***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

250,793 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We care about football more when we can't win the division.

FRAUDS.
Silent For Too Long
Quincey P. Morris said:

The D said:

Still laughing at the rangers

I'm just laughing at all this crowing over the division coming down to the last day of the season against a team that's supposedly vastly inferior.

Your laughing that your team choked away the division against a down year Astros team?

Um. Grats?
fullback44
AG
I think both of these teams will find it hard to advance to the final, both have issues and the NL has 2 -100 plus win teams …. But both need to play the games and let the chips fall, anything could happen to either team
BMX Bandit
gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I know it's meaningless but 'stros looking to catch Arlington's run differential soon. Leave no doubt.

It was a good run
Can we get an update on that pursuit?

How bout an updated fangraphs' playoff and division winner chart?

Did you ever find this?
BMX Bandit
FriscoKid said:

Bag said:

The Rangers season went south when they lost the stud third baseman, it can be mapping almost directly to that, was a huge loss

Bump

Bumped
Mathguy64
AG
gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I know it's meaningless but 'stros looking to catch Arlington's run differential soon. Leave no doubt.

It was a good run
Can we get an update on that pursuit?

How bout an updated fangraphs' playoff and division winner chart?
No problem. Always happy to help a brother out.

Furlock Bones
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

The D said:

I'm just laughing at all this crowing over the division coming down to the last day of the season against a team that's supposedly vastly inferior.

Your laughing that your team choked away the division against a down year Astros team?

Um. Grats?

He means to say he's crying like the rest of those doofuses that spent all year puffing out their bird chests.
Farmer1906
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

The D said:

There it is. One hell of a moral victory you have there.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
No moral victory. We lost. Still comical watching y'all act like the Rangers have been at full strength while you won the division with one hand tied behind your back.
Farmer1906
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

No moral victory. We lost. Still comical watching y'all act like the Rangers have been at full strength while you won the division with one hand tied behind your back.
You literally claimed another moral victory while denying one.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
If you say so.
Silent For Too Long
Quincey P. Morris said:

We went 2 and 7 against Oakland and the Royals and still slept walked our way to the banner while ya'll had your best season in 7 years only to still fall short.

It stings. I know. 2016 stung. You mother ****ers went like 32 and 0 in one run games while we slapp dicked around to barely above 500.

But then 2017 happened and we proceeded to become one of the most dominant franchises in recent mlb history.

Maybe next year?
Grapesoda2525
Congrats on your division title.

I think most ranger fans are happy with improving 30 games over last season and ending the playoff drought.
Grapesoda2525
Silent For Too Long said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

We went 2 and 7 against Oakland and the Royals and still slept walked our way to the banner while ya'll had your best season in 7 years only to still fall short.

It stings. I know. 2016 stung. You mother ****ers went like 32 and 0 in one run games while we slapp dicked around to barely above 500.

But then 2017 happened and we proceeded to become one of the most dominant franchise mlb history.

Maybe next year?
We were never winning anything with Jeff banister as manager. Banny fell in love with players like Carlos Gomes, roughened odor, and delino deshields.

Cmon now.
Furlock Bones
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

so the Astros were at full strength this season? Or is it more likely another Johnny come lately rangers fan has no idea what he's talking about and is just another bitter little dork.
Silent For Too Long
Of course. It's q big step. A full healthy Rangers with this roster could be nasty. Both fanbases just gotta hope for the best next year.

But if we both manage to be fully healthy the AL West is gonna be nasty in 24.
Project Gemini
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Congrats on your division title.

I think most ranger fans are happy with improving 30 games over last season and ending the playoff drought.
Full throated *****ing and complaining about umpires, Arizona's lineup, and fragile pitchers is a funny way of being happy.
Cromagnum
AG
So what in flight movies are showing for that long haul from Seattle to Tampa ?
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

The D said:

I laugh at the "we would have won the division going away if not for the injuries" comments. Most teams dealt with injuries. They say deGrom, I'll give you McCullers. They say Jung, I'll give you Alvarez. They say Heim, I'll give you Altuve. They say Eovaldi, I'll give you Urquidy. And I still have Garcia and Brantley to throw on the table... all expected starters. The Dodgers, Braves, Orioles, Rays... everyone had to overcome injuries, so while playing the "what if" game might be cathartic, it's a zero-sum exercise.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

so the Astros were at full strength this season? Or is it more likely another Johnny come lately rangers fan has no idea what he's talking about and is just another bitter little dork.

Try to keep up. I already acknowledged your injuries. I'm well aware you lost Altuve, Alvarez, Brantley, never had McCullers, among others I'm sure I've forgotten about.
Marvin
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

No one said that. We did say that everyone dealt with injuries (see my post above) so that argument amounts to a steaming pile of so-what.
Grapesoda2525
Cromagnum said:

Gone with the wind, broke back mountain, titanic, and Hannah Montana episodes in between.
Marvin
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Cromagnum said:

Gone with the wind, broke back mountain, titanic, and Hannah Montana episodes in between.

Haha, glad to see you looking at the bright side this morning. Enjoy October baseball and hopefully our teams meet up in the ALCS with a week of angst and abject nausea on the menu.
Cromagnum
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Cromagnum said:

LOL. Looks like the flight is only 5.5 hours, but goes through 3 time zones. That's pretty rough after being on the road through Aneheim without a stop home, and then having to go to Baltimore with a win over the Rays.

Grapesoda2525
Cromagnum said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Cromagnum said:

LOL. Looks like the flight is only 5.5 hours, but goes through 3 time zones. That's pretty rough after being on the road through Aneheim without a stop home, and then having to go to Baltimore with a win over the Rays.

They could be watching it on 2.0 speed. Extra tissues for Jonah heim because he looks emo.
Bag
AG
craziest ending to a season I can remember in a very long time
Prosperdick
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

The D said:

I laugh at the "we would have won the division going away if not for the injuries" comments. Most teams dealt with injuries. They say deGrom, I'll give you McCullers. They say Jung, I'll give you Alvarez. They say Heim, I'll give you Altuve. They say Eovaldi, I'll give you Urquidy. And I still have Garcia and Brantley to throw on the table... all expected starters. The Dodgers, Braves, Orioles, Rays... everyone had to overcome injuries, so while playing the "what if" game might be cathartic, it's a zero-sum exercise.

We also were without our incredible hitting catcher for half the season....oh wait, that was Dusty's fault.
frenchtoast
Congrats on winning the division, Astros! Sorry this is not trash talk.
GoodBullShark
AG
I'm just surprised the tiddy baby Rangers fans haven't gotten this forum shut down or Astros fans kicked off. Enjoy Tampa.
BadAggie
AG
GoodBullShark said:

I'm just surprised the tiddy baby Rangers fans haven't gotten this forum shut down or Astros fans kicked off. Enjoy Tampa.

They seem to want to talk shtt without getting appropriate feedback. Then again most people are like that.
Harry Dunne
frenchtoast said:

Congrats on winning the division, Astros! Sorry this is not trash talk.
better watch out or rangers fans are going to get you banned for being too classy.
XXXVII

Philip J Fry
AG
We are only talking about the rangers choking because of how the Astros played against the worst teams in the league the past few weeks. Otherwise, we would have wrapped up the division a week ago.
Bag
AG
all the butthurt on this thread from both sides is what makes sports great.

I look forward to this rivalry for many years to come. It will never reach Giants Dodgers level of hate, but we can all at least try to get it there
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Not trash here... But I personally hope the Rangers get past the Rays and Orioles. Stros vs Rangers for the ALCS would be awesome.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.