How would Caitlin Clark fare in Men's hoops?

26,049 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Fanatic15...Drs2B!
EliteZags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried to watch a couple min of the game:

4 possessions
5 missed layups
7 total players falling down for no reason

And that's enough wbb for the year
hph6203
AG
Turned it on to watch the last 40 seconds and saw a fumbled rebound out of bounds off a missed free throw and decided I made the correct choice in not caring.
TyHolden
AG
I didn't know they were playing tonight. I really wanted to watch this.
_lefraud_
AG
Was the 3pt line the same distance on both ends?
Iowaggie
AG
TyHolden
AG
slatermikan
Southlake said:

Burns= John Pinone
Damn! Extra credit for that one!
slatermikan
EliteZags said:

Tried to watch a couple min of the game:

4 possessions
5 missed layups
7 total players falling down for no reason

And that's enough wbb for the year
The falling down thing is so prevalent
Texas A&M
Good for Iowa. Poor form by LSU.

Know Your Enemy
AG

Settle down, patriots. It was their ultra conservative head coach that had them elsewhere for the anthem, not the loudmouth, non-white players that threaten your entire existence.
Texas A&M
And you believe her.. as they say, I've got a bridge to sell you.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Texas A&M said:

And you believe her.. as they say, I've got a bridge to sell you.

You clearly know nothing about who Kim Mulkey is.
bobinator
AG
He loves to be offended by teams not being on the floor for the anthem.
Aston04
AG
Watching the game last night - it was laughable how many times she was left open by the female guarding her. Ball screens went often unhedged, the defender would not fight hard enough through a pick, at times she would "blow by" the defender, and/or the defender would forget to just face guard her and get lost in help defense.

Assuming she could shoot a men's ball near the same - she would not be getting those looks in a men's game. And her on defense would be a huge problem.

Amazing women's player though.
jja79
AG
She's a great passer too.

Not sure why people can't just appreciate someone that is great at their sport and not try to project.

I was in a sport bar in Phoenix last night and every big screen in the place was on that game even though the DBacks and Suns were both playing.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
jja79 said:

Not sure why people can't just appreciate someone that is great at their sport and not try to project.

I was in a sport bar in Phoenix last night and every big screen in the place was on that game even though the DBacks and Suns were both playing.

Good indicator of how ****ty of a product the NBA is now. I'd watch college women's sports over that trash any day of the week.
Know Your Enemy
AG
bobinator said:

I feel bad for snowflakes like that. He should probably find a safe space far away from reality.
Method Man
Americans should stand for the anthem. Americans have the right to not stand for the anthem. People have the right to judge those people. People have a right to judge the people that judge the people who don't stand for the anthem. Fin.
bobinator
AG
Oh that's "fin" huh? You don't think people have a right to judge the people that judge the people that judge the people who don't stand for the anthem? Wow. Communist.
carl spacklers hat
Judging people that judge people is fine. But, if you start judging the people that judge the people that judge people, then that's one step too far. Its gone full circle. You're judging yourself.

As far as the OP is concerned, CC is a great player, in the women's sport. She would get smoked playing with men at any level higher than high school. Doesn't diminish the fact she's a great player, but her greatness is achieved playing against the same sex. Trying to relate that to the men's game is silly.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Method Man
Don't you dare!!!!
jja79
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

jja79 said:

Good indicator of how ****ty of a product the NBA is now. I'd watch college women's sports over that trash any day of the week.

It was the most watched basketball game 9n ESPN since game 7 of the 2018 Eastern Conference Finals with LeBron Cavaliers against the Celtics.
WaldoWings
jja79 said:

Her passing is usually outstanding! My
wife watches wbb. i don't usually care about it, but CC is really something special to watch, and I will watch a little if it's on because she is in the game. I can't imagine she would be more than a sideshow in the NBA, but not because she isn't phenomenal, but because she is not hulking, muscular behemoth like 99% of NBA players are. They are all too big and fast for her to have a chance.
Texas A&M
bobinator said:

Nope. I just choose not to support those who cave to the BLM crowd. Our baseball team is a completely different story.... thankfully.
Texas A&M
jja79 said:

I was able to watch the 2nd half of last night's game. That's the first time I've watched that much of women's game since our team won their title. She is fun to watch, and she definitely makes those around her better.
greg.w.h
AG
Texas A&M said:

bobinator said:

Nope. I just choose not to support those who cave to the BLM crowd. Our baseball team is a completely different story.... thankfully.
I wonder if there is a visible reason the teams behaved differently. Because there is zero chance the coaches were given the latitude to make a team policy that was different than the university's.
PatAg
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

jja79 said:

lol, the NBA is doing fine with you
warreng
There is no way she could play in the NBA. Just too much size difference. That's not to say she would never score but she couldn't be a legitimate player. The big 3 thing against men I do think could be interesting though. With only 3 there is allot of extra space on the court and no 7ft big man standing around the bucket when you drive. Plus its all old NBA guys or not quite NBA guys and its not like they are giving NBA playoff defensive effort plus add to that they give you 4 points for a deep 3. I don't think she would dominate or even be one of the best players but I think in that situation it would be interesting to watch, at least on offense. On defense she would get cooked by the worst big 3 player but lets be honest no one is playing much defense in that league anyway, at least the 15 minutes or so of it I have watched.
TyHolden
AG
8pm tomorrow....
EliteZags
AG
warreng said:

There is no way she could play in the NBA. Just too much size difference. That's not to say she would never score but she couldn't be a legitimate player. The big 3 thing against men I do think could be interesting though. With only 3 there is allot of extra space on the court and no 7ft big man standing around the bucket when you drive. Plus its all old NBA guys or not quite NBA guys and its not like they are giving NBA playoff defensive effort plus add to that they give you 4 points for a deep 3. I don't think she would dominate or even be one of the best players but I think in that situation it would be interesting to watch, at least on offense. On defense she would get cooked by the worst big 3 player but lets be honest no one is playing much defense in that league anyway, at least the 15 minutes or so of it I have watched.

that's a lot of words to say she'd score due to ratings, the big 3 is pretty much the professional wrestling of basketball
TyHolden
AG
TyHolden said:

8pm tomorrow....
Kellso
Is there any college baseball player of the past 30 years that was a bigger star than Caitlin Clark?
TyHolden
AG
Kellso said:

Is there any college baseball player of the past 30 years that was a bigger star than Caitlin Clark?
college baseball, probably not. college basketball, maybe. nobody comes to mind though.

edit: maybe zion from duke. he got a lot of pub.
bobinator
AG
There's been a few in college basketball that could be close, but it's a different era now with the NIL stuff.

Clark is on like every other commercial break in the men's tournament.

But had that been around... Reddick, Hansbrough, Morrison, Wade, maybe Walker.

There's been better players than those guys, but I think the recipe for true stardom involves being in the college game for several years. People have to know you're a star going into the season if you're going to transcend the college game.
_lefraud_
AG
Good point about NIL.

Diana Taurasi would have been just as big as Clark has been the past two years with NIL back in the day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.