Official 2024 Coaching Carousel Thread

23,275 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Iowaggie
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just like the sip football HC. But there is so much baggage that goes along with the job. So at what point does it. It become the best job?

But somebody is about to hit the UK lottery and get some crazy ass contract
bobinator
AG
I say this any time people start talking about "best job." Every job is only as good as the person that has it. And not every coach views jobs the same way. But from the standpoint of whether the school will give this person the tools to compete at the highest level AND reward them if they do, Kentucky is in a class with only a couple other schools like Kansas and North Carolina.
CapCityAg89
AG
Add Duke and that's it.
SeattleAg05
AG
I'd put Kansas in that category. Otherwise agreed.
Aldo the Apache
AG
Aldo the Apache said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Oates?
Oates already said no, put out a statement. He could always change his mind, but doubtful.

UK groups are saying they've lobbed a silly offer to Hurley, but he's been very vocal about staying at UConn.

Do they try Bruce Pearl? Maybe Mark Pope at BYU? Sean Miller would be a controversial pick but who knows at this point.

Big picture, it looks like they're striking out on the top of the "Big Board," which as an outside party is kind of fun to watch.

Well, there it is

CapCityAg89
AG
Well. He's probably sober.
Iowaggie
AG
BYU got their Young

DatTallArchitect
AG
I wonder if he's part of Brigham Young's lineage. Brigham had a ton of wives and kids.
Iowaggie
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

I wonder if he's part of Brigham Young's lineage. Brigham had a ton of wives and kids.

Whenver I see a BYU person with that last name, I always assume that to be true. He didn't attend BYU, but he was born there, he's a Mormon and while wife #1 is from Omaha, wife #2 is from Provo and #3 is still a student at BYU, so I guess all signs point to Yes.
Iowaggie
AG
(to be clear, I made up that info on his 3 wives, just some week LDS humor)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.