Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

MIRROR OUT KYLE FIELD!

193,628 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TyHolden
drivinwest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hilarious.
wrestler85*
AG
time to take up a little collection and buy a welder's mask and fedex it to tehc's athletic dept for delivery to mike leach, with a creative little note telling him to prepare for the fightin' texas aggie 12th man death ray!
maroonboots
brilliant.

brilliant idea!

OrygunAg
AG
"Once in a while ten thousand mirrors will fry a pirate"

Reflected sunlight does not decrease in intensity with the square of the distance from the mirror. The attenuation, or spread of the reflected light from a mirror or piece of foil is only related to how much the beam disperses geometrically before it hits the target. The beam from a perfectly flat mirror reflecting sunlight will disperse only slightly with distance. A 2 sq inch makeup mirror projects a 6 sq inch area at 100 feet. Flexing the foil or mirror by hand to make the mirror slightly concave will compensate for the dispersion slightly. Regardless, even those on the upper deck should be able to see their beams on the field, although it will be larger and dimmer than those on the lower decks. It would be good to test this theory prior to the game. Also, it would be virtually impossible for everyone in the stands to hold their mirror perfectly focused on a single point on the field. Instead, you will see something like a disco ball effect I think with light beams moving all over the field as people try to identify their individual beam. The easiest way to 'aim' your beam is to fully extend your arm out in front of you with your hand covering the target, shine the beam on your hand and then move your hand out of the way.

Video or photo shots of this could be amazingly cool...

Archimedes the hell outta tt

[This message has been edited by SeaAg96 (edited 10/16/2008 2:03a).]
TheRansomofRedChief2011
After reading all these responses, I feel like I'm supposed to think this is funny.
Somehow I don't.
joemeister
AG
You either have no sense of humor, no imagination or both.

Either way, I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the "it's the meers" drawing.
jasalinas
When was the last time you gave $1000 a semester towards cancer research? . We do not harm to you except steal your girls, get over it. But hey, it could be worse, the corps creaps out more girls than andy dick. -"frat guy" with smaller glasses than your bimbo gf
joemeister
AG
quote:
When was the last time you gave $1000 a semester towards cancer research? . We do not harm to you except steal your girls, get over it. But hey, it could be worse, the corps creaps out more girls than andy dick. -"frat guy" with smaller glasses than your bimbo gf

Quite possibly the strangest single post I've ever read on this site & that's saying a lot.
jasalinas
When was the last time you gave $1000 a semester towards cancer research? . We do not harm to you except steal your girls, get over it. But hey, it could be worse, the corps creaps out more girls than andy dick.

-"frat guy" with smaller glasses than your bimbo gf.

But seriously, this would be awesome.
joemeister
AG
is this a quality examples of the sunglasses you are referring to?

Tmoneyag99
AG
Where's her other teefus. She's on got two bucked?
AggieManDan
I don't know what happened to that thread about my favorite TexAgs posters but Cromagnum and Bobinator just went to the top of the list.

AWESOME!!
atxaggie
This....is....not.........funny.

Quit trying to make it so.
CDub06
AG
This is strange
gigem07
haha awesome
OrygunAg
AG
Its the end of days for leach and tceh. That chicken fried steak meal they get out in sommerville will be their last. Not only will their national ranking evaporate, but their entire sideline, including orange water coolers, will do the same. The french super collider cannot hold a candle to the univers changing power of a 12th Man Archimedes beam.

I probably shouldnt say this, but I feel compelled to offer some humane advice for leach and his boyz: if the tceh players want to save something of themselves, they must wrap their helmets in foil (reflective side out) for protection. It is the only way.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
If they want to save themselves, they need to forfeit.
Face
AG
oldoldag
there are some real immature student fans out there..I am truly ashamed....

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure". - Mark Twain
Agsportsfan08
Aggie Solar Death Beam. That might be the best photoshop I have ever seen.
bobinator
AG
Cromagnums visual representation confirms my fear of potentially openning up a rift in space-time. Oh well, no risk no reward!
OrygunAg
AG
Old, Old Ag -

Sure, the students should pay their money and just sit there on their hands, quietly watching tceh flatten A&M again to relegate A&M to the big 12 cellar. Just sit there, talking about all their new aches and pains, hows the kids, hows the business, gosh my retirement account is tanking blah blah. Students probably shouldnt yell, cause that could damage tcehs hearing. They shouldnt wave those annoying white towels cause they might generate a vortex that sucks everyone in the west stands into oblivion. They shouldnt sway cause it might change the rotation of the earth and cause the apocolypse. Give me a break. They are just having fun, getting rowdy and getting excited about something, anything. Maybe some of that excitement will flow down to our pitiful defense or maybe even our silent west stands. Its time the 12th Man started getting rowdy and started making Kyle intimidating. If a few tcehsters get vaporized,so be it.
bobinator
AG
that was one of the single greatest posts of all time.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
quote:
They shouldnt wave those annoying white towels cause they might generate a vortex that sucks everyone in the west stands into oblivion.

If one third of a stadium is sucked into a vortex, and no one notices, did it make a sound?
wrestler85*
AG
i'm an old ag, and i support this message.

(this is some of the funniest stuff i've seen here in a long time!)
halfastros81
AG
One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I applaud the ingenuity. I can't think of anyplace this has been done.

[This message has been edited by halfastros81 (edited 10/16/2008 12:39p).]
Face
AG
I'm worried that tech might be prepared for this:

The wide-brimmed hat my shield off most of the refracted light, while the black mask will absorb any heat that filters through and protect the eyes. The waxed mustache may also serve as a sort of lightning rod for solar vaporization energy, making the Masked Rider more and more unstoppable the more energy he absorbs.
OrygunAg
AG
quote:
making the Masked Rider more and more unstoppable the more energy he absorbs.

This is could happen! I saw it on the superfriends once. The last thing we need is a giant, raging masked rider running trigger through the west stands...oh the humanity!
Maegnas Is My Name
i will be sure to have my makeup mirror with me, and people who think this will actually harm players are morons.

quote:

this is the most nonsensical thing i've read in my life.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
I like how he got angry about some throwaway comment about those giant sunglasses... he's willing to accept all the frat bashing that goes on every day... but NO ONE INSULTS THE SIZE OF HIS GLASSES
Hodor
AG
quote:
This is could happen! I saw it on the superfriends once. The last thing we need is a giant, raging masked rider running trigger through the west stands...oh the humanity!

Don't know. If he gets too raging, horse might run into a wall again. Could end up working in our favor.
OrygunAg
AG
This thread has had close to 18000 views. If only half of you that view this grab your wife/gf makeup mirror, slap some foil on your pda, or bring some foil, we will have a nice light show. TTT
montegobay
I wonder if Sam's sells make up mirrors. I'll go buy tons of them and hand them out in my section.
Texas Tech Universe
Cro!
fightinTXaggie TXaggie

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.