Biden declares Easter "Transgender Day of Visibility"

26,035 Views | 826 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Rongagin71
TheBonifaceOption
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2024/03/29/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility-2024/

Funny I don't think he would do this to Yom Kippur
HumpitPuryear
AG
He's a devoted Catholic
BonfireNerd04
Quote:

Shavuot often falls during Pride Month (formerly known as June), and gets no attention from politicians.
747Ag
AG
Nvm
Rongagin71
AG
I deleted my smartphone calendar a few days ago because
I noticed that it did not have Easter listed as a holiday.
I'll bet Easter gets put back on now.

Macarthur
This has been done on march 31st for the last 15 years. Even the 4 years Trump was president.
Macarthur
https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/transgender-day-visibility-falls-annually-march-31-not-always-easter-2024-03-29/
HumpitPuryear
AG
Macarthur said:

This has been done on march 31st for the last 15 years. Even the 4 years Trump was president.

Then why does the supposed devout Catholic feel the need to make a proclamation about it? I don't recall Trump doing that on behalf of America.
Rongagin71
AG
Macarthur said:

I believe you on this, but it doesn't make the protest any less of a protest.
This protest is part of the growing women's movement to stop men from
competing in women's sporting events - you know, actually enforce Title 9.
TxAgPreacher
S
So there is 365 days a year, and the one month period of time where the most holy day of the year can fall, and its somehow not intentional?

This day will almost always fall during holy week.

Transgenders don't need a day. They are attacking Christians on purpose.
BonfireNerd04
Macarthur said:

Yeah, but WHY? Are transgender people not "visible" enough already? Is an entire month of "LGBT pride" in June not enough recognition?
Macarthur
Yeah, but!
747Ag
AG
15 years? Ok... Move it to a day other than Easter.
747Ag
AG
"Devout" Catholics doing "devout" things.
TheBonifaceOption
BonfireNerd04 said:

Quote:

Shavuot often falls during Pride Month (formerly known as June), and gets no attention from politicians.

Does orthodox Judaism actually have a problem with homosexuality?

Tel Aviv is the gay capital of the world.
BonfireNerd04
TheBonifaceOption said:

BonfireNerd04 said:

Quote:

Does orthodox Judaism actually have a problem with homosexuality?

Tel Aviv is the gay capital of the world.
Tel Aviv is predominantly not Orthodox. And Israel does have "homophobes".
Mark Fairchild
AG
NOT!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
HumpitPuryear
AG
Macarthur said:

Yeah, but!

So answer the question. If this has been a longstanding established thing than what is the point of the presidential proclamation?
Macarthur
No idea. Maybe they did it to piss off christians. It's their 24 election strategy.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Macarthur said:

No idea. Maybe they did it to piss off christians. It's their 24 election strategy.
or maybe the Biden administration is purposely anti-Christian.
Macarthur
I think that's just insane.
chap
AG
Macarthur said:

You have a very strange relationship with truth.

No, presidents haven't issued proclamations recognizing this "International Day of Transgender Visibility" for 15 years. Which is the point of the OP.

There are plenty of these "International" days of whatever. Biden hasn't issued proclamations celebrating all of them. He did for this one this year. I'm not sure he's even recognized this in previous years of his administration.
Macarthur
Maybe. Just maybe it's not about you (Christians). Unless you actually think their strategy is to alienate 70% of the population that identifies as Christian's.
chap
AG
I'm not even talking about that. I'm talking about you lying about presidents recognizing this day for the last 15 years, including Trump.
Macarthur
I didn't lie about anything.
chap
AG
Macarthur said:

I didn't lie about anything.

Again, I don't think you understand what truth is. Or what it means to lie.
Rongagin71
AG
Macarthur said:

You know very well that they did it to service one of the Dem voting blocks.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Macarthur said:

Maybe. Just maybe it's not about you (Christians). Unless you actually think their strategy is to alienate 70% of the population that identifies as Christian's.

What percentage of Americans are transgender or even pro-Transgender? To your point, why alienate 70% of the population especially in an election year? Is the Biden administration that clumsy?
Sapper Redux
TxAgPreacher said:

So there is 365 days a year, and the one month period of time where the most holy day of the year can fall, and its somehow not intentional?

This day will almost always fall during holy week.

Transgenders don't need a day. They are attacking Christians on purpose.
Pretty sure if we looked up the statistics, more Christians are attacking transgender people than the reverse.
Sapper Redux
chap said:

Macarthur said:

You have a very strange relationship with truth.

No, presidents haven't issued proclamations recognizing this "International Day of Transgender Visibility" for 15 years. Which is the point of the OP.

There are plenty of these "International" days of whatever. Biden hasn't issued proclamations celebrating all of them. He did for this one this year. I'm not sure he's even recognized this in previous years of his administration.
Yes, he has. Every year on March 31. You just didn't care until this one.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/03/31/statement-from-president-joe-biden-on-transgender-day-of-visibility/

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2022/03/30/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility-2022/

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/03/31/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility-2021/
chap
AG
Again, I haven't said anything about the Easter connection, but you don't care.

I said I wasn't sure about Biden, I see that he has issued proclamations for this day. Did Trump and Obama? Macrthur's claim is that they have, for 25!years.
Macarthur
That's not what I said.
Sapper Redux
You're misunderstanding what he was saying. He said Transgender Day of Visibility has been ongoing for the last 15 years and always on March 31.

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/30/1241589753/transgender-day-of-visibility-rachel-crandall-crocker
chap
AG
No, he said presidents were recognizing it for the last 15 years, "including Trump".

The OP was talking about Presidential Proclamations. He responded to the OP.
Sapper Redux
chap said:

No, he said presidents were recognizing it for the last 15 years, "including Trump".

The OP was talking about Presidential Proclamations. He responded to the OP.
He said the day has been going for 15 years, including under Trump. Maybe he could have been more clear, but you're inserting words into his mouth.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.