How would Caitlin Clark fare in Men's hoops?

26,080 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Fanatic15...Drs2B!
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Tennis or golf, maybe.

Basketball? Lol, there's no eye candy during the game

No chance in golf or tennis either.
aginlakeway
AG
Kellso said:

ExPeterKeating said:

So, if you watched ISU @ UH last night, imagine her playing in that physical realm. Not a chance.
Yeah....but those are also 2 of the top 8 teams in the entire country.
The Houston Cougars are probably the best team in the entire country. Don't be surprised to see a bunch of Houstonians hanging around Scottsdale during the upcoming 2024 Final Four.

Could Caitlin Clark or Sherly Swoopes play for the San Antonio Spurs? Probably not.
But what if we are talking about Vanderbilt or Arkansas St?
Stephen F Austin or Tarleton St?

This is where the discussion gets interesting.
What would you be willing to do to add additional shooting talent to your team?

It's actually not interesting. Any basketball player on scholarship at any school you mentioned would shut her down. And she'd foul out quickly guarding them.

We practiced a few times against the women's team back in my day. They couldn't even get the ball down the court IF we played real defense.
Agthatbuilds
That was in response to tuning in just to watch cute girls play sports
greg.w.h
AG
The unwillingness of Ashton Kutcher's dumb sock to accept it won't be competitive is just trolling. But remember Billie Jean King did beat Bobby Riggs at the Astrodome.

Riggs beat Margaret Court who would end the season ranked at #1 in a two-game sweep in May of 1973. Then Billie Jean King finally agreed to play him for a $100,000 appearance fee and won in a three-game sweep. Riggs was 55. Court was 30. King was 29.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)
Agthatbuilds
https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/08/billie-jean-kings-battle-of-the-sexes-win-reportedly-rigged
greg.w.h
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/08/billie-jean-kings-battle-of-the-sexes-win-reportedly-rigged
Probably not. Did you watch it? I did.
Agthatbuilds
I mean, if you want to compare a female goat who's half the age of a good but not goat of men's tennis in a competition to Clark's potential of contributing to a ncaa men's team, have at it.

I dont think it says what you think it says
Zachary Klement
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

She'd get dominated by Hefner. Stop the madness.
No.
Agthatbuilds
Yes.
Zachary Klement
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Yes.
Have you watched Hayden Hefner play?
Frag
AG
Yes, and she could not score on him if he was trying.

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes.
Agthatbuilds
Yes. It's relative.

greg.w.h
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I mean, if you want to compare a female goat who's half the age of a good but not goat of men's tennis in a competition to Clark's potential of contributing to a ncaa men's team, have at it.

I dont think it says what you think it says
He was highly ranked when he was active. But the age difference didn't affect him against Court. I'm not arguing anything. I'm offering a meaningful counterexample. You can disagree with it, dismiss it, or consider it. That reveals your character not mine.
Zachary Klement
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

I respect the confidence in a guy who has managed to shoot 25% from the field and 17% from three and has an impressive 15-12 turnover-to-field goal ratio in conference play.

My thoughts on this subject are based on how bad he is, more than how great she is.
DTP02
AG
Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

I respect the confidence in a guy who has managed to shoot 25% from the field and 17% from three and has an impressive 15-12 turnover-to-field goal ratio in conference play.

My thoughts on this subject are based on how bad he is, more than how great she is.

This is just silly and incredibly insulting to Hefner. Hefner isn't good enough to play much on a good team but he's shown that he's good enough to make some plays against D-1 men's basketball players.

But he'd be an absolute elite, dominant athletic giant in women's ball. There has never been a women's basketball player with the combination of size and athleticism Hefner has, not even close. Don't believe me? Go google the "best or most athletic women's dunks ever." He'd hold Clark scoreless if he was going all out.

As a point of comparison, Hefner would be by far the most talented player on any male practice squad we've ever had for our women's team, and that team regularly handled our women's national championship team with ease.

The gulf of talent between men's and women's basketball players is enormous.

Be better than this.
Zachary Klement
AG
DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

This is just silly and incredibly insulting to Hefner. Hefner isn't good enough to play much on a good team but he's shown that he's good enough to make some plays against D-1 men's basketball players.

But he'd be an absolute elite, dominant athletic giant in women's ball. There has never been a women's basketball player with the combination of size and athleticism Hefner has, not even close. Don't believe me? Go google the "best or most athletic women's dunks ever." He'd hold Clark scoreless if he was going all out.

As a point of comparison, Hefner would be by far the most talented player on any male practice squad we've ever had for our women's team, and that team regularly handled our women's national championship team with ease.

Be better than this.
How is posting his stat line insulting? Because it proves he sucks?
jphelmet
AG
Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes.

Have you seen him play against a 6' 150 lb girl? He would look like Michael Jordan.
Zachary Klement
AG
jphelmet said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes.

Have you seen him play against a 6' 150 lb girl? He would look like Michael Jordan.

Hefner couldn't resemble Michael Jordan in an empty gym.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
a better question is if you put Hefner on A&M's womens team, what would he average and how big would they win the NC?
Zachary Klement
AG
Atreides Ornithopter said:

a better question is if you put Hefner on A&M's womens team, what would he average and how big would they win the NC?
Do y'all just think every man is just inherently stronger or better than every woman or something like that?

I think your average male college basketball player would be head and shoulders above the top women's players, but seems ridiculous to me to think it's impossible that one of the best women's player of all time couldn't be better than someone on the men's side who isn't even replacement level.
DTP02
AG
Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

Be better than this.

You used to be a TexAgs intern, right? Yikes.

Your comments about Hefner are ridiculous. He's good enough to play an a possible NCAA tourney team and make plays against P5 players.

He's fast, stronger, more explosive and much longer than Clark or any girl who's ever guarded Clark. He would absolutely dog her.

It's pretty clear you've never seen guys and girls playing where you can compare them directly.

You disregard entirely the repeated proven result of male practice team players, none of which are even good enough to walk on for the men's team, dominating women's teams, and somehow think that a guy who's several levels above that would struggle. You are completely detached from reality on this.
Agthatbuilds
Is this a real comment?

Every player and person eventually meets their level of incompetence.

Hefner might not be good enough for sec level men's basketball. Put him on SFA and you might see a totally different player.

Acie law is one of our goats. He could do everything. Couldn't do much in the league. He met his level.

Same with Clark. She is a women's college basketball goat. There's absolutely no way she would outplay Hefner in any competitive game. Except maybe horse
Profectus
DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

Be better than this.

Your comments about Hefner are ridiculous. He's good enough to play an a possible NCAA tourney team and make plays against P5 players.

He's fast, stronger, more explosive and much longer than Clark or any girl who's ever guarded Clark. He would absolutely dog her.

It's pretty clear you've never seen guys and girls playing where you can compare them directly.

You disregard entirely the repeated proven result of male practice team players, none of which are even good enough to walk on for the men's team, dominating women's teams, and somehow think that a guy who's several levels above that would struggle. You are completely detached from reality on this.

You're having an off day dude. Maybe take a break and stop attacking people. You're usually better than this.
JJxvi
AG
Talent can be expected to follow a normal distribution.

Hefner is not "replacement level" when compared to the entire population of all men. He is in the 99+% of all basketball players. Now she is even better than that compared to women, like I dunno 99.9999999% or whatever. So on each curve (curve for women and curve for men) they are very close to each other at the far right.

If you think she is equal to him, that implies you think the distribution of female basketball players just needs to be nudged left a tiny amount to make her equal to him (so that 99.9999999% on the womens curve is in the same place as 99% on the mens curve). That would imply that there is very little difference in the curves for men and women, and therefore that the bottom half of men would only be slightly shifted by the same amount compared to the bottom half of women also.

This is clearly not the case. The middle of the mens curve (the average male player) is shifted very far right compared to the middle of the womens curve (the average female player). Take a girl who was worse than half of all girls and better than half of all girls… What percentage of men would beat her? A very large amount, not sure exactly but 75%, 80%, 90%? A lot of them.

This implies that actually if you overlap the two curves, then the leftmost tail of the mens curve is where the womens central peak is. And since both populations can be expected to be distributed the same way, it also implies that the far right of both curves where the elite are, including Clark and Hefner, are also shifted very far apart by the same amount the middle would be, and therefore Clark would be better than a significant number of men (recreational players) but competitive mens players would not be close to her.
Zachary Klement
AG
DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

Be better than this.

Yikes! I was not an intern.

I'm not sure what is ridiculous about posting his stat line. If you are offended I said he sucks, we can change that to "he isn't good." I am not sure what else I am supposed to think about a guy who hits a quarter of his shots, has more turnovers than field goals made, and shoots 17% from three.

He's stronger, more explosive, and much longer than Wade Taylor. Would your boy dog him, too?

Did those guys practice against one of the best women's players ever? I do not understand how people think it is inconceivable that a girl who averages 33 points a game and shoots 40% from three could be better than a guy who is a net negative. You disregard the premise of her being the sole female player on an all men's team, not a group of five guys versus five girls. I don't even feel that strongly convicted as to whether she would be decent or serviceable on a men's roster; I am just very open to the idea that she could be better than Hef because that wouldn't take much.
DTP02
AG
Profectus said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

Be better than this.

You're having an off day dude. Maybe take a break and stop attacking people. You're usually better than this.

I'm talking to a guy who reps/repped the TexAgs brand who repeatedly "attacks" a current Aggie basketballl player, and the closest thing I said which could be remotely considered an "attack" is that he's completely detached from reality on this subject, which is a pretty objective statement.
Zachary Klement
AG
Profectus said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

Be better than this.

Who am I attacking?
Zachary Klement
AG
DTP02 said:

Profectus said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

Be better than this.

I'm talking to a guy who reps/repped the TexAgs brand who repeatedly "attacks" a current Aggie basketballl player, and the closest thing I said which could be remotely considered an "attack" is that he's completely detached from reality on this subject, which is a pretty objective statement.
I didn't think you were attacking me.

I also don't think I was attacking Hefner.
DTP02
AG
Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

Be better than this.

I'm not sure what is ridiculous about posting his stat line. If you are offended I said he sucks, we can change that to "he isn't good." I am not sure what else I am supposed to think about a guy who hits a quarter of his shots, has more turnovers than field goals made, and shoots 17% from three.

He's stronger, more explosive, and much longer than Wade Taylor. Would your boy dog him, too?

Did those guys practice against one of the best women's players ever? I do not understand how people think it is inconceivable that a girl who averages 33 points a game and shoots 40% from three could be better than a guy who is a net negative. You disregard the premise of her being the sole female player on an all men's team, not a group of five guys versus five girls. I don't even feel that strongly convicted as to whether she would be decent or serviceable on a men's roster; I am just very open to the idea that she could be better than Hef because that wouldn't take much.

Employee instead of intern? Makes no difference as to the point. Not a good look for the brand.

The men's practice squad practiced against all-American women's players, tourney MVPs, and all-conference players. And dominated them. If you want to say Clark is a couple levels above that, Hefner is a few levels above guys who couldn't even walk on for us.

And call it what you will, but in addition to your other posts on this thread, the guy posting these is extremely and very personally critical of Hefner (and seemingly no one else who either plays or doesn't play for us):

Quote:

With the level of mental toughness he has, not sure he is capable of dominating anyone.

Quote:

I am convinced that Caitlin Clark would be a huge upgrade over Hefner.

Quote:

There are definitely guys at the rec who could work him.

Quote:

Gentlemen, we just witnessed a Hayden Hefner MASTERCLASS.

Half court pass, off the mark, out of bounds. Turnover on Hefner.

LSU's ensuing possession, Hefner gets shook on defense, LSU hits a three in his face.

Following possession, Hefner ANSWERS with a brick off the front of the iron.

The form he's in right now is truly incredible.

I woild guess there's a lot more. That's just some of the posts that showed up when clicking on your name for recent posts.

Zachary Klement
AG
DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

Be better than this.

Employee instead of intern? Makes no difference as to the point. Not a good look for the brand.

The men's team practiced against all-American women's players, tourney MVPs, and all-conference players. And dominated them.

And call it what you will, but the guy posting this stuff has an unhealthy fixation on and is extremely and very personally critical of Hefner, and seemingly no one else who either plays or doesn't play for us:

Quote:

Know Your Enemy said:
She'd get dominated by Hefner. Stop the madness.

With the level of mental toughness he has, not sure he is capable of dominating anyone.

Quote:

I am convinced that Caitlin Clark would be a huge upgrade over Hefner.

Quote:

There are definitely guys at the rec who could work him.

Quote:

Gentlemen, we just witnessed a Hayden Hefner MASTERCLASS.

Half court pass, off the mark, out of bounds. Turnover on Hefner.

LSU's ensuing possession, Hefner gets shook on defense, LSU hits a three in his face.

Following possession, Hefner ANSWERS with a brick off the front of the iron.

The form he's in right now is truly incredible.

I assume there's a lot more. That's just some of the posts that showed up when clicking on your name for recent posts.

I no longer work for TexAgs. My opinions do not reflect theirs. I am merely a fan of Aggie athletics on this forum.

How is that personally critical?

I am sure he is a good guy. I just do not think he is good at basketball.

Are posts about firing Buzz or Jimbo personal attacks?
Agthatbuilds
Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

DTP02 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. It's relative.

Be better than this.

Because it's not the same game. It's not the same level.

The numbers don't mean anything.
Agthatbuilds
He's clearly good at basketball. Otherwise, he wouldn't be here. He might not be good enough to excel at this level, but, he didn't get here by being a scrub. Not a single player in all of d1 basketball is a scrub on their own.
Zachary Klement
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

He's clearly good at basketball. Otherwise, he wouldn't be here. He might not be good enough to excel at this level, but, he didn't get here by being a scrub. Not a single player in all of d1 basketball is a scrub on their own.
Okay sure, he is good compared to the average human being as many have pointed out on this thread…but he isn't a good d1 basketball player.

A surgeon is objectively a better doctor than 99.999% of the planet, but if a surgeon killed 5 people on the operating table, would we call him a good doctor because he is capable of getting to a place most of us can't? I wouldn't think so. Generally we are judged against our contemporaries in our field. Hefner, relative to most other d1 basketball players is bad.

I have said it multiple times but he's shot 25% from the field, 17% from three, and has more turnovers than fields goals in SEC play. On top of that, he has a negative +/- in SEC play. You are not going to convince me that the guy is good. I don't get why so many people feel the need to act like he is something he very clearly is not.
Agthatbuilds
Zachary Klement said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Okay sure, he is good compared to the average human being as many have pointed out on this thread…but he isn't a good d1 basketball player.

A surgeon is objectively a better doctor than 99.999% of the planet, but if a surgeon killed 5 people on the operating table, would we call him a good doctor because he is capable of getting to a place most of us can't? I wouldn't think so. Generally we are judged against our contemporaries in our field. Hefner, relative to most other d1 basketball players is bad.

I have said it multiple times but he's shot 25% from the field, 17% from three, and has more turnovers than fields goals in SEC play. On top of that, he has a negative +/- in SEC play. You are not going to convince me that the guy is good. I don't get why so many people feel the need to act like he is something he very clearly is not.

Most other d1 *men's* basketball players
eATMup-Reveille
The more notoriety Women's College Basketball achieves, the higher the odds that some PUKE male (or former male) will come along and begin dominating them and be celebrated by the NCAA.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.