***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

250,799 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
XXXVII
How long do you want to ignore this user?
10 runs. TEN.

DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
CuriousAg
Grapesoda2525 said:

We just bent over and got screwed in the butt all night. Both nights.
I live in a nightmare of sports hell. When can I be part of a winning team.

zoneag
Grapesoda2525 said:

Good luck in the World Series Astros. Looks like you guys are going to load the bases every inning the rest of the series.

When we whiffed with bases loaded no outs in game 2 I threw my hat at the tv and said "the series is over, that's a back breaker". Obviously my despair was premature, as yours may be as well.
Grapesoda2525
zoneag said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Good luck in the World Series Astros. Looks like you guys are going to load the bases every inning the rest of the series.

When we whiffed with bases loaded no outs in game 2 I threw my hat at the tv and said "the series is over, that's a back breaker". Obviously my despair was premature, as yours may be as well.
I knew when we got 1 game that it wasn't a big deal. When we got 2 games, I figured we had a shot, but it was always in the back of my mind that the series was coming up here. I thought games 3-5 would resemble games 1-2 which were pretty competitive, but you guys are averaging 9 runs per game up here.

I thought we would do better than we did in September, but it looks exactly the same. Total prison rape.
South Platte
It was a ball but Bradford really needed that strike 3 on Abreu right before his home run. Close enough to go either way.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
CuriousAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

We just bent over and got screwed in the butt all night. Both nights.
I live in a nightmare of sports hell. When can I be part of a winning team.

Unfortunately, we will never have the Ags give us anything in our life time. I'm just thankful I have Astros and Stars riding high. All highs will eventually become a low though.

Rangers weren't even supposed to be here this year. Next year was their big come out year.

Not a trash post… yall are on the up right now.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Good god. The fact that some of you are having to be consoled by Astros fans in a 2-2 series is downright embarrassing. Nut up for f***s sake.
Furlock Bones
AG
Rangers fans. Can we borrow your stadium for the rest of the post season?
esd19
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Good god. The fact that some of you are having to be consoled by Astros fans in a 2-2 series is downright embarrassing. Nut up for f***s sake.

No kidding. I thought this was the trash talking thread? I sure as shlt hope y'all's baseball team doesn't wave the white flag as quickly as y'all's fans do. Soft, per usual from arlington!
RogerFurlong
Furlock Bones said:

Rangers fans. Can we borrow your stadium for the rest of the post season?

Genius move by the rangers to lose the division to give y'all home field advantage. Set the trap and y'all fell right into it.
Farmer1906
AG
Why does this keep happening?

annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Why do Astros fans talk like they're on the team?
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
aggie813
PlaneCrashGuy said:

For the same reason Ranger fans and just about every fan of every other team does. They are fans.HTH
Panama Red
AG
No scenario wouid be a surprise at this point.

Ranger in 6, Astros in 6, either in 7.

What a fun series to watch with so many friends on both sides.
Furlock Bones
AG
How are these terrible umps getting the biggest assignments in the game?

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
aggie813 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

For the same reason Ranger fans and just about every fan of every other team does. They are fans.HTH

So you think you're part of the team? It's quite strange.
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
aggie813
No, what I think is strange is your flip flopping. First you say "talk", now you're saying "think". Those are two completely different things.
MelvinUdall
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Have you read any of the Rangers fans posts are you just ignoring those posts all together?
Silent For Too Long
What happened to all the johnny come lately's that were flooding this thread 3 days ago?
Barnyard96
AG
On the way to walmart to return their tshirts
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
aggie813 said:

No, what I think is strange is your flip flopping. First you say "talk", now you're saying "think". Those are two completely different things.

Language is an extension of thought: if you think I've flip flopped you might be single digit IQ. Are you single digit IQ? Are you a part of the team? Don't be vague.
Wabs
AG
Pretty cool shirt

MelvinUdall
PlaneCrashGuy said:

aggie813 said:

Language is an extension of thought: if you think I've flip flopped you might be single digit IQ. Are you single digit IQ? Are you a part of the team? Don't be vague.

Isn't the 12th Man the extension of the A&M football team, hence the fans are a part of the team.
tjack16
AG
Wabs said:

Pretty cool shirt

I like this one too

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
MelvinUdall said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Have you read any of the Rangers fans posts are you just ignoring those posts all together?

No I haven't. Now will you answer my question? Do you think you're part of the team?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
MelvinUdall said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

aggie813 said:

Isn't the 12th Man the extension of the A&M football team, hence the fans are a part of the team.

I do not think fans are part of the team. I'm still awaiting your answer though. Any day now.
Silent For Too Long
Considering you attended a university that considers itself "the home of the 12th man" you are making an incredibly inane point right now.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Considering you attended a university that considers itself "the home of the 12th man" you are making an incredibly inane point right now.

In all my time at TAMU I never met someone who considered themselves part of the team w/o playing. Perhaps it is you who doesn't know what that means.
MelvinUdall
PlaneCrashGuy said:

MelvinUdall said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

aggie813 said:

I do not think fans are part of the team. I'm still awaiting your answer though. Any day now.

So the 12th man is just a myth. Got it thanks, I will let my A&M friends know.
jkag89
Have you read the Rangers game thread? Astros fans are hardly the only fan base that use 'we" or "us" when talking about the team they follow.
Farmer1906
AG
The large majority of fans so we when discussing their team. Its not rocket science. How is this a real conversation? How old are you? Are you slow in the head? Answer my questions!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Be sure and say "Howdy" when you do. I'm still waiting on your answer.
Silent For Too Long
In the sense that any group of fanatics is part of a team we are very much part of "Team Astros." Our passion and hard earned money are why this franchise exists ( as any other franchise.)

Considering that in our lifetime we've seen the word "team" applied colloquially to anything from adversarial political groups to fictitious vampire and wear wolf teenage love novels, I think it's fair to say the term can be used outside of only those who actually wear the leather.

Again. Your point is ridiculous but maybe you are winning the internet in your mind?
Daddy-O5
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Good lord the trash talk has taken a deep dive off a cliff since last night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.