***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

250,800 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
frenchtoast said:

Cheatin Astros can't get quite over the hump. So close.

2010 and 2011 are holding on line 1 and 2
South Platte
Quite the banter on this thread tonight. Might be time for

option short side
AG
jkag89 said:

option short side said:

jkag89 said:

Certainly now see why the Rangers have such a large run differential in their favor after this series.

The Astros tend to play up (or down) to their competition. Anyways it should be a fun last two months of the season.
Hope this is sarcasm
Hardly. Over the scope of the current 'Stros run they have played very well against better teams. I'm not saying they did not win their share against the lesser teams but they often looked lack luster and disinterested (see the Rockies and A's series before this one). What they have done since the the Break is win or split series. If they average that the rest of the way I like their chances.
lol. I know we all are a little biased for our teams but try taking off the astros tinted glasses every know and then
Wabs
AG
I'll give it to the Ranger fans. They talk some decent (and consistent) smack for never winning Jack ***** Impressive no doubt.
kb2001
AG
Marvin said:

Hi, Im Brett said:

LOL at Semien playing tough guy. He looks like Lil Sweet

This might be the funniest comment of the night.
Lil Sweet nickname will stick, it sums him up perfectly
BadAggie
AG
maca1028 said:

frenchtoast said:

Cheatin Astros can't get quite over the hump. So close.

2010 and 2011 are holding on line 1 and 2

Lol. Ranger fan having wet dreams about losing series in July says it all.
gigem1223
jkag89 said:

option short side said:

jkag89 said:

Certainly now see why the Rangers have such a large run differential in their favor after this series.

The Astros tend to play up (or down) to their competition. Anyways it should be a fun last two months of the season.
Hope this is sarcasm
Hardly. Over the scope of the current 'Stros run they have played very well against better teams. I'm not saying they did not win their share against the lesser teams but they often looked lack luster and disinterested (see the Rockies and A's series before this one). What they have done since the the Break is win or split series. If they average that the rest of the way I like their chances.

What? You're literally above .500 because of your record against the worst teams in the league. (A's, Nats, Rockies)
bearkatag15
AG
gigem1223 said:

jkag89 said:

option short side said:

jkag89 said:

Hope this is sarcasm

What? You're literally above .500 because of your record against the worst teams in the league. (A's, Nats, Rockies)

Also due to our record vs the Rangers
gigem1223
Touche
FriscoKid
AG
Wabs said:

I'll give it to the Ranger fans. They talk some decent (and consistent) smack for never winning Jack ***** Impressive no doubt.

Rangers won tonight. Sorry about your luck.
option short side
AG
gigem1223 said:

jkag89 said:

option short side said:

jkag89 said:

Hope this is sarcasm

haha this guy is delusional
BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

FriscoKid said:

Why doesn't Texas fall off into the Gulf of Mexico?

Because Houston blows.

Y'all aren't very good at this.

Lmao. That is what passes for humor in milquetoast whitebread DFW
FriscoKid
AG
For the most part Dallas fans/residents don't give a second thought about Houston. The reverse just isn't true. Again, sorry about the loss tonight. There is always tomorrow.
tjack16
AG
I'd be more upset tonight if we hadn't already won the series. I think it'll stay within 3 games pretty much the rest of the way.

Both pitching staffs need help right now so the deadline could be the difference maker in the division race
Legal Custodian
AG
Wait….are you saying the Rangers have the same division lead as they did at the allstar break? Even after all that talk about not being able to get through a tougher schedule?

Holy ****, what a failure of a job by the Astros. Y'all ****ing played the A's, Colorado, and the Angels and couldn't gain a single game?? Have fun with the Rays, Yankees, and Orioles coming up!
BadAggie
AG
bearkatag15 said:

gigem1223 said:

jkag89 said:

option short side said:

jkag89 said:

Hope this is sarcasm

Also due to our record vs the Rangers

Lol. Fkkn cornballs just walk right into it.
Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223
6-4 and you've won 3 of those by one run. That's not saying much either way.
cc10106
The Arlington pretenders lose another series to the Champs and can't help but puff their chests. They're obviously not the brightest bunch. Must be that fake tough guy persona they keep failing miserably at.

BadAggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

6-4 and you've won 3 of those by one run. That's not saying much either way.

No mathematician but 6>4
tjack16
AG
Posters on this thread when the season ends and we get to join together to complain about Jimbo and Aggie football

BadAggie
AG
cc10106 said:

The Arlington pretenders lose another series to the Champs and can't help but puff their chests. They're obviously not the brightest bunch. Must be that fake tough guy persona they keep failing miserably at.

Lost a couple World Series
Sucker punched a guy who raked against them
Won a game in July
Had Nolan Ryan second
All-Stars!

Lol
gigem1223
Astros first game with Altuve and Alvarez in the lineup and they're ace on the mound and they get their **** pushed in.
gigem1223
cc10106 said:

And extend their division lead
Marvin
AG
I do like the frisky turn of events.

I also agree- the Astros have had chances to turn the tide but can't quite get over the hump.
(did a good job mixing metaphors there, but you get the idea).
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Ag94Ag17
AG
gigem1223 takes are so outlandish that its hard to tell if he's trolling or not.
BadAggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

Astros first game with Altuve and Alvarez in the lineup and they're ace on the mound and they get their **** pushed in.

Weren't Seager and Semen on the field and lost 3 of 4 in Arlington earlier this month?

**** pushing in? Def a DFW thing
cc10106
gigem1223 said:

cc10106 said:

Except your lead is less than it was before Monday.

Cloud
gigem1223 said:

When's the parade?
gigem1223
cc10106 said:

gigem1223 said:

cc10106 said:

Except your lead is less than it was before Monday.

Or the same as it was at the ASB. Before we had to face a brutal 2 week schedule while the Astros faced the easiest schedule.
jkag89
gigem1223 said:

jkag89 said:

option short side said:

jkag89 said:

Hope this is sarcasm

Then why are the Rangers only two games up? Look over the 'Stros schedule; they lost a number of series to poor to meh teams in April and May. On the other hand 6-4 over you guys. Swept the Braves. 2-1 vs TB. Will the 'Stros catch and past the Rangers? We'll see but if you think you've survived the storm because the Astros did not gain any ground in this stretch since the Break and have a slightly tougher schedule based on winning % the rest of the way, then who is delusional?
gigem1223
Can we all take a break for a minute and laugh at the Angels?
BadAggie
AG
Cloud said:

gigem1223 said:

When's the parade?

Still no rings, so excited about small division leads in…July. Lol
Mr Gigem
AG
gigem1223 said:

Talk about a team that does less with more. Who does that remind you of?
BadAggie
AG
Mr Gigem said:

gigem1223 said:

Talk about a team that does less with more. Who does that remind you of?

Ouch

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.