Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Half empty stadium = mass migration in OT

17,928 Views | 317 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by WestTxAg06
3rdGenAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
don't forget that what you do the night BEFORE a day like this has a HUGE effect on how you'll handle the heat.

...whether it be DE-hydrating by boozing or hydrating with water the night before. so yeah...be smart, and prepare.
Ninetyag
It was HOT. The only game that even compares was way back in '89 when we played Cougar High and the temps reached 105. At least now they do sell water.
TexasAggie008
AG
next week calls for a high of 84 and low of 68, per weather.com
PerfectAg
I'll bet that the Corps and FTAB didn't leave early!

If you refer to the north forty as anything other than t.u. or 'sips, you are not an AGGIE.
redcrayon
AG
Please stop *****ing about the 12th man. I thought they did great! Coach Fran noticed the migration and thought it was awesome.
MW_111
If you leave early on anything other than a stretcher, you are not an AGGIE
NoACDamnit
quote:
Coach Fran noticed the migration and thought it was awesome.

And he's obviously an EXCELLENT judge of what is good and what is not.

It was GREAT that people were moving to the end that was being played on. How exactly is it awesome that the decks were empty enough to allow that?

---------------------------------------

Harry Potter just like the Smurfs and many other things are simply witchcraft made G Rated on the outside but underlying it is still witchcraft and is against the will of God.
TAMU74
AG
I left at 29-29. Had all the fun and boring play calling I could handle.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
"If the players can stay hydrated in pads while exerting themselves the entire time there's no reason for the student side to be empty like that."

The Fresno State players were dropping like flies out on the field, though. What was it? About 10 different times it looked like FS players suffered cramps after plays.
redcrayon
AG
Some people will complain about anything.
HoustonAg05
AG
Yes, will complain about anything. Like a mediocre coach making 2 million a year.

Proud banger.

----

I'm HoustonAg05, and I want the LSU Game back.

TAILGATE SPENCE

quote:
All that tradition, all those die-hard fans, all those players in the backyard, all those new facilities, all that money they're paying Dennis Franchione … and the Aggies haven't been ranked in the final polls since 1999. Not only that, they haven't finished in the final top 10 since 1994. What they should be shouting at midnight yell practice: "We deserve better!"
redcrayon
AG
Complaining about coaching is one thing. But complaining about the 12th man is lame.
Pro Sandy
AG
people complaining about the heat is even worse
redcrayon
AG
Well maybe if people were wearing white instead of marooon they wouldn't be getting overheated.

I wasn't there so I'm not faulting anyone for leaving.
Aust Ag
AG
Hats off to the students who stayed...you kids are tough!
Post removed:
by user
Quinn
AG
I stayed the whole time. i didnt wear my shirt, but i had spf 50 on. also, i drank a ton of water. it sucked that people left, but if they were going to get sick, then they needed to leave. i thought the shift of the stands was cool because it showed the heart of those who stayed
RK
AG
quote:
AMAggie07
posted 7:52p, 09/08/07

Sorry guys, I left in the second and was in the MSC the rest of the game because I was going to get extremely heat sick otherwise. I tried to go back at one point but it just wasn't happening.

Hopefully it cools off next weekend.

it was nice to meet you.
95_Aggie
AG
so, to sum up this thread: NoACDammit = Super Aggie. Everyone else falls short.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Left early third quarter b/c the seven other people that came w/ me decided to and I didn't feel like sitting by myself...I called some other friends to see if I could sit w/ them but they had already left as well...
Javelina
AG
Pro Sandy
colonialag
AG
quote:
When you spend June, July, and August working as a farmhand, you're used to incredibly hot weather and you're used to keeping yourself hydrated, because you don't have the option of taking the rest of the day off if you decide you're too hot.

hauled hay every summer since i was able to and today was flat out terrible.
zachattack
quote:
NoACDammit and/or WestTXAg06 = Super Aggie...everyone else falls short

fify

[This message has been edited by zachattack10 (edited 9/8/2007 9:49p).]
MB19
AG
The girlfriend and I were both getting sick due to the heat. It was time to go. We can't yell if we drop dead from heat stroke.

We lived to yell on another day.
3rdGenAg06
AG
drink more water....because you feel dizzy and sick doesn't mean you're probably gonna have a heat stroke. it probably means you're getting dehydrated and should drink more water...and should have drank more beforehand.

i think KINE 199 needs to teach heat stroke/exhaustion better...
ac
The game was played at 2:30 to accomodate FSN TV. Someone has to decide whether or not TV is more important than fan comfort.
Raggy09
AG
I never thought that anything would ever compare to SMU '05. This game took that cake big time. After the march-in, almost all of us felt like s***, and a lot of us left. I nearly passed out a couple of times, and went through i don't know how much water. Seriously, who's the moron who schedules games in the south at these ungodly times? FSN = Complete Idiots.

_________________________________________________________________________________
BRING BACK FARMERS FIGHT!!!! BRING BACK BONFIRE!!!!

BUTT '09

AggieMavsfan
AG
LAFF at your sig. HP is fun and enjoyable fiction.
Pro Sandy
AG
quote:
Pro Sandy

That's me Javelina! Thanks!
war hymn aggie
AG
the students that stayed got a standing ovation in my section during the 3rd OT. As the officials moved the ball from one side of the stadium to the other, the 12th Man on the 3rd deck moved in unison with that change to where all students were on the same side of the stadium as to where the action on the field was. Have never ever seen that happen at Kyle before. I hope this makes sense, as I am exhaused. Just recently peed for the 1st time since 11am.

It was HOT, but IMO not as hot as the '05 SMU game. Most of the 3rd and all of the 4th Quarter and OT's were played with clouds protecting us. Fairly comfortable from my view in the 3rd deck zone.

The 2nd Quarter was brutal, however.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Nice to meet you too, sir.

I grew up on a farm and worked outside 8-6 or 8-8 in the summers throughout high school, so I don't know what my problem was today. The heat just killed me (and yes, I've had heat exhaustion before and know enough to avoid it.)

I"m glad those who stayed did, and those who knew they couldn't were smart enough to leave.
mazag08
AG
I yelled as much as I could, but I really thought I was going to pass out in the second quarter. I couldnt even lift my arms off my knees. I spent 20 bucks on water, and when the cloud cover came, I started feeling better. I am as redass as it gets, but Im not going to lie, I didnt yell at all in the second quarter, and I don't regret it.

This was the most brutal temperature I have dealt with at an A&M game, and I have been to over 50 in my life.
DanHo2010
AG
I almost lost it a time or two. It was terrible.
treblock77
ive never seen more people pass out in line, in the stands, in the medic room.....it was too hot to be there today....people were throwing up and passing out left and right

" He's not a hard man to track, he leaves dead men where ever he goes."
Ag20??
AG
It was pretty hot but I think SMU '05 was hotter. I remember that game as being almost unbearable. This game wasn't quite as bad though I did get dizzy at one point and couldn't quite see the field for a couple of seconds. Other than that it was alright. Torture, but not completely unbearable.

But you can't fault those that left early due to the heat. It was up there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.