
AG
Humor is a good thing perhaps, but are we afraid of things we don't understand perhaps? This is something far beyond Ms Cleo guys. I'd love to know the nuts and bolts of this as well but..

I just know there is no doubt something to it. Our military and CIA believe this as well.

Farsight also did a viewing on the origin of the Covid 19 virus outbreak...
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Burdizzo
AG
Friendly and light-hearted cartoon. No offense meant.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.