***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

250,783 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're literally the defending champion.
dave94
AG
I think it's safe to say this thread has some of the cringiest, lame ass trash talk that your little brother would come up with. It's like we're all sitting at the thanksgiving table with longhorn relatives going back and forth in front of grandma.

Everyone needs to take a breath and actually read what they type before hitting "post". It's funny for sure, but not because anyone is being owned or served or whatever, lol
BadAggie
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

It was fun to beat up on Obese Framber and take a giant crap on his era. The guy acted like a cry baby ***** all night. I hope he hurts his fat ankle in the dug out again. The guy threw at lowe and semien on purpose while Heaney accidentally hit Yordan.

Maldonado only acted like a tough guy because he was wearing all that protective gear. If you don't like how people are rounding the bases after a home run then don't give up a home run. I'm surprised Maldy didn't try taking a swing at someone, but if he did it would've been the first thing he's hit all year and it's pretty much August. The guy is a joke acting like some kind of big shot when he isn't *****

Parks and Rec major?
BadAggie
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

LarryElder said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

It was fun to beat up on Obese Framber and take a giant crap on his era. The guy acted like a cry baby ***** all night. I hope he hurts his fat ankle in the dug out again. The guy threw at lowe and semien on purpose while Heaney accidentally hit Yordan.

Maldonado only acted like a tough guy because he was wearing all that protective gear. If you don't like how people are rounding the bases after a home run then don't give up a home run. I'm surprised Maldy didn't try taking a swing at someone, but if he did it would've been the first thing he's hit all year and it's pretty much August. The guy is a joke acting like some kind of big shot when he isn't *****

This is really bad smack talk
And talking about crap that happened last year or 6 years ago is? You guys are living in the past with your constant championship and banner talk. We're on to 2023.

The "past" is the latest World Series, Einstein.

Grapesoda2525
BadAggie said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

LarryElder said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

And talking about crap that happened last year or 6 years ago is? You guys are living in the past with your constant championship and banner talk. We're on to 2023.

You boys can't read. The title of this thread is "trash talk thread 2023". No MLB championships have been won this year.

The posts by astro fans over the last few pages mainly pertain to 2017 or 2022. Not relevant to the discussion at all. Talk about the games being played this year or how the teams are playing this year.

Despite losing the series, I feel good. We put up 8.3 runs per game.
Hi, Im Brett
AG

Quote:

Talk about the games being played this year

Tough loss last night, but solid series win.

Was anybody there to grab a replica ring?

tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

BadAggie said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

LarryElder said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

You boys can't read. The title of this thread is "trash talk thread 2023". No MLB championships have been won this year.

The posts by astro fans over the last few pages mainly pertain to 2017 or 2022. Not relevant to the discussion at all. Talk about the games being played this year or how the teams are playing this year.

Despite losing the series, I feel good. We put up 8.3 runs per game.

I'd understand if we only won in 2017…. But come on. You can't expect a fanbase that won a World Series the previous year not to bring it up and brag. Astros are defending champs… that does mean something. Maybe not to this years results but you can't blame us for bringing it up.

If y'all win the WS this year, then I expect the 2024 trash talk thread to be full of you guys bragging about it and I'd be like "yeah y'all are right, tip of the cap"

If the Aggies win a national title… you better believe we would bring that up ALL the time.
South Platte

Quote:

Haha. That's right. It was ring night!! Your team blinked when things got chippy, but at least you saw some home runs and got a magic ring.
tjack16
AG
South Platte said:

Quote:

Haha. That's right. It was ring night!! Your team blinked when things got chippy, but at least you saw some home runs and got a magic ring.

We have ring nights every Wednesday home game… so we're doing fine. Won the series and cut the lead down by a game
dermdoc
AG
South Platte said:

Quote:

So what rings do the Rangers hand out?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr Gigem
AG
20__ World Series Champions
BadAggie
AG
Lol Rangers "rings"
South Platte
dermdoc said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

I mean, who cares? Giveaways are for children and blue collar members of the fanbase. Building a team shrine on the credenza in my office sounds ridiculous.
Farmer1906
AG
South Platte said:

dermdoc said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

I mean, who cares? Giveaways are for children and blue collar members of the fanbase. Building a team shrine on the credenza in my office sounds ridiculous.
This is the most "Dallas" thing I have ever read.
Ag_07
AG
South Platte said:

dermdoc said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

I know...The Rangers winning any hardware is a ridiculous thought.
BadAggie
AG
Lol ok Montgomery Burns
South Platte
Lol. Is Liberace your hero?
Hi, Im Brett
AG

Quote:

Building a team shrine in my office sounds ridiculous.
htxag09
AG
To be fair, I don't think most people meant for it to be a shrine....But when you win it all it's fun to go buy a few mementos for the occasion....then you win it again.....
3B Paul 97
AG
dermdoc said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

Rings and Rangers? Is that like a circle jerk with Odor?
justnobody79
tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

We have ring nights every Wednesday home game… so we're doing fine. Won the series and cut the lead down by a game
will next week be "we won 2 of 3 vs. Arlington" ring night?
Farmer1906
AG
justnobody79 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

Sweet Child of Summer.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

justnobody79 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

Sweet Child of Summer.
tjack16
AG
justnobody79 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

You might have just won the "cringiest trash talk post" award right there
The Porkchop Express
tjack16 said:

htxag09
AG
tjack16 said:

justnobody79 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

It's not his fault he doesn't have experience with how championship swag giveaways work…..
jah003
S
justnobody79 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

"Punched a guy in the face that one time" ring night.
"Almost won the World Series that one time" ring night.
"Grabbed some guys balls" ring night.
"Play baseball in a stupid ass barn with fake grass" ring night.
Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

dermdoc said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

You'd be the first in line to buy Bochy underpants if the Rangers won the WS. Don't deny it.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
So basically what I've learned today is that if the Rangers win the 2023 World Series their fans will not do the following two things

1. they will not bring up their championship in the 2024 trash talk thread because "the past doesn't matter"

2. Rangers fans will not collect World Series champions merchandise/memorabilia and will likely throw the replica rings they get at the stadium next year in the trash

Did I miss anything else? Because apparently Astros fans aren't supposed to bring up 2022, or collect the ring giveaways
Farmer1906
AG
jah003 said:

justnobody79 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

"Punched a guy in the face that one time" ring night.
"Almost won the World Series that one time" ring night.
"Grabbed some guys balls" ring night.
"Play baseball in a stupid ass barn with fake grass" ring night.

It's wild that two of the most iconic Ranger moments are punching someone.
South Platte
Marvin said:

You'd be the first in line to buy Bochy underpants if the Rangers won the WS. Don't deny it.

Mr Gigem
AG
tjack16 said:

So basically what I've learned today is that if the Rangers win the 2023 World Series their fans will not do the following two things

1. they will not bring up their championship in the 2024 trash talk thread because "the past doesn't matter"

2. Rangers fans will not collect World Series champions merchandise/memorabilia and will likely throw the replica rings they get at the stadium next year in the trash

Did I miss anything else? Because apparently Astros fans aren't supposed to bring up 2022, or collect the ring giveaways

There are some posters here that do not speak for everyone

You bet your ass I'll bring up a World Series victory in next years trash talk thread

And I'll have the ability to get an actual World Series ring, not a replica, and I'll cherish it forever. I'll get a replica and give it to my nephew
tjack16
AG
Mr Gigem said:

tjack16 said:

There are some posters here that do not speak for everyone

You bet your ass I'll bring up a World Series victory in next years trash talk thread

And I'll have the ability to get an actual World Series ring, not a replica, and I'll cherish it forever. I'll get a replica and give it to my nephew

If y'all win the World Series, you better talk that trash! That's what sports fandom is all about

Getting a real ring would be awesome for you. If the rangers do win one, I'd just like for the Astros to win another one first before y'all do
BMX Bandit
I think we can all agree it's fun having both of these teams be good!

Mr Gigem
AG
I came in a few years after the Rangers won the 2011 ALCS. Several of my coworkers have those rings. They are sweet. But a World Series ring would be *chef's kiss*

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.