***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

250,784 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who had "both teams swept" on their weekend plans?
JWinTX
I'm fully prepared for Seattle to win the AL West. Look at their remaining schedule and compare it to Houston and Texas.
Panama Red
AG
JWinTX said:

I'm fully prepared for Seattle to win the AL West. Look at their remaining schedule and compare it to Houston and Texas.
TEX .504
SEA .478
HOU .473

JWinTX
Panama Red said:

JWinTX said:

TEX .504
SEA .478
HOU .473

I look at it as series against teams that are in the race, teams that are still talented but overachieved, and then terrible teams.

HOU has 6 series left against Boston (twice), Texas, Baltimore, Seattle, and Arizona. They also play NYY and SD. Then they get series against Detroit, Oakland, and KC twice. So 6-2-4

SEA gets Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, LAD, Houston, and Texas twice. After that, they get the White Sox, Kansas City, Oakland twice, NYM, and LAA. So 6-0-6

Texas gets Arizona, Minnesota twice, Houston, Toronto, Cleveland, Boston, and Seattle twice. Add in NYM, Oak, and LAA for spare teams to play, so its very clear Texas is in horrible shape compared to the other two. That's 9-0-3
Farmer1906
AG
Grapesoda2525
Farmer1906 said:

Want a fun one ? Look up the last game of our series in San Francisco.

*********choking sons of *****es.
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

I guess what they say it's true. You can't win the division in July.

And the Astros are 11-14 in their last 25? What's your point?

I thought that was fairly obvious. You're not as good as your start. You're on a downward trend. You just lost a very important 4 game series.

Well no **** Sherlock. The point is the Astros have too. Y'all made up zero ground in a month where the rangers struggled. A lot of those losses are due to them leaving an ungodly amount of runs on the bases. They'll get hot again. Better hope your Astros can keep up.

Here is where you run into problems. "They'll get hot again". And if they don't? If they don't have an extended statically anomaly of BABIP & RISP. Then what?
Trends

BABIP (.297 League Average)
Mar/Apr - .307
May - .344
Jun - .319
Jul - .317
Aug - .294

RISP BA (.257 LA)
Mar/Apr - .346
May - .323
Jun - .254
Jul - .257
Aug - .228

Don't say I didn't warn you. And it's not really all that bad. Your offense is still well above average even with some regression.

In the month of Aug especially, yall are ridiculously unclutch. -9 wRC+ in high leverage situations. Only Seattle in Jun has been worse at -16.
South Platte
BadAggie
AG
aggiedata
AG
What a race

Mr Gigem
AG
I don't know if I'm emotionally stable enough to handle the final month of the regular season.
South Platte
Slow pitch softball this afternoon at Juice Box.
tjack16
AG
South Platte said:

Slow pitch softball this afternoon at Juice Box.

Yep. Both Astros and Rangers have sucked this week
jkag89
aggiedata said:

What a race

Every single time a variation of this meme has been posted on this thread or season thread, the Astros have fallen flat on their faces. Maybe, just maybe we shouldn't tempt the malicious and capricious baseball gods.
CampingAg
AG
Mr Gigem said:

I don't know if I'm emotionally stable enough to handle the final month of the regular season.

What a great time for Aggie football to start.
Legal Custodian
AG
CampingAg said:

Mr Gigem said:

tjack16
AG
CampingAg said:

Mr Gigem said:

September 30th. Aggies vs Arkansas and the final regular season MLB games. Could be a great day or a really bad day
Mr Gigem
AG
tjack16 said:

CampingAg said:

Mr Gigem said:

September 30th. Aggies vs Arkansas and the final regular season MLB games. Could be a great day or a really bad day

I'm going to be at that game at Jerry World. Probably in the fetal position
Mathguy64
AG
Mr Gigem said:

tjack16 said:

CampingAg said:

Mr Gigem said:

I'm going to be at that game at Jerry World. Probably in the fetal position

Good news is it's not quite that stressful. Bad news is there is a game Sunday. Oct 1. That's the end of the season. Then you can be in a fetal position.
Out in Left Field
AG
Right this way Seattle
tjack16
AG
Legal Custodian
AG
How the eff are we still in 1st place? We're practically gift wrapping it for y'all at this rate
Super Aggie 64
AG
Staff, can you change thread name to Mariners Trash Talk?
BMX Bandit
Fun week for baseball in the lone star state
3B Paul 97
AG
Or the Astros/Rangers pity party thread.
tjack16
AG
That dream ALCS match up looks like it might be on hold until 2024
Ciboag96
Both of us getting passed by the state of dreadlocked soy boys and hairy legged women. Smh.
tjack16
AG
So here's my two cents about what is happening

1. The Rangers got really hot early, had a lot of guys who were playing above their heads, some of them are now coming back to Earth. In reality they are probably a year away from true WS contention. (2024 might be really special for y'all if DeGrom comes back at all)

2. The Astros seem content to live off their 2022 success, assuming that success would carry over into this season, and are playing/managing this season as if they have a 10+ game lead in the standings with zero sense of urgency.

3. The Mariners have ended 2021 on a hot streak, 2022 on a hot streak, and now are seizing their opportunity. Sweeping the Astros was the turning point for them to really say "we can win this division, not just get the final wild card spot). If the Astros had swept or beaten the Mariners 2/3 at home last weekend, that would have really taken the wind from their sails.
NateDog
NateDog
AG

Premature as usual. Even if it does happen tonight, it won't be because of the Astros.
fc2112
Tonight, our ace starts the winning streak.
fc2112
Hazy IPA from Manhattan Project in Oak Cliff for the MFW.

Dies Irae
Aroldis Chapman delighted to find he gets in much less trouble choking games than he did choking women. It seems he's found a new calling
Ciboag96
Astros fan here thinks that strike three was a terrible call. Umps sucking hard this year
Mathguy64
AG
You chumps play ManfredBall like we do.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.