Biden declares Easter "Transgender Day of Visibility"

26,942 Views | 826 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rongagin71
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
747Ag said:

Kindly refrain from taking our Lord's name in vain.
Amen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
My apologies.
747Ag
AG
Macarthur said:

My apologies.
Thank you.
Macarthur
Rongagin71 said:

Macarthur said:

dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

HumpitPuryear said:

Macarthur said:

I can't tell you how many times one of my kids teachers had crosses and Christian symbolism in their classrom, yet a rainbow is a bridge too far.
In some school districts, yes. And that's OK. You can homeschool. That's what Christians do that don't agree with how their local public school operates.

I had to spend some time in Pakistan for work. I could have worn a "Christ is King" ball cap or tee shirt. I didn't. It didn't change that I was a Christian but I respected the majority sentiment of the place I was working. There's really nothing wrong with that. I didn't feel oppressed I felt like I was being respectful and doing my best to get along.

It doesn't bother me because I've been born and raised in Texas and that's just the way it is.

I still find it funny that a rainbow is still a bridge too far.
No, protection of our kids and grandkids is a bridge too far. And you do not seem to get that. I assume you do not have kids?

Jesus.

I have three kids and my last one graduated HS in 23. and to your previous post, I do not remember one time my kids mentioning being taught anything about LGBTQ.

Can you give me examples of schools 'teaching LGBTQ' and what that means? Not sensationalized anecdotes from libs of tik tok. I'm also not talking about teachers simply acknowledging that these types of folks exist. I want some hard info on schools and curriculum on teaching LGBTQ.
Get on X and evidence some interest in teachers pushing LGBTQ by doing things like forming groups to participate in Gay Pride Parades and you will see plenty.
If you dislike Libs of Tik Tok, try following Andy Ngo, J K Rowling, and/or Gov Abbott.

Again, I'm 100% certain I can find rogue teachers going beyond curriculum and stretching what the boudaries should be. I'm sure I can find teachers pushing a highly religious environment in public school classrooms, too.

I said I would like some real info on schools and curriculum that is pushing some agenda.

By the same token, I can post anecdotal reddit posts and other social media posts from teachers in NY and California that have NEVER heard of LGBTQ agendas being pushed in their schools.
dermdoc
AG
Macarthur said:

Rongagin71 said:

Macarthur said:

dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

HumpitPuryear said:

Macarthur said:

I can't tell you how many times one of my kids teachers had crosses and Christian symbolism in their classrom, yet a rainbow is a bridge too far.
In some school districts, yes. And that's OK. You can homeschool. That's what Christians do that don't agree with how their local public school operates.

I had to spend some time in Pakistan for work. I could have worn a "Christ is King" ball cap or tee shirt. I didn't. It didn't change that I was a Christian but I respected the majority sentiment of the place I was working. There's really nothing wrong with that. I didn't feel oppressed I felt like I was being respectful and doing my best to get along.

It doesn't bother me because I've been born and raised in Texas and that's just the way it is.

No, protection of our kids and grandkids is a bridge too far. And you do not seem to get that. I assume you do not have kids?

Jesus.

I have three kids and my last one graduated HS in 23. and to your previous post, I do not remember one time my kids mentioning being taught anything about LGBTQ.

Can you give me examples of schools 'teaching LGBTQ' and what that means? Not sensationalized anecdotes from libs of tik tok. I'm also not talking about teachers simply acknowledging that these types of folks exist. I want some hard info on schools and curriculum on teaching LGBTQ.
Get on X and evidence some interest in teachers pushing LGBTQ by doing things like forming groups to participate in Gay Pride Parades and you will see plenty.
If you dislike Libs of Tik Tok, try following Andy Ngo, J K Rowling, and/or Gov Abbott.

Again, I'm 100% certain I can find rogue teachers going beyond curriculum and stretching what the boudaries should be. I'm sure I can find teachers pushing a highly religious environment in public school classrooms, too.

I said I would like some real info on schools and curriculum that is pushing some agenda.

By the same token, I can post anecdotal reddit posts and other social media posts from teachers in NY and California that have NEVER heard of LGBTQ agendas being pushed in their schools.
Which one of those two situations are harmful? And that is the crux of the whole argument.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rongagin71
AG
Rongagin71 said:

Macarthur said:

dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

HumpitPuryear said:

Macarthur said:

Jesus.

Here is another interesting follow: Riley Gaines is going to visit UC Berkely tonight.
This is brave, she was assaulted and held hostage there by LGBTQ radicals.
Macarthur
absolutely both could be depending on the circumstances.
dermdoc
AG
Rongagin71 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Macarthur said:

dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

HumpitPuryear said:

Macarthur said:

Jesus.

Here is another interesting follow: Riley Gaines is going to visit UC Berkely tonight.
This is brave, she was assaulted and held hostage there by LGBTQ radicals.
Wait a minute. I have been told on here that Christians are the bad guys and want to harm LGBT folks. And even alluded to be Nazi like in their behavior.

This is just totalitarianism that lefties agree with. There is nothing new under the sun.
dermdoc
AG
Macarthur said:

What is harmful about Christianity? I mean, it is responsible for almost every university, a ton of hospitals, charities, the basis for humane laws, etc. love God, love your neighbor, etc.

What does LGBT agenda do for the greater good?
barbacoa taco
AG
dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

What is harmful about Christianity? I mean, it is responsible for almost every university, a ton of hospitals, charities, the basis for humane laws, etc. love God, love your neighbor, etc.

I have nothing against Christianity.*

*I mean, I do have some objections to some beliefs and practices of the religion, but I have no desire to shut it down or make people stop believing.

I have a lot against Christian Nationalism and those who use their faith as an excuse to be cruel.
dermdoc
AG
barbacoa taco said:

dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

*I mean, I do have some objections to some beliefs and practices of the religion, but I have no desire to shut it down or make people stop believing.

I have a lot against Christian Nationalism and those who use their faith as an excuse to be cruel.
I agree with your last sentence completely. In my opinion, it is not cruel to not want to have an agenda pushed on me or my family. Or by claiming the women in my family do not have rights to privacy in bathrooms.

Or just like you stated with Christian nationalism, I should not be attacked for believing the LGBT agenda is wrong and harmful. And not be perceived as a bigot because I believe that.

barbacoa taco
AG
dermdoc said:

barbacoa taco said:

dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

I agree with your last sentence completely. In my opinion, it is not cruel to not want to have an agenda pushed on me or my family.
Fair enough. I don't either.

But if we're keeping on topic of the OP, I don't think a recognition of a trans day of visibility is that. As I stated several pages ago, there are international days of recognition for everything. It's up to you if you let it affect you.
Quote:

Or by claiming the women in my family do not have rights to privacy in bathrooms.
Come on. This is such a tired straw man. Enough with this.

NO ONE is saying they don't have a right to privacy. The notion that grown men are pretending to be trans just to go into women's restrooms to peek at women and girls is a bigoted myth. And anyone who ever does that deserves to be arrested. This hateful garbage has been spread by Governor Abbott and a bunch of a-holes in the Texas legislature to rile people up and use it as an excuse to legislate trans people.

here's what actually happens. Trans people exist. Whether or not you want to acknowledge that is up to you. 99.9% of them use the restroom of their gender identity like everyone else, wash their hands, and leave. This is not the major issue that Republicans (dishonestly) have made it out to be. I remember back in the mid 2010s they were all losing their minds saying that men are pretending to be women and going into their bathrooms and creeping on girls. No they aren't.
Quote:

Or just like you stated with Christian nationalism, I should not be attacked for believing the LGBT agenda is wrong and harmful. And not be perceived as a bigot because I believe that.
Fine. I don't care what your personal beliefs are. I really don't. I will even admit I find the hardcore LGBT militants insufferable. But I also think they're the minority and they don't affect how I feel about LGBT rights.
dermdoc
AG
barbacoa taco said:

dermdoc said:

barbacoa taco said:

dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

I agree with your last sentence completely. In my opinion, it is not cruel to not want to have an agenda pushed on me or my family.
Fair enough. I don't either.

But if we're keeping on topic of the OP, I don't think a recognition of a trans day of visibility is that. As I stated several pages ago, there are international days of recognition for everything. It's up to you if you let it affect you.
Quote:

Or by claiming the women in my family do not have rights to privacy in bathrooms.
Come on. This is such a tired straw man. Enough with this.

NO ONE is saying they don't have a right to privacy. The notion that grown men are pretending to be trans just to go into women's restrooms to peek at women and girls is a bigoted myth. And anyone who ever does that deserves to be arrested. This hateful garbage has been spread by Governor Abbott and a bunch of a-holes in the Texas legislature to rile people up and use it as an excuse to legislate trans people.

here's what actually happens. Trans people exist. Whether or not you want to acknowledge that is up to you. 99.9% of them use the restroom of their gender identity like everyone else, wash their hands, and leave. This is not the major issue that Republicans (dishonestly) have made it out to be. I remember back in the mid 2010s they were all losing their minds saying that men are pretending to be women and going into their bathrooms and creeping on girls. No they aren't.
Quote:

Fine. I don't care what your personal beliefs are. I really don't. I will even admit I find the hardcore LGBT militants insufferable. But I also think they're the minority and they don't affect how I feel about LGBT rights.
If they do as you say in bathrooms I have no problem with it. And if my daughters and wife do not know I doubt they do also.
I am a pretty much a "Don't ask, don't tell" guy.I
HumpitPuryear
AG
Rongagin71 said:

Macarthur said:

HumpitPuryear said:

Macarthur said:

Like Biden encroaching on Easter, the rainbow symbol is an
encroachment on the Christian belief that God presented a
rainbow after the Great Flood as a promise there would
not be another Great Flood.
Yeah, it may seem like the Christians and Moslems have claimed
all the good stuff - because they are much older -
I believe the order is Jew, Christ, Mohammed, Spaghetti God.
My issue with the proclamation is that it was made by a president that claims to be a Christian and a devout Catholic. He's neither and that should be loudly exclaimed.

I'm not surprised by the proclamation. Democrats rarely miss and opportunity to poke Christians in the eye. I actually appreciate it when they show their true colors. There are still far too many Christians that vote Democrat and in doing so advance the power of darkness in our country.

Republicans of course are not all Christians and even some that claim to be are the Biden "cafeteria" type. But the Republican platform by-and-large is preferable for Christians and any other mainstream religions that value religious freedoms and protections and the common social constructs that those religions value such as the traditional nuclear family, fiscal and personal responsibility, the sanctity of life, traditional gender definitions and roles, law and order, etc. It's past time that Christian Democrats reject the party that has rejected their faith.
BluHorseShu
AG
dermdoc said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

And nobody is saying that any of the sins listed are good and to be celebrated.
Did I ask you to celebrate them?
Fair enough. But none of the other sins listed are thought to be behavior to be celebrated.
I agree with this...however...many have become normalized, which is why I can see it being hypocritical to non Christians and something we as Christians need to reign in. No fault divorce is pretty much not given a second thought these days. Modesty is out the window even among most Christians and many have no problem shouting down others vices while tipping back many a whiskey

So, while I don't believe in promoting/supporting transgenderism, and we need to keep it away from kids and agree it also shouldn't be normalized, I think we have to be careful to look in the mirror when we're doing all the finger wagging at others. Its like Matt Gaetz or Trump giving morality lessons to people...no one believes they believe in it.
BluHorseShu
AG
dermdoc said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

Fair enough. But none of the other sins listed are thought to be behavior to be celebrated.

People of other faith don't celebrate their faith?

You've never met someone who celebrated their permiscuity or gluttony or drunkeness?

Lust isn't celebrated?

Vanity?

Aside from the fist item, Christians are as big a contributor to the rest of these sins as anyone else in our society.

So where are the gluttony parades? Or the month of lust?

C' mon man.
Mardi Gras on line one....(And this is coming from a Catholic)

ETA - St. Patricks Day, 4th of July....(all holidays used for excess even by a huge number of Christians).
dermdoc
AG
BluHorseShu said:

dermdoc said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

People of other faith don't celebrate their faith?

You've never met someone who celebrated their permiscuity or gluttony or drunkeness?

Lust isn't celebrated?

Vanity?

Aside from the fist item, Christians are as big a contributor to the rest of these sins as anyone else in our society.

So where are the gluttony parades? Or the month of lust?

C' mon man.

ETA - St. Patricks Day, 4th of July....(all holidays used for excess even by a huge number of Christians).
Agree. But you can have a lot of fun without debauchery. And no fault divorce reminds me of Jesus talking about how and why Moses had allowed divorce.. no fault divorce is evil.

kurt vonnegut
AG
BluHorseShu said:

I considered those. But out of fairness, I don't know that they are quite equivalent. While they may be celebrations of excess and lust and gluttony and drunkenss, the point is hardly the celebration of that lifestyle.
dermdoc
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

BluHorseShu said:

I considered those. But out of fairness, I don't know that they are quite equivalent. While they may be celebrations of excess and lust and gluttony and drunkenss, the point is hardly the celebration of that lifestyle.
Incredibly fair post.
kurt vonnegut
AG
I know we've had our differences, but you don't need to call me a pos.
dermdoc
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

I know we've had our differences, but you don't need to call me a pos.
I meant post. Sorry.
DeProfundis
barbacoa taco said:

dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

Christian nationalism is the best thing that has happened lately. It's all reactionary, it very rarely ever arises on its own. Erstwhile normal people feel threatened and are retreating into the age old bulwark.
BonfireNerd04
Quote:

What exactly do you mean by "Christian Nationalism"? And who are some politicians, activists, or commentators whom you would label as "Christian Nationalists"?
Sapper Redux
DeProfundis said:

barbacoa taco said:

dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

Christian nationalism is the best thing that has happened lately. It's all reactionary, it very rarely ever arises on its own. Erstwhile normal people feel threatened and are retreating into the age old bulwark.

Yes, when have reactionary politics ever led people astray?
Rongagin71
AG
Studies have repeatedly shown that most gender confused children
do "grow out of it" if left to their own.

Sapper Redux
Medical transitioning is a last step, not a first. And the Babylon Bee is not a source. Hell, it's not even comedy.
AggieRain
AG
Sorry, dude. The Bee writes some of the best headlines on the web. It is only not funny if your humor meter consistently bounces on zero...
Macarthur
The bee is painfully unfunny and trying way too hard to be the right's onion and it's not good.
HumpitPuryear
AG
DeProfundis said:

barbacoa taco said:

dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

It's not Christian Nationalism. That's what the left has labeled it because it sounds scary and insurrectiony. The left has radicalized middle American. We aren't pursuing a Christian theocracy. We want fiscal responsibility, law and order, border security, secure elections, Religious and personal freedoms, and other common sense governance.

Rural America in particular is circling the wagons. We are electing more radical right-wing people because moderate Republicans have failed us. That may not be ideal but every action results in reaction. The left has gone full Marxist so the moderate right has become more hard right as a result.

Top Democrat leaders have labeled us as deplorables, terrorists, racists, and of course Christian nationalists. Biden says he's going to destroy us. It would be foolish not to believe him.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Macarthur said:

The bee is painfully unfunny and trying way too hard to be the right's onion and it's not good.

Since The Onion hasn't been funny in a decade, I'd say that the Bee has succeeded in that effort.
Macarthur
I would agree the onion def isn't as strong as it used to be.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Macarthur said:

I would agree the onion def isn't as strong as it used to be.

This was one of my all time favorites.

The Onion
Aggrad08
AG
It's pretty tough to buy republicans as the party of individual responsibility and common sense when the Republican Party is a lock step Donald Trump personality cult.
dermdoc
AG
AggieRain said:

Sorry, dude. The Bee writes some of the best headlines on the web. It is only not funny if your humor meter consistently bounces on zero...
Agree. I love the Babylon Bee and think it is hilarious. Rarely found the Onion funny and never saw the attraction of the Daily Show.

We are truly wired different.
kurt vonnegut
AG
dermdoc said:

We are truly wired different.

Yup. I wonder if we should consider social and political policy that respects our different wiring.

(sorry. . . . I had to. Don't want to restart the debate)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.