Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Half empty stadium = mass migration in OT

17,919 Views | 317 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by WestTxAg06
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Your last response has nothing to do with the one before it.

Then try reading all of my posts before you attempt to call me out.
NoACDamnit
quote:
Then try reading all of my posts before you attempt to call me out.

What does that change? You talked about people criticizing the students that stayed.

No one has done that.

---------------------------------------

Harry Potter just like the Smurfs and many other things are simply witchcraft made G Rated on the outside but underlying it is still witchcraft and is against the will of God.
houstontexan
quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. I picked this username when we were trying to keep AC OUT of our dorm.

f-ing HARDCORE
smokeythebear
AG
Jared: I was talking to noac, not you.

Hollywood: Congratulations, you have fully proven to me that you are amazing, I idolize your complete embodiment of the 12th man spirit. I now plan on telling all the girls in my group that since this guy on Texags can do it, then they also can do it. Fear not, I will educate them on the topic and it will never happen again. If need be I will even make them push for whispering such atrocities to Aggie Football.

You say you are such a die hard fan; well that is exactly it. Consider that all the student section has only been in love with A&M for 0-3 years. This is only the second football game freshmen have ever been to. They may not be as completely obsessed with Aggie Football as yourself. Get over the fact that the student section is not going to be full of 30,000 people exactly like you.

With that, goodnight all, this thread is beating a dead horse.
catfan
"If water was free instead of 5 bucks, i think people might be encouraged to stick around."

Now there's a thought. You think you could get discounted water on a day like that. Hopefully there were lots of free public fountains. My ex-boss went with her two young kids. She must've had a miserable time.
UncleBubba
New Army is too soft & spoiled. I'm thinkin' video games are part of the problem.

Hell, I think there were only 2 night games when I attended (88-91) yet I went to every game and sweated my butt off. Quit biotchin' about the heat & use the sportspass that mommy & daddy bought for you. :-)
hammer11
Good thing the students did not have to wear flak vests , long pants, and stand in weather 20 degrees hotter like our guys in Iraq or they all might have died.
dead zip 01
AG
They have free water. There are water fountains and even faucets in the concourse so you can refill your bottle.
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
(in the can - I had to warm up before anything would come out, if you've been that cold before, you know what I'm talking about)

I've been there on multiple occasions. That's not a good deal.
SwampFox
quote:
Good thing the students did not have to wear flak vests , long pants, and stand in weather 20 degrees hotter like our guys in Iraq or they all might have died.

Yeah because that's the standard we should hold EVERYONE to. Idiot.
ssolari94
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:
New Army is too soft & spoiled. I'm thinkin' video games are part of the problem.

That was the point I was getting at earlier. I'm not saying people weren't hot and miserable out there Saturday, nor am I disagreeing with the reports of people passing out. However, the inability to handle the heat, the heat exhaustion, dehydration, etc. is large part due to people a) not being experienced with spending long hours in unbearable heat, and b) not knowing how to adequately prepare themselves for staying out in such heat. Those problems stem from the fact that, whether any of your like to admit it or not, a large part of today's student body spent their summers in junior high and high school sleeping until noon, playing video games, laying up under the air conditioning, laying around the pool, etc.

I'm not trying to make myself out as some sort of "super Aggie" as a poster called me a few pages ago. I'm merely stating what I believe is the cause of the droves of students getting too hot and having to leave. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings, but I think it's the truth in more cases than not.
NewArmyAg
quote:

I know we take our football seriously, but Aggie football and the Iraq War are two completley different things. Please do not insult our servicemen and women by comparing the two.

tia
bronx bombers
Myself and my friends were dizzy as hell during almost the whole 2nd half (yes we brought water), we stayed, but I cant fault anyone who left, that game was just absolutely brutal, if the sun was as bad in the 2nd half as it was in the 1st, I am pretty sure I would have passed out.

Has anyone complained in this thread about students leaving that actually went to the game? This one was by far the worst I have been to in my 3 years here.
Javelina
AG
quote:
You don't see the players, yell leaders, BQs, Refs, Coaches, (other teams) Cheerleaders, etc. saying...."Wow, its just too hot. I am getting outta here!"

Actually, I was in Row 1 of Section 145 and one of the yell leaders had to leave because he was feeling so bad. I guess you didn't notice that we only had four out there for a large portion of the fourth quarter.

Nice attempt at an argument though.
Simpletonn
what section were you in NOAc?

just curious
hbc07
AG
"(in the can - I had to warm up before anything would come out, if you've been that cold before, you know what I'm talking about)"

when you've got to be worried about your outhouse seat somehow freezing to your rear since it's below 0 and you're a good 50 feet from the cabin, it provides some incentive to get thing moving.
bobinator
AG
It should also be noted that many freshman and sophomores have NEVER been to a game like this at Kyle Field and were thus unprepared. The Texas Tech game last year was the only September game that started in the afternoon and it wasn't even close to being as hot as this one.

I understand that it's the student's faults for not being prepared. But a huge percentage of students had no idea that they even needed to prepare because they've never experienced anything like that before. They should have put something in the Battalion or handed out flyers before the game or something with tips for avoiding heat exhaustion.
Bunk Moreland
there was no hotter game than this. The mercury was record setting on the field, and it was just as hot on the student side. At halftime I had to get out of the sun. by the time I got up 8 steps or so, all I could see was white and I had to get under the tunnel immediately to sit down. I sat down all of halftime, and when I was heading back to my seat for the third quarter I almost fell and fainted again. I had to get out of there.

During the 2nd quarter, 8 minutes to go or so, you could literally FEEL the heat cooking you. We made a couple comments on how bad it was, then before we knew it, the heat got worse. Everyone was saying they had never been to a game so brutal. Kudos to those who made it through, if I could have seen straight I would have too.
houstontexan
quote:
At halftime I had to get out of the sun. by the time I got up 8 steps or so, all I could see was white and I had to get under the tunnel immediately to sit down. I sat down all of halftime, and when I was heading back to my seat for the third quarter I almost fell and fainted again. I had to get out of there.

what a ******.
TAZ99
AG
I was thinking...wow, that may people are still there? I'm proud they stuck around through the conditions, but they must feel awful today.

And they were still bringing the noise. Whoop.
NebrAggie
I thought SMU 05 was worse, but only because there was ZERO relief that day from cloud cover...oh, and we had to leave in the first quarter of the SMU game since my FTAC 2019 daughter had a raging nosebleed!!!

Both certainly rank up there on the misery scale.

I did get a bit exhausted yesterday but thank the Lord for some clouds and the rain to walk back in.
SJEAg
AG
I wasn't there, but I sympathize for those who left. People watching on TV can't complain if they weren't there. Unless I missed a post, no one at the game on the student side is *****ing about those who left. If the conditions weren't really that bad, the complaints on this forum would be *endless*.

At least the student side looked full at the start of the game. For an OOC game that should not have been close, that alone is a lot better than most years.
mazag08
AG
I cant believe some of you people. Get off your high horses and shut the hell up.
BmtAggie428
AG
why do all the old people hate the students so much?
TexasAggie008
AG
Im embarassed for some of the old Ag's that hate on "new army". Some of you feel the same way about as as you do about fans of other schools. Get a life

Most of you dont fall into this catagory though, so props for those that have common sense
themissinglink
AG
quote:
They have free water. There are water fountains and even faucets in the concourse so you can refill your bottle.

The line was very long. I would guess it probably took 20 minutes or so to get through. Bobinator's description of it looking like a refugee camp is exactly what I thought...
GigEmAggies06
AG
It was a hot one out there and I don't blame anyone for leaving. I don't remember any of the games I've been to ('02-present) that were as hot as yesterday. I know for sure I've never sweat as much as I did at any game before so as far as that unofficial gauge goes for me it was the hottest. That said, I've been here long enough to know to prepare well and between me and my gf we finished off a gallon of water. Even though my whole group felt good enough to make it the whole game, everybody had a headache for the rest of the night from the dehydration. I imagine 90% of the people that left must have left at halftime because the second half was much cooler (though still no picnic) with the clouds that came through and the occasional light sprinkle before the rain started at the end of the game.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
I consider myself in pretty good shape and I had trouble breathing much less yelling up in second deck the 1st and 2nd quater. it was literally a freaking sauna. I should definatly note to take it easy on the casual cocktail drinking before a 2:30 game. man, it just sucked. Stuck it out though,the rain was glorious afterwards

edit: props to FTAB..I thought the lines looked great @ halftime and hey some of the hefty's probably lost some weight!

[This message has been edited by CavJock07 (edited 9/9/2007 12:37p).]
aggierdw
Announcers said the field temperature was 140, that is definitely hot. To add to it, everyone is packed in like sardines on the student side, so its not only hot because of the actual temperature, but because of everyone's body heat.
jonnypepp
When I was suffering through Tom Wilson's last year, and Jackie's first three, I spent my September games in long sleeve class B summers, low-quarters, black socks, and an ASCOT!!! They didn't sell water in Kyle Field (bottled water still lived in our future), dates wore dresses (with hose for goodness sake) and I suffered... We ALL suffered...

Having said all that, and hopefully, the above has demonstrated my "Old Ag" Bonafides, if the heat is getting to you get out of the sun, cop some A/C and then IF you feel better return...
If not, there is no shame. Maybe prep better before-hand next time.

I'm in sect 132 and was in the sun almost all the way, and as you can see from the above, this ain't my first rodeo. I stayed, but then I had lots of $$$ to buy water.

Everybody ease up. There is a BIG caviat to the "Aggies stay for the whole game" thing... You only stay if you're convinced you will survive staying!!!

That is all. As you were!!!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
I've had heat exhaustion - took 2 hours to get relief. We were lucky no one got a heat stroke!

Think about the players with all that gear.

Thanks for being there whether you left or stayed!
colonialag
AG
quote:
I remember laughing at people who used to pass out during Band practice before school because I thought it was funny (we drilled in the afternoon back in my day).

you sir are a genuine band bad-ass!!!!! i want to party with you!!!! please be my friend?
jonnypepp
Yo- Colonial... I wasn't in the Band. I was a CT.
Patronizing me is not a good sign of what new army is about. I always waiver when I'm writing my checks to AFS, 12th Man, Corps Association, and the A&M Foundation whether y'all are really worth it. I don't see any real signs of true Aggie spirit in you...
But like a good parent who fears his child is a blithering idiot with no appreciation of their blessings, but loves them nonetheless, I continue to write those checks... BTW you're welcome.
To answer your question, yes, if you are an Ag I will be your friend. The real question is, are you prepared to be mine... And that means being a good Ag. Clearly at this date, you are not. Get over yourself and your self-righteousness, go a pair, and man-up.
You are better than this. Prove me wrong. Show some class. That is all.
gig them
AG
easy, francis.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.