***** Formula 1 - 2024 Season *****

66,716 Views | 899 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by jorgerr96
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I 100%, honestly, feel like she was brought in by SkyF1 because she's an attractive American woman who knows racing.
NewOldAg
AG
In her defense, her post race interviews are really good, as is some of her live commentary. But, through episode 4, her contributions to DTS haven't really hit well.

Could be an issue with what she is saying or what Netflix kept in the final edits.
La Fours
AG
Yeah, I never had any issues with her on the live broadcast pre and post race. She got same hate on social media for that as well. It's strange.
La Fours
AG
I think you're probably right about trying to appeal to American women. As for Claire Williams, it does feel weird to have her back. Makes me wonder if any of the other female Sky F1 or F1TV presenters were even approached to take part or if they couldn't contractually, or maybe they wanted too much money. Idk. I'm only 4 episodes in.
ac04
i did not care for her on the broadcast. respect her accomplishments as a driver but i didn't ever feel like i was learning anything from her commentary.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
THE-RACE's thoughts on the pecking order

1-Red Bull
2-Ferrari
3-McLaren
4-Mercedes
5-Aston Martin
6-VCARB
7-Williams
8-Alpine
9-Sauber
10-Haas
Gladiator 96
AG
I know Lewis and Toto are professionals but I wonder if a "lame duck" factor might limit Mercedes results this year.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I had no idea until now that Toto is a billionaire from starting multiple racing and tech investment firms. I just thought he was a tough as nails team principal and former driver.
La Fours
AG
I knew he had an investment and finance background, but didn't know it was based around tech and racing. He's also the business manager for some of the drivers.
htxag09
AG
ac04 said:

i did not care for her on the broadcast. respect her accomplishments as a driver but i didn't ever feel like i was learning anything from her commentary.

Meh. It's a produced documentary not a live sports show. I feel like I don't learn anything from any of their commentary. They're just narrating the script the producers want.
La Fours
AG
Stumbled upon this tweet about the Mercedes car. Pretty interesting design and very creative. I wonder how quickly other teams will protest this while also trying to copy it.

La Fours
AG
mts6175
AG
La Fours said:

Good for him if true. Haas was supposed to give him shares previously.
Poot
Probably the weakest DTS to date… still was enjoyable.

It reminds me all over again how bad Sainz and Ferrari got hosed in Vegas. Ferrari would probably been P2 in The Constructors had the 10 spot penalty not hit them.I know rules are rules, but that's a tough one.
The Marksman
AG
It's race week y'all!

Forza Ferrari!
TDub
AG
Poot said:

Probably the weakest DTS to date… still was enjoyable.

It reminds me all over again how bad Sainz and Ferrari got hosed in Vegas. Ferrari would probably been P2 in The Constructors had the 10 spot penalty not hit them.I know rules are rules, but that's a tough one.

They missed so much. Oscar's spring win, COTA DSQs, Mercedes Qatar incident, Checo on the hot seat
Gladiator 96
AG
jorgerr96
Is there a Fantasy League code?
tk for tu juan
gabehcoud
Investigation into what?
SydB92
AG
Improper conduct with a female staffer. I don't think it has ever been revealed if it was sexual or abusive conduct. RedBull (not RBR) conducted the investigation with a legal firm. The board is supposed to decide Horner's fate Wednesday (maybe).
gabehcoud
Oh my. Thanks
La Fours
AG
Friendly reminder, the race is Saturday at 9am CST, not Sunday.
The Marksman
AG
La Fours said:

Friendly reminder, the race is Saturday at 9am CST, not Sunday.
I had no clue, thanks for letting us know
La Fours
AG
Yeah of course. I only figured it out because of a TikTok video I was watching and the woman pointed out that the race weekend dates were Thursday-Saturday for this race.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Hah, I set it to record and didn't even notice the date. Thank you
aggiejumper
AG
Yes because of Ramadan. Next year Melbourne should be first race due to same reason.
La Fours
AG
I figured a lot of us would be caught out by this. I guess I'll be watching the race from my daughter's dance competition or when we get home around 11pm.
jorgerr96
https://f1calendar.com/

This is the website I use to get the times for all sessions. Includes F2/F3/F1 Academy as well. It converts it to CST for you.
TDub
AG
SydB92
AG
And now we race......

Robert C. Christian
AG
Saudi Arabia will also be on Saturday.

This is a great site for getting dates and times of all the F1 racing events: https://f1calendar.com/
Gladiator 96
AG
P1 underway!

Mercedes putting up competitive times with Red Bull

Haas dead last with as much as a 2 second gap to 18th

Aston looking good so far
Gladiator 96
AG
P1 over
Hard to gauge results since only a few cars did soft runs
Haas and Alpine at the bottom
VCARB put in some great soft runs and Danny Ric took tops in the session
McLaren looking good
Aston looking good and Alonso in good form
La Fours
AG
I'm about 15 minutes or so in on P1, and lol at Max. He has the fastest lap so far and just said over the radio "Everything is ***** Miles off."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.