***** Formula 1 - 2024 Season *****

66,724 Views | 899 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by jorgerr96
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You seen the alcohol laws in SA? Dont blame Brundle for choosing to make this race one of his skips
The Marksman
AG
I don't want to brag or anything, but Scuderia Ferrari is the only team with 3 drivers in the top 10 of the Driver's Championship right now...
nai06
AG
F1 Academy Drama

Race 2 winner Doriane Pin was handed a 20 second penalty for crossing the finish line twice. I was watching this earlier and she continued on full speed after winning apparently unaware she had taken the checkered flag. When she crossed a second time they showed her red flags.

According to Pin, she was having a radio issue and didn't hear any comms from her team. Once she won, it looked like on the broadcast everyone took their headsets off and she just kept on going. The time penalty dropped her from 1st to 9th.

If y'all are wanting drama and good racing action you really need to be watching F1 Academy.
jorgerr96
I wonder why she didn't see the flag at first or didn't find it weird that Abbi was not behind her anymore.

Also penalty for Amna for her contact with Aurelia
CoachRTM
AG
McLaren jumps past Mercedes into 3rd.

I think Ferrari will pull away with 2nd, but McLaren / Mercedes could be a good battle
ac04
Twisted Helix said:

Alpine, man what a crap show.

currently 21st out of 20

WC87
AG
CoachRTM said:

McLaren jumps past Mercedes into 3rd.

I think Ferrari will pull away with 2nd, but McLaren / Mercedes could be a good battle

Mate they are quick in the high speed!
SydB92
AG
After Lando's first lap on softs when Hamilton was catching, it looked like Norris hit the Nitro button and disappeared around the corner.
jorgerr96
I will say F2 Feature Race was without a doubt the best race in Jeddah. Sucks that Ollie had to miss it but assuming the Prema is back in form he should be able to finally get points in Australia
Robert C. Christian
AG
jorgerr96 said:

I wonder why she didn't see the flag at first or didn't find it weird that Abbi was not behind her anymore.

Also penalty for Amna for her contact with Aurelia

If you see the quoted tweet the flag appears to be hidden behind the panel.

SydB92
AG
There has to be or maybe now will be a colored flag/electronic panel light/sign board that indicates race is over ( or last lap like nascar white flag). Maybe an automated system to cut the power on the cars after crossing the SC2 line.
jorgerr96
it took me several times and i still cant see it lol, someone posted a screenshot of what it appears to be the flag
ac04
Brad 98
AG
I think this changes the sport of F1. I can see Christian back in F1 in a few years time
La Fours
AG
Agreed. And I wouldn't be surprised if he's hired by another team for next year.
kyledr04
AG
Wow. Crazy stuff. Hard to imagine RB without him but this whole thing has been a disaster.
Brad 98
AG
How did RB clear Christian based on the whatsapp chats? Does the independent investigator know something we don't know or did he not see them? This has been interesting to follow
Bunk Moreland
Brad 98 said:

How did RB clear Christian based on the whatsapp chats? Does the independent investigator know something we don't know or did he not see them? This has been interesting to follow

There were only a couple texts in there that were over the line enough to warrant a thought or 2, especially when dealing with someone at his level of power in a sporting league. And as you speculated...it's likely the messages (total volume of them + content) that we didn't see which tells a larger story. RB is paying her not to come to work so I'm guessing there's more to the story.

Quite the dramatic start to the year for sure.
Jacobyoung456
It was so weird cause even in the briefing room you hear Abbi Pulling saying the same thing. She was telling Dorian she looks up at the box and the video boards they have to know when the last lap is for reference. Inexperience and yea she learned the hard way. Proud of Puling this weekend. Really been pulling for her since 2020 cause of the W Series and Alice Powel being her mentor and all.
jorgerr96

not a bad day 1. saw ollie, dino, martinius stenshorne, and gabriel bortoleto
SydB92
AG
So is he racing in F2 or F1 this weekend??? I haven't heard anything definitive about Sainz...
jorgerr96
F2
jorgerr96

the local hero of the weekend
Matsui
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
He's going to win a Grand Prix before Lando too.
jorgerr96

Probably one of my best days at a GP ever. Got to see most F2/F3 drivers including Kimi Antonelli who I've been following since F4. Finally got to meet Franco Colapinto as well who I never saw at Silverstone or Barcelona lol.

Fred Vesti is here as well and he started the convo once he saw my Prema shirt. Super nice guy, will definitely watch the ELMS season to support him.

When I asked Kacper Stuka, who won Italian F4 last year, for a quick photo with Tim Tramnitz he jokingly moved away and said "not with you wearing the Prema shirt" and that got a good laugh from me and Tim lol.

It's also crazy to me how nobody recognizes these drivers. I get that F2/F3 are not popular outside of Europe (and even then maybe not popular lol), but Kimi is better than Ollie in my book and the kid was walking through the crowd and nobody cared, also never realized how young he is until I saw him in real life, he is literally a child lol
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
A lot of spins so far in FP1
Bunk Moreland
numetalbizkitaggie said:

A lot of spins so far in FP1

I've got 3 tvs going but with aggie baseball and march madness there's no room for fp1.

Unless I go snag my tablet
Gladiator 96
AG
Wuuuut??

kyledr04
AG
Never seen that. It will be wild if Albon wrecks it too.
Gladiator 96
AG
Williams has no spare chassis so they can't rebuild his car. So Williams will race one car and Logan will have to sit.

Yikes for Logan!
Gladiator 96
AG
Definitely one of the stranger "team" decisions I have ever seen
jorgerr96
The F2 quali was great and lots of fans in the stands, like half the seats were taken. When Kimi got pole a lot of people cheered but then Hauger took it and everyone got disappointed lol. First time I see people actually engaged with an F2/F3 quali in person, usually they just clap for whoever takes it but this time Kimi was the clear favorite.

F3 practice saw an insanely shameful move by Tsolov. Unreal how that only got him a 3 place grid penalty
jorgerr96
also scored this lol

tailgatetimer10
AG
I didn't know a team could do this. Logan has to be pissed

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.