***** Formula 1 - 2024 Season *****

60,186 Views | 799 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by La Fours
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yep, like the blue and orange better
Gladiator 96
AG
I like the 2023 livery. However I can see McLaren taking a very serious tone with everything in 2024. They truly believe they can challenge P2 or better this year with Lando and Oscar.
The Marksman
AG
I like the new livery for 2024. Not really a fan of the shade of orange that McLaren has been rocking recently though. Bring back the classic red and white or silver.
aggie4231
AG
Although I hate orange in general.

I too prefer the papaya and blue, basically the old gulf oil colors.

Do like the 2024 livery.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
aggie4231
AG
Although I hate orange I too prefer the papaya and blue, basically the old gulf oil colors.

Do like the 2024 livery.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
jorgerr96
COTA tickets go on sale next month
FancyKetchup14
AG
Madrid confirmed

aggiejumper
AG
Why do they keep goin away from dedicated race tracks in favor of street circuits? Not a fan but I guess money always wins.
jorgerr96

I wish they could bring back Nurburgring or Hockenheim.

Imola also has a contract up in like 2025, curious if they will renew it.
Gladiator 96
AG
aggiejumper said:

Why do they keep goin away from dedicated race tracks in favor of street circuits? Not a fan but I guess money always wins.
I think the problem nowadays is that it isn't a given that countries will upgrade or maintain certain facilities anymore. It could be they decided that switching to a street circuit is much more cost effective than maintaining a fixed circuit.

The problem is happening in other sports as well. I read recently that in 2026 for the Winter Olympics, the bobsledding events could take place in the US instead of Italy because of the cost associated with upgrading the bobsledding facilities.
tk for tu juan
The other issue facing racing circuits. People who move next to them and complain about the noise. Nice sarcastic article about the Laguna Seca lawsuit:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/laguna-seca-lawsuit-homeowners-perplexed-as-iconic-race-track-materializes-overnight/
Tosul
AG
Howdy, Ag class of '19, been a long time TexAgs member but just found the F1 threads not too long ago. A buddy and I started an F1 podcast, Turn 1, detailing the sport from the eyes of relatively new fans in an effort to make the sport more accessible to the American market which is just now (past 2-3 seasons) becoming enamored with F1. We started watching races live at the beginning of 2022 and started the podcast just before the 2023 season. We spent last season figure things out mostly, topics, equipment, social media posting… but we are just about to go into our second season covering F1 with a new set, way more content, and interviews! We would really love the Aggie network to check us out, provide feedback (good or bad), and follow us if we talk about things that interest you!

We'd appreciate anyone checking it out and letting us know your thoughts, thanks and gig'em!

https://youtube.com/@turn1podcast?feature=shared
Gladiator 96
AG
AlphaTauri officially becomes...umm...something...

The Marksman
AG
Oh that's bad
SydB92
AG
As my buddy suggested last week and media reports that internally it will be referred to as V-CARB.
nai06
AG
Shut the **** up. That is awful.

That's right up there with "Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl"
La Fours
AG
Lol. That's really bad.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Dear, RB,

Please be aware that you own the rights to use this name and heritage for this team:

Even 'Visa Cash App Minardi' sounds better. Between the Sauber Stake renaming and this, not sure which is worse.
La Fours
AG
DTS season 6 drops on February 23.
nai06
AG
numetalbizkitaggie said:

Dear, RB,

Please be aware that you own the rights to use this name and heritage for this team:

Even 'Visa Cash App Minardi' sounds better. Between the Sauber Stake renaming and this, not sure which is worse.
Don't forget their alternate name Kick F1 Team
La Fours
AG
I'm dumb. Never mind.
La Fours
AG
IMO, this one is way worse than Sauber Stake (except where gambling is illegal, then it is Kick) F1.
Gladiator 96
AG
One day it might be Pop Tarts Formula One Racing Team

Tosul
AG
They must have paid a ton for Red Bull to remove their own clothing company as name sponsor
SydB92
AG
Virtual lap around Madrid. The turn at the far end was taken at 7th gear, was little surprised…..

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
That turn at 28 seconds in seems particularly dangerous, if that wall configuration is accurate.
SydB92
AG
Reminds me of the turn 14/15 I think at Miami. You hit a curb wrong and into the wall you go.
jorgerr96
The Marksman
AG

Huge for the Scuderia!
La Fours
AG
Glad for Charles. I just hope Fred makes, or has made, the necessary changes with the team so Charles and Carlos can be more competitive.
WC87
AG
Lando reups with McLaren

Gladiator 96
AG
Barcelona not going quietly …

Gladiator 96
AG
Ollie Bearman tabbed as Ferrari Reserve Driver for F1 2024 season.
jorgerr96
IF Barcelona does stay in the calendar, I can see Imola getting cut. They only brought it back during COVID to fill the calendar and the extension they signed was like a 3 year long one, I'm sure 2023 won't count so 2026 might be the last one.
jorgerr96

Don't think I posted this but Haas selected Chloe Chambers for F1 Academy. She's from NY I believe, I recall she graduated high school just before Silverstone back in 2022. She didn't do much that year in W Series (doesn't help her team mate was the best on the grid either) but I remember seeing her score a reserve-grid win last year in FROC, other than that I have no idea what she did the rest of the year.

So that makes two US drivers in the grid with both Lia Block and Chloe Chambers in there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.