***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

249,141 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by petebaker
AggieNiebs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
70-35 since 2017..... just saying

P.S. if your feelings get hurt easily, probably best to stay away from this thread
All I do is Nguyen

No matter what
Ag_07
AG
Just here to say F the Rangers...That's all.

jah003
S
Watch your backs…
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Silent For Too Long
I would like to start off by thanking little bro for keeping the AL West throne warm while we shook off the rust of yet another World Championship celebration. Playing until November every year takes a lot out of a team, not that any of the good people of Arlington would know anything about that.

Also, congratulations are in order for pulling yourself from mediocrity to just standing in big Brothers shadow. You'll never be the giants the Astros are, sure, but AL West 2nd place and being in the Wild Card picture is very impressive for such a small market team.

Got tickets for Labor Day weekend. Gonna take my boy to 6 flags and then show him Minute Maid North. See you fine gentleman there.
Hornbeck
One game back now. YORDAN is coming for ya.
jah003
S
Cromagnum
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

I would like to start off by thanking little bro for keeping the AL West throne warm while we shook off the rust of yet another World Championship celebration. Playing until November every year takes a lot out of a team, not that any of the good people of Arlington would know anything about that.

Also, congratulations are in order for pulling yourself from mediocrity to just standing in big Brothers shadow. You'll never be the giants the Astros are, sure, but AL West 2nd place and being in the Wild Card picture is very impressive for such a small market team.

Got tickets for Labor Day weekend. Gonna take my boy to 6 flags and then show him Minute Maid North. See you fine gentleman there.

Username checks the **** out.
BryanAggie2013
AG
The team who's fan base is 5 years starved for success, that no one expected to compete is in 1st for the first 2 months of the season (including taking the first series in the other's park) and no one feels the need to post here.

The team that's coming off their first legit championship and everyone had marked as a favorite again gets themselves in second but a closer second and starts needing the validation and to see if everyone is noticing them.

I think we can finally put to bed which fan base has the little brother complex…
Farmer1906
AG
Cool cool. You claim this weird fanbase moral victory.

I'll enjoy the 2017 Championship, 2018 ALCS, 2019 WS, 2020 ALCS, 2021 WS, & 2022 Championship.

Deal?
Red Five
AG
BryanAggie2013 said:

The team who's fan base is 5 years starved for success, that no one expected to compete is in 1st for the first 2 months of the season (including taking the first series in the other's park) and no one feels the need to post here.

The team that's coming off their first legit championship and everyone had marked as a favorite again gets themselves in second but a closer second and starts needing the validation and to see if everyone is noticing them.

I think we can finally put to bed which fan base has the little brother complex…
This is a weird attempted flex from a fan of a team that has never won a championship.
gigem1223
AggieNiebs said:

Since 2017

Is that when you became an Astros fan?

69-57 Rangers
Ag_07
AG
BryanAggie2013 said:

gigem1223
Your offense is still a steaming pile of ***** Back to 2 games back you go.
South Platte
gigem1223 said:

I guess we're really gonna do this on a game by game basis now.
jkag89
gigem1223 said:

You know how I know its been awhile since Arlington has won a damn thing. You are scoreboard watching in May.
gigem1223
jkag89 said:

gigem1223 said:

You know how I know its been awhile since Arlington has won a damn thing. You are scoreboard watching in May.

Your brethren started this ****….I didn't see you calling them out
jkag89
What is more likely to get straightened out? The Astros offensive woes or the Rangers bull pen woes?

Keep looking over you shoulder.
gigem1223
jkag89 said:

What is more likely to get straightened out? The Astros offensive woes or the Rangers bull pen woes?

Considering it's easier/cheaper to address the bullpen at the deadline I like our chances. Nice first base investment btw..
Grapesoda2525
jkag89 said:

The Astros thread is filled with non stop incessant whining about "dusty, maldy, and abreu". Dusty helped win your only legitimate championship in the eyes of other MLB teams and he saved you from hiring Jeff banister who is a total meathead.

The guy deserves way more respect than you guys give him.
kb2001
AG
Ranger fans are excited, they should be, best start in a long time. Astros fans are frustrated, they should be, 6 years of running the AL spoils you. Success and excitement for the Rangers is 2 games better than frustration and disappointment for the Astros.

It's actually kind of cute to watch Ranger fans, like watching a 5 year old riding without the training wheels for the first time, knowing a fall is coming, but just watching them enjoy the moment while they have it.
jkag89
Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

The Astros thread is filled with non stop incessant whining about "dusty, maldy, and abreu". Dusty helped win your only legitimate championship in the eyes of other MLB teams and he saved you from hiring Jeff banister who is a total meathead.

The guy deserves way more respect than you guys give him.
I don't disagree that there is far too much weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth about Dusty and Maldy. While the unceasing Abreu caterwauling is more than a little annoying, it is more or less the typical fair you see when the big free agent signing gets off to a very poor start especially when there were popular and less expensive options that could have been resigned (either Yuli or Mancini).

As kb2001 points out in his posts, while both teams are off to somewhat the equal start, Astro fans are exasperated because we've been spoiled by success while Ranger fans are excited at the possibilities after a long stretch of er, disappointment. From my perspective .the "rivalry" is more fun if both teams are competitive, well as long as the 'Stros come out on top in the long run. Either way it should be a fun season, and that is what this game is about. This game is fun, damn it! Fun!
Ag_07
AG
gigem1223 said:

HANG THE BANNER!!!!
South Platte
Silent For Too Long
gigem1223 said:

Yeah Lil bro, we have:

The best hitter in baseball
2 mvps
2 all stars/mvp top 5 finishers

1 of those mvps is slumping hard and the other just came off injury.

However, I think they have a much better chance of coming together then you bullpen which currently consists of:

Jack

I'll take our chances, personally.
Silent For Too Long
Awe, grapesoda reads our thread.

You can be an honary Astros Buddy, grapesoda. We'll even throw in a bag of Scooby Snacks for ya, iykwim.
gigem1223
jkag89 said:

Rangers bullpen with the save and the Astros shutout for the 19th straight inning by the Brewers elite staff.
PatriotAg02
AG
Let me see.........yep started by a Disastros fan. Typical.
Marvin
AG
gigem1223 said:

jkag89 said:

Rangers bullpen with the save and the Astros shutout for the 19th straight inning by the Brewers elite staff.

You better call out those Rangerette saves when they happen. That pen blows more than a truck stop hooker.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
gigem1223
No argument here
jkag89
gigem1223 said:

jkag89 said:

I lost the internets!

Still a long way to go before Arlington can lay claim to the AL West.

rocky_ag
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Feel like this meme template is a pretty accurate representation of Houston sports fans vs. DFW sports fans.
Farmer1906
AG
Let me get this straight. You're using all-time records and population size as trash talk? At least be accurate if you're going to make such a sad meme.

This took maybe 30 seconds to google and paste.
Quote:

Houston Metro Area Population 1950-2023
1.58% Growth Rate

Dallas-Fort Worth Metro Area Population 1950-2023
1.33% Growth Rate
ChipFTAC01
AG
This is a dumb line of smack but the DFW MSA is 7.9MM and the Houston msa is 7.3. Honestly I thought they both were closer to Chicago in 3rd (9.4MM) but maybe I was remembering them both blowing by Philly (6.2mm).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.