How would Caitlin Clark fare in Men's hoops?

26,079 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Fanatic15...Drs2B!
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aginlakeway said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

She'd get dominated by Hefner. Stop the madness.
He's exactly who I had in mind in the OP but I didn't want to call him out specifically. I'd make the trade any day of the week. She definitely wouldn't go 4 of 37 from three point land. Give her a tiny bit of space and she'd Curry up the place from anywhere on the court.

You would trade Hefner for her? That's ridiculous.

She won't likely be able to score a point against college men. She'd rarely get open. Her shot would get blocked easily. And the physical nature of the game would crush her on both ends of the court.

An average college women's team would lose to an average college men's team 100-10. And the women's team may run out of players due to injuries.
This is true, and completely irrelevant to the OP.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Frag said:

She's not better than a below average male High School player. Stop it.
No you stop it. She'd school the **** out of any below average male high school player.
Frag
AG
Junior high maybe. You're trolling.

johnnyblaze36 said:

Frag said:

No you stop it. She'd school the **** out of any below average male high school player.
EliteZags
AG
aginlakeway said:

An average college women's team would lose to an average college men's team 100-10. And the women's team may run out of players due to injuries.

maybe if women's baskets were worth 5pts? I don't see how they'd get a single shot off that's not swatted into the stands
PatAg
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Frag said:

Can't tell if you are trolling
mavsfan4ever
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

aginlakeway said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

He's exactly who I had in mind in the OP but I didn't want to call him out specifically. I'd make the trade any day of the week. She definitely wouldn't go 4 of 37 from three point land. Give her a tiny bit of space and she'd Curry up the place from anywhere on the court.

She won't likely be able to score a point against college men. She'd rarely get open. Her shot would get blocked easily. And the physical nature of the game would crush her on both ends of the court.

A team of 5 Clark's would lose to a bad men's college team 100-5. The Clark's wouldn't even get it past half court or get a shot up. I'm giving them 5 just in case there were a few fouls.

A decent high school team would also kill a team of Clarks.

And by a team of clarks I mean if all 5 of the players were the best college women's player of all time. A

I hope you are trolling.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Yea it's really weird how uncomfortable a black woman can make a white man feel in 2024

Really, what about her coach, who is white, is equally disliked. Get out of here with that BS.
Know Your Enemy
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

_lefraud_ said:

Yea it's really weird how uncomfortable a black woman can make a white man feel in 2024

Really, what about her coach, who is white, is equally disliked. Get out of here with that BS.

The difference is her white coach actually does plenty of things to justify the dislike. GTFOH with THAT nonsense.
frenchtoast
Please. Duane is barely human. There's no comparison.
Pumpkinhead
AG
This reminds me of the TexAgs 'Would Alabama beat a bad NFL team?' hypothetical.

Same answer. No.
jja79
AG
BudFox7 said:

Who is watching women's basketball and are you retired?

My 21 year old son texted me during the game and said he couldn't believe what she can do. Maybe you aren't but people are watching and enjoying this generational talent.
johnnyblaze36
AG
PatAg said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Frag said:

Can't tell if you are trolling
I was an average player in high school and the girl would have absolutely destroyed me in a game of 1 on 1 and would have lit up our team. This is not something I'm happy to admit and I'm not trolling at all.

*Did go to a small private school and we weren't that great.

johnnyblaze36
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

aginlakeway said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

A team of 5 Clark's would lose to a bad men's college team 100-5. The Clark's wouldn't even get it past half court or get a shot up. I'm giving them 5 just in case there were a few fouls.

And by a team of clarks I mean if all 5 of the players were the best college women's player of all time. A

I hope you are trolling.

It appears we are having a problem with reading comprehension in this thread and you just made a completely different argument that I agree with but doesn't pertain to the OP at all.

The question was, how would Caitlin Clark fare in a game of men's college basketball surrounded by 9 other men on the floor at any level.

I think she could hang, some think she couldn't even get the ball across half court, which is ridiculous imo. I'm obviously in the minority here alone on an island really, but please understand the subject matter first before you think I am trolling.
nbbob
I swear it seems some of you know nothing about basketball and/or have never watched a game. Clark is a phenomenal women's CBB player. She is not, and never could be, even rostered based on production on men's CBB team. Enjoy her for what she is but don't embarrass yourself by saying she could make a D1 men's team in the SEC. I can't believe this is even a topic.
mavsfan4ever
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

aginlakeway said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

I hope you are trolling.

It appears we are having a problem with reading comprehension in this thread and you just made a completely different argument that I agree with but doesn't pertain to the OP at all.

The question was, how would Caitlin Clark fare in a game of men's college basketball surrounded by 9 other men on the floor at any level.

I think she could hang, some think she couldn't even get the ball across half court, which is ridiculous imo. I'm obviously in the minority here alone on an island really, but please understand the subject matter first before you think I am trolling.

If a high school team could beat a team full of clarks, Clark would stand no chance of hanging on the court with 9 collegiate players. I thought that point was obvious from my post but maybe I should have spelled it out.
jja79
AG
Why is this even a thread. She's remarkable. If you haven't noticed women and men are different.
Zachary Klement
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

With the level of mental toughness he has, not sure he is capable of dominating anyone.
DukeMu
Clark could serve a Steve Kerr-like role on a college team, probably off the bench. She can score. Her cross-over is passable. The bigger concern is defense rather than offense. Who is she going to guard?
zgolfz85
AG
I'd take her over everyone not named Andy or boots or Wade right now
johnnyblaze36
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

aginlakeway said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

I hope you are trolling.

If a high school team could beat a team full of clarks, Clark would stand no chance of hanging on the court with 9 collegiate players. I thought that point was obvious from my post but maybe I should have spelled it out.
Your point still doesn't make any sense. Your analogy is the same as the women's US national soccer team losing to some U15 boys from Dallas. An all girls squad vs and all male team. The topic at hand is how well could Caitlin Clark do in a game full of men at the collegiate leve. It's not even remotely the same discussion so try and spell it out better.

Anyway, this is objectively hilarious:

FDT 1999
AG
Quote:

She would be a boat anchor for your hypothetical team. She would never get a shot off.
johnnyblaze36
AG
nbbob said:

I swear it seems some of you know nothing about basketball and/or have never watched a game. Clark is a phenomenal women's CBB player. She is not, and never could be, even rostered based on production on men's CBB team. Enjoy her for what she is but don't embarrass yourself by saying she could make a D1 men's team in the SEC. I can't believe this is even a topic.
I played basketball my entire life through high school, watch every single Aggie game, and have run a March Madness pool for 30 years now.

So I'd like to think I know a little something about the sport I watch religiously. I made it a topic because people only see men dominating women's sports now and not the other way around and Caitlin Clark is the first woman I've seen that I think could perform decently well in a men's NCAA game. I know for sure she'd put you on skates.
TopoTacos
AG
The only people freaking out about WBB and comparing them to the men's game are internet posters who never played the game. Look at the NBA and how those players talked about the WNBA stars at the All-Star weekend: they have no problem respecting the women's game and no one is advocating for them to step into the other league to prove anything.

There are biological differences at play, but that shouldn't diminish us being able to recognize when someone is excelling in a league of their peers.
Superfreak
AG
Kellso said:

BudFox7 said:

Who is watching women's basketball and are you retired?
Caitlin Clark is a bigger star than any college baseball player of the last 10-20 years.

Womens college basketball is a bigger sport than college baseball.

Lets not forget that the biggest athletic accomplishment in Texas A&M's History was Gary Blair winning the 2011 National Title.

LOL….oh wait I think you're serious.
Muy
AG
She's better than Hefner
HoustonAg2106
AG
nbbob
johnnyblaze36 said:

nbbob said:

I played basketball my entire life through high school, watch every single Aggie game, and have run a March Madness pool for 30 years now.

So I'd like to think I know a little something about the sport I watch religiously. I made it a topic because people only see men dominating women's sports now and not the other way around and Caitlin Clark is the first woman I've seen that I think could perform decently well in a men's NCAA game. I know for sure she'd put you on skates.

Whatever. And what does my ability or lack of have to do with her ability to play with a men's team? You obviously have an agenda and that's fine. It's making you look foolish imho. Good luck with your pool picks this year.
Deputy Travis Junior
https://strengthlevel.com has tens of millions of lifting data points. For a 22 year old 180 pound man, it says an elite squat is 455 pounds, where "elite" means stronger than 95% of people in the same gender, age, and weight brackets. (I think squat is the most relevant lift for basketball.) An elite squat for a 22 year old 180 pound woman is 326 pounds, so the 95th percentile man is 129 pounds or ~40% stronger than the the 95th percentile woman.

Did another search and the gap is similar for vertical
https://marathonhandbook.com/average-vertical-jump/
Average 80th percentile vertical for a 20-29 year old guy is 24" and 16.9" for a woman, so 41% greater for the guy.

On defense, this gigantic explosiveness gap means that a man could closely guard Clark with zero fear of her drive because he could easily catch up with her if she did attempt one. So zero easy, open shots for her. On offense, the strength gap means he could post up and back her down every single possession, and by possession 4 or 5, it'd be like swatting away a ball of tissue paper because she'd be exhausted.

Cool shooter, but as somebody else said, an average high schooler could destroy her. Athleticism is everything in basketball and men have far, far more than women.
jja79
AG
Which doesn't mean she's not fun to watch.
Aggie1188
HowdyTexasAggies said:

"I'm convinced she could be an asset on many of team's floors. Including ours."

Yea right. Comical
She couldn't outplay Hefner?
Aggie1188
Know Your Enemy said:

wut? Lol. She can shoot. Come off a screen and shoot and make it.
Aggie1188
Know Your Enemy said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

_lefraud_ said:

The difference is her white coach actually does plenty of things to justify the dislike. GTFOH with THAT nonsense.
LOL. Angel Reese has constantly acted trashy. Stop blaming external factors as she literally looks like virtually every other player. It's the fact she acted so trashy in last year's final and has often continued to do so whether she's boasting or whatever goofy sht with her 6-inch vertical.
czar_iv
AG
Aggie1188 said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Yea right. Comical
I don't think it is about out-playing Hefner. Can Caitlin make more wide open 3s than anyone on the mens team? I would bet yes she can
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
nbbob
czar_iv said:

Aggie1188 said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Yea right. Comical
I don't think it is about out-playing Hefner. Can Caitlin make more wide open 3s than anyone on the mens team? I would bet yes she can

If she can't out play Hefner and he's not contributing ar all wouldn't logic dictate that no, she can't contribute on this team.
czar_iv
AG
nbbob said:

czar_iv said:

Aggie1188 said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Yea right. Comical

If she can't out play Hefner and he's not contributing ar all wouldn't logic dictate that no, she can't contribute on this team.
1 on 1 doesn't mean alot; Garcia probably wouldn't be great 1-on-1 but he can rebound
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.