***** Formula 1 - 2024 Season *****

55,979 Views | 761 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by SydB92
Gladiator 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's to a more exciting 2024 season where hopefully we don't have to hear the Dutch National Anthem every week again.

Brad 98
AG
It's going to be a fun season in 2024!!
SydB92
AG
The Marksman
AG
Very excited for this season! Forza Ferrari!
nai06
AG
Saw this yesterday. Red bull reportedly failed a crash test although I'm not sure how big of a deal that is

https://firstsportz.com/f1-news-red-bull-rb-20-reportedly-failed-fia-crash-test/
Robert C. Christian
AG
Cheers to another season. Hopefully with a bit more interest at the front of the grid.
Cappo
AG
need to make this more interesting this season
Azariah
AG
What on earth is Sauber going to do for a team name when they go to Australia?
Faustus
Just wanted to post on the official thread.
jorgerr96

75% of contracts end this year. Could be an interesting silly season
tk for tu juan
Any chance for a bunch of one year deals to get thru the 2025 season, then have a silly season going into the new cars and partnerships for 2026?
Azariah
AG
Faustus said:

Just wanted to post on the official thread.
Matsui
AG
Official
jorgerr96
Ever since Barcelona I kept debating between Spa and Hungary, well within the last hour I applied and got approved the AustralianETA and just booked Austin to Melbourne (1 stop in LA/SF) to see F2 and FIA F3 (and F1 of course) in March

Just need to book Airbnb and buy a ticket now. P1 Travel has them available, and last year they had like 2-3 hours every day where they opened the support paddock for fans, so if they do that again that is worth the 15 hour flight from CA alone.

Never been over there so if anyone has any reccs please let me know.
jorgerr96

Rumors of Steiner gone. He isn't on the Haas website anymore
TwoTimeAg
AG
jorgerr96 said:

BBC is reporting he is gone.
nai06
AG
jorgerr96 said:

I will still wear this shirt with pride

(It is also no longer available on the Haas store)
Gladiator 96
AG
The Marksman
AG
Can't believe Guenther is gone, he was always my favorite team principal just from an entertainment standpoint
Gladiator 96
AG
Statement from Gene

La Fours
AG
The Marksman said:

Can't believe Guenther is gone, he was always my favorite team principal just from an entertainment standpoint

Same. DTS won't be nearly as fun without him.
kyledr04
AG
Sad to see it. They probably still won't be any good on track but will lose lots of fans and entertainment.
jorgerr96

Seems like Gene Haas is the problem. Reports say Steiner wanted more investment, Gene disagrees.

Honestly just sell the team to Andretti, Gene isn't serious about it. The team is not even American and it never was.

Hope they don't ruin the career of Bearman.
La Fours
AG
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8qRDy1Y/
La Fours
AG
Lack of investment in the team was my guess as well. And what is the point of Gene continuing to own the team if he's not going to put any more money into it and they obviously don't market themselves well enough to attract more sponsors and better ones.

By promoting from within, they obviously don't care to finish higher than P9 or P10 in the constructors championship.

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
I'm sorry if you all don't agree, but I don't believe Steiner is a good team principal. Yes, Haas doesn't want to invest, but Steiner's management style must be called into question when they couldn't even utilize the 2021 throwaway year properly. His need to publicly humiliate his drivers (which no other TP does publicly, not even Toto or Horner) is a big tell of his overall style and I think Haas will actually improve in his absence.
La Fours
AG
From what I have seen on social media since he was fired, I think you are correct in your assessment of him as a boss.

I enjoy him as a personality in F1 and DTS. He was entertaining to listen to when in front of a camera/microphone.
The Pilot
AG
Anybody but Max.
Azariah
AG
numetalbizkitaggie said:

I'm sorry if you all don't agree, but I don't believe Steiner is a good team principal. Yes, Haas doesn't want to invest, but Steiner's management style must be called into question when they couldn't even utilize the 2021 throwaway year properly. His need to publicly humiliate his drivers (which no other TP does publicly, not even Toto or Horner) is a big tell of his overall style and I think Haas will actually improve in his absence.
He absolutely used his throwaway year properly. Haas started 2022 with a quick car. It was the lack of resources put into making it quicker that pulled them to the back of the pack.
Azariah
AG
The Pilot said:

Anybody but Max.
I hate to disappoint you...

Stop watching the F1 race for the winner. There is a ton of competitive action up and down the field. The battle for second is going to be even wilder this year than last.

2022 was actually a much worse year for F1 results than 23. When only a single non-Ferrari/RB/Merc driver makes a podium, it's not good.
jorgerr96
Looks like next tuesday they will announce Madrid GP, which will replace Barcelona-Catalunya starting in 2026.
jorgerr96

Gladiator 96
AG
Matsui
AG
Nice!
nai06
AG
I like the hint of blue personally

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.