Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

MIRROR OUT KYLE FIELD!

193,608 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TyHolden
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know a big concern is "what to do if it's cloudy" I've got this figured out also. We will use the overabundance of mirrors to create holograms of our players on the field. Maybe Harrell will be so confused by the fact that it LOOKS like Crabtree is being guarded by 5 people that we won't realize that he's actually not being covered by anyone.

I don't know how to make holograms but I assume that's something you learn in engineering. So somebody get on this as a backup plan.

Aggball2010
AG
Im doing it... Real big...
Miles711
AG
I found this while "working" on a Mech Engr group project (we are all sitting around doing nothing).

Rest assured, there is a crack team of bored engineers calculating the size of the mirror and curvature needed to have the focal point land on the field from out seats. We are also considering a strobe light with a mirror to concentrate the flash.

Note: none of this is likely to happen, but its fun to think about.
PJYoung
AG
I fully support this plan.

Pretty much anything is possible by Saturday if it's posted on TexAgs by Tuesday.
astros45
at high noon, it will be near impossible to get the sun to reflect off of foil and onto the field level
PJYoung
AG
That's where the buddy system comes into play.
Sefton
Miles711 - I'm sure bobinator will loan you his technical diagram if you need it.
Awesome, right?
RutgersTexan79
quote:
it's the meers

hehe.

Do a practice run with the mirrors at midnight yell so you can work out a contingency plan in case it turns out to be cloudy.
Miles711
AG
There is no facebook group to get students into this.... yet

I'm assuming its cool to use the paint drawing in the groups page. If thats an issue let me know (some people...)

[This message has been edited by Miles711 (edited 10/15/2008 7:06p).]
Upgrayedd
Bobinator, that is awesome! One of the funniest things I've seen in awhile. Thanks!
sca11ac
I like it all!
Miles711
AG
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31289851451

I made a facebook group to recruit students. Please join and invite people so I'm not the idiot who tries to start a slow clap but nobody joins in.

[This message has been edited by Miles711 (edited 10/15/2008 7:32p).]
bigfoot10s
AG
wow. a facebook group? really?
victory
AG
You guys are ALL pathetic!!!
GHEY
Miles711
AG
It’s not official until it’s on facebook. Don't you know how college works these days?
bobinator
AG
a facebook group is stupid because homeland security is going to arrest everyone for creating a giant mega pirate death ray and you're just giving them a roster! on second thought... you go ahead and stay in that group.
Harry Dunne
Awesome idea..........the onnnnnnnnnly thing we forgot about is the fact that the mirrors/foil/etc. is going to hurt us as much as it is tceh. Then again, if it makes both teams suck, then it will only be hurting them, giving us an even playing field.

Upon further review, let's go for it. Mirror Out the pirates!
bobinator
AG
so I heard some concern on what to do around noon when the sun is directly above Kyle Field, so I used a new program to demonstrate how the "compound reflex death ray" works in this situation.

BetaAg07
AG
LMAO

please destroy the orange water coolers!!!

BTW did anyone go today?
Miles711
AG
No double mirrors would be required. The angle of incidence with the mirror is simply half of what your desired angle of reflection would be. So if you want to change the direction of light be 90 from the sky to the field, hold your mirror at a 45 degree angle to the sky.
bobinator
AG
lies!
lordaries
I hope you know... Tech fans are crazy. First time you ags try anything this stupid, its going to get ugly, and you will find yourself in a real life version of escape from Lubbock... Except you aren't snake, and you probably won't make it out unscathed.

Please don't dare this... because Tech fans are crazy enough to hang you from the goal posts for trying it.
bobinator
AG
we'll just focus the beams and vaporize them
SoTxAg
AG
cool idea, just like a photon torpedo!!!!
wrestler85*
AG
it's been said that the greatest college football prank of all time was when cal tech broke into the univ. of washington cheerleader's hotel room and switched out the stack of instructions for the people in the stands who would hold cards up. the net was that instead of spelling out "huskies" the wrong people flipped their cards to spell out "caltech." it really happened. 1961, rose bowl.

you, students of texas a&m, can find a place in history at kyle field this saturday.

carefully study the bobinator's diagrams. godspeed!

SeanDaAg2005
AG
Threatening us is probably not the best way to stop us from unleashing our tandem mirror super death ray.

Forfeiting might be a good alternative.
Cromagnum
AG
What's the pass back for this idea anyways?

[This message has been edited by Cromagnum (edited 10/15/2008 10:50p).]
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
seriously... ****ing awesome.

[This message has been edited by mbole11 (edited 10/15/2008 10:50p).]
SeanDaAg2005
gigemags87
AG
That's money, Cro.
Agnzona
What if the Corps just shaved their heads and removed their caps?
wrestler85*
AG
cromagnum, you've made texags photoshop hall of fame.
BetaAg07
AG
cro, that is flippin' awesome!
Batzarro
AG
Cromagnum just made photoshop his b*tch.
1atexasaggie
AG
HAHAHAHAHA that is one of the best photoshops EVER!! HAHAHAHA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.