Biden declares Easter "Transgender Day of Visibility"

27,107 Views | 826 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rongagin71
TxAgPreacher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
What does Christian nationalism mean?

I do want this to go back to our roots as a Christian nation. Most our laws, and our constitution is based on the bible. Most have no idea, that we get our modern self defense doctrines straight from the bible.

Clearly our nation has been highly influenced by the bible. Most don't want to admit this fact.

MAGA
Make America Godly Again!
HumpitPuryear
AG
Aggrad08 said:

It's pretty tough to buy republicans as the party of individual responsibility and common sense when the Republican Party is a lock step Donald Trump personality cult.

The left is 100% responsible for Trump. Democrats propped him up because they thought it would be an easy win for Clinton. She called half the voting base deplorables and we got Trump. You've doubled and tripled down since. I'm not a fan but he says what the base wants to hear and generally did what he said he would do. Lawfare from the left confirms the Right's fears and suspicions and makes Trump a martyr. I wanted Desantis personally. But when people see how the uniparty is so against him and have used the courts and media to harass him and FBI and DOJ for a soft coup attempt it makes people think that maybe he's just what we need. Without any of that he probably wouldn't have won in 2016 and wouldn't even be in the conversation now. TDS like yours has helped Trump enormously.
HumpitPuryear
AG
TxAgPreacher said:

What does Christian nationalism mean?

I do want this to go back to our roots as a Christian nation. Most our laws, and our constitution is based on the bible. Most have no idea, that we get our modern self defense doctrines straight from the bible.

Clearly our nation has been highly influenced by the bible. Most don't want to admit this fact.

MAGA
Make America Godly Again!

It means a nation whose official religion is Christian and laws and governance are directly linked to Biblical law and where other religions are either illegal or suppressed. Ie the perfect boogie man for the left scaremongers despite the fact that it's impossible under our Constitution.
TxAgPreacher
S
I guess I just look at it differently. The constitution is based on biblical law, and our nation was a Christian nation.

Going back to our roots would bet better. If we embrace what made our country great, then we must understand our roots, and get back to what our laws are based on. I'll get called a nazi anyways, so why be afraid of a term?

Its like ultra MAGA. I kinda like it.
BonfireNerd04
Aggrad08 said:

It's pretty tough to buy republicans as the party of individual responsibility and common sense when the Republican Party is a lock step Donald Trump personality cult.
Even though I voted for him twice, I agree with you.
kurt vonnegut
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

Aggrad08 said:

The left is 100% responsible for Trump. Democrats propped him up because they thought it would be an easy win for Clinton. She called half the voting base deplorables and we got Trump. You've doubled and tripled down since. I'm not a fan but he says what the base wants to hear and generally did what he said he would do. Lawfare from the left confirms the Right's fears and suspicions and makes Trump a martyr. I wanted Desantis personally. But when people see how the uniparty is so against him and have used the courts and media to harass him and FBI and DOJ for a soft coup attempt it makes people think that maybe he's just what we need. Without any of that he probably wouldn't have won in 2016 and wouldn't even be in the conversation now. TDS like yours has helped Trump enormously.

Gotcha! The members of the party of personal responsibility are not personally responsible for who they elect as their leaders.
Aggrad08
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

Aggrad08 said:

That's not how responsibility works. You'd think the party of individual responsibility would understand where accountability lies at the ballot box.

You vote for him, goaltend for him, make excuses and and ignore your supposed values. No one made you do that. The democrats didn't hold your dick when you pissed on your own party. Calling completely founded criticism of Trump "TDS" proves the point.

Of course Donald Trump produced extreme reactions from democrats. Donald Trump is an extreme overreaction from the republicans that the party is all in on.

The idea that desantis lost because of law suits against Trump is laughable. Just no accountability on your part whatsoever.

HumpitPuryear
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

HumpitPuryear said:

Aggrad08 said:

Gotcha! The members of the party of personal responsibility are not personally responsible for who they elect as their leaders.
That's all you took from the above? I thought your were smarter than that. I've voted for Trump twice and will vote for him again but Democrats are responsible for elevating him to the general in 2016 and continue to keep him in the limelight and to show their true tyrannical nature by harassing him with frivolous lawsuits and collaborating with the media. Without TDS he wouldn't have the support he has had for the past 8 years. Even lots of Democrats agree with this. I've heard their talking heads say similar things.
TxAgPreacher
S
HAHA Trump is not conservative enough! He's didn't go far enough! He is moderate. He is far from radical.

I fail to see how secure borders, and a rejection of globalism is radical. Both right and left agreed on these for most of our history. Ya know when the dems were actually for the working man. Now they are the party of the elites for the elites.

There is nothing wrong with nationalism.

That's Bidens problem, he lives in a liberal echo chamber. Even though "trans" are less than 1% of the population we pander to them because its popular in lib circles. I live in the country, and everyone supports Trump. He has turned his back on the American worker, and the faith he says he is a part of.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Oh ,cool your jets. I was responding to the hyperbole of assigning 100% blame to democrats as though conservatives have exactly zero responsibility for their own actions.
TxAgPreacher
S
R's: Responsible for the greatest president since Reagan?

D's: The the worst president ever? Biden is like Carter, but worse. And instead of being a decent naive person, is nasty, and corrupt. Senile.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Aggrad08 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

Aggrad08 said:

That's not how responsibility works. You'd think the party of individual responsibility would understand where accountability lies at the ballot box.

You vote for him, goaltend for him, make excuses and and ignore your supposed values. No one made you do that. The democrats didn't hold your dick when you pissed on your own party. Calling completely founded criticism of Trump "TDS" proves the point.

Of course Donald Trump produced extreme reactions from democrats. Donald Trump is an extreme overreaction from the republicans that the party is all in on.

The idea that desantis lost because of law suits against Trump is laughable. Just no accountability on your part whatsoever.

DOJ collaborating with Twitter to remove a candidate from their platform is over the line. States trying to bar a candidate from the ballot is over the line. The multiple cases of lawfare playing out is over the line. You're a fool if you can't see how people see that and don't think "Hmmm, if the tyrants are willing go this far to keep me from voting for that candidate than by god I'm going to support that candidate."

I'm a DeSantis supporter so I'm not goaltending for anyone. DeSantis supporters really wanted all of this Trump attention to stop. CNN should be called Trump TV. They were never interested in covering DeSantis and that hurt his campaign.

And if I'm responsible for Trump than you are responsible for Biden. You really want to go there?
dermdoc
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

Oh ,cool your jets. I was responding to the hyperbole of assigning 100% blame to democrats as though conservatives have exactly zero responsibility for their own actions.
Well, just in this thread we have been called Christofascists, bigots, Nazis, etc. And it happens daily in the MSM.

And I do see the causal effect this has on conservative Christians.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

Aggrad08 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

Aggrad08 said:

DOJ collaborating with Twitter to remove a candidate from their platform is over the line. States trying to bar a candidate from the ballot is over the line. The multiple cases of lawfare playing out is over the line. You're a fool if you can't see how people see that and don't think "Hmmm, if the tyrants are willing go this far to keep me from voting for that candidate than by god I'm going to support that candidate."

I'm a DeSantis supporter so I'm not goaltending for anyone. DeSantis supporters really wanted all of this Trump attention to stop. CNN should be called Trump TV. They were never interested in covering DeSantis and that hurt his campaign.

And if I'm responsible for Trump than you are responsible for Biden. You really want to go there?
Exactly.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HumpitPuryear
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

We were discussing radicalization on the right and how that led to Trump.

Clinton referred to us as deplorables and made condescending comments about flyover country. Few days later Don Lemon declared that white Christian males were the greatest danger to America. This is the stuff that lost the election for Clinton and launched Trump. If you declare war on a large segment of the population you can't feign surprise when they do radical unexpected things.

BTW it's significant that Trump has never made any such sweeping remarks about the average Democrat voter. Maybe something y'all should think about a bit. Contrast Trump's comments about voters against Biden threatening "MAGA Republicans" with F16s. Yeah, good ol' Uncle Joe the uniter.
TxAgPreacher
S
I like how what is considered radical today is what everyone here's grandfathers believed. And what every stable country believed for all of human history.

But a new radical transexual ideology is perfectly normal. We live in loony toon land.
kurt vonnegut
AG
dermdoc said:

kurt vonnegut said:

Well, just in this thread we have been called Christofascists, bigots, Nazis, etc. And it happens daily in the MSM.

I might sympathize with you if you objected at all to the name call directed toward the other side. How many stars did you give to posts calling us sick, perverted, child grooming pedophiles?
kurt vonnegut
AG
TxAgPreacher said:

I like how what is considered radical today is what everyone here's grandfathers believed. And what every stable country believed for a all of human history.

But a new radical transexual ideology is perfectly normal. We live in loony toon land.

What is considered radical changes over time - and not always for the worse. Slavery wasn't radical several generations ago, but it is now.
TxAgPreacher
S
kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

kurt vonnegut said:

I might sympathize with you if you objected at all to the name call directed toward the other side. How many stars did you give to posts calling us sick, perverted, child grooming pedophiles?
What is wrong with being those things? Since we are making up whatever we want for morals...
Sapper Redux
TxAgPreacher said:

I guess I just look at it differently. The constitution is based on biblical law, and our nation was a Christian nation.

Going back to our roots would bet better. If we embrace what made our country great, then we must understand our roots, and get back to what our laws are based on. I'll get called a nazi anyways, so why be afraid of a term?

Funny how the framers were obsessed with pagan Greek and Roman history and saw governments in Rome and Europe after the rise of Christianity as corrupt and tyrannical. Also funny how the only mention of religion in the Constitution is to restrict its application in government.
Aggrad08
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

First off, your general point is fundamentally absurd. Yes the democrats elevated trump because they thought it profitable to give extra air time to Donald trump to help paint conservatives as stupid and ridiculous. This doesn't even remotely make it 100% or even substantially their fault. Republicans still had to buy what he was selling. There is no walking around that responsibility. Democrats gave trump free air time, their blame extends only as far as that.

I agree states trying to remove trump from the ballot is over the line, but that isn't the initial act, it's a reactionary act to what trump did that was truly over the line. What is really over the line is a sitting president of the US asking his vice president to not just fail to certify an election with no actual evidence of election determinable fraud, but to outright overturn the results. Name a single thing any sitting democrat has done or tried to so that would be more damaging to the republic than had this worked.

Quote:

"Hmmm, if the tyrants are willing go this far to keep me from voting for that candidate than by god I'm going to support that candidate."
The idea that the trump personality cult doesn't exist but for lawfare is nonsense. The trump cult far predates this.

The real fool is one who generally thinks anyone, anywhere in government is a more tyrannical threat than trump himself. Trump is such a narcissist he pretends he's never lost a single election anywhere. Even when he won he claimed fraud because he lost the popular vote. Trump constantly and blindly claiming fraud while never producing evidence has fundamentally undermined election credibility. And I'm someone who supports voter ID laws.

Quote:

It's adorable that trump supporters think we are worried about this. Biden isn't a personality cult. We just aren't worried about defending him, and even if obliged, you can take every negative thing he's said, done, or tried to do, and give 5 examples of trump for each one. Biden is a standard everyday Washington politician with all the bad that comes with. Trump is a delusional man child that's burned the bridge of virtually everyone he's ever worked with. If not for trump being his opponent Biden's chances would be terrible this round and probably last as well.
HumpitPuryear
AG
dermdoc said:

kurt vonnegut said:

Personally I don't care what some rando on the internet calls me. I do care when the leader of the free world says those things about Americans who dare support someone else in an election.

You guys call me whatever you want to. I've grown fond of "deplorable". It makes me warm inside remembering how Clinton the arrogant elitist torpedoed her own campaign.
TxAgPreacher
S
Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Funny how the framers were obsessed with pagan Greek and Roman history and saw governments in Rome and Europe after the rise of Christianity as corrupt and tyrannical. Also funny how the only mention of religion in the Constitution is to restrict its application in government.
Incorrect, it was to protect religion FROM the state, not to protect the state FROM religion.

Their writings agree with me. They were obsessed with the bible. Their quotes say so directly.

Quote:

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other -John Adams
AggieRain
AG
Man, this thread has it all. Most entertained I've been on R&P in years. Carry on, fellas!
Sapper Redux
TxAgPreacher said:

Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Incorrect, it was to protect religion FROM the state, not to protect the state FROM religion.

Their writings agree with me. They were obsessed with the bible. Their quotes say so directly.

Quote:

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other -John Adams

The same John Adams whose official position in his administration was that our government was in no sense founded on the Christian religion?

I recommend you actually read what the framers said about government and religion and their readings of history. Bernard Bailyn would be a good historian to start with rather than cherry-picking quotes and pretending that's historical analysis.

And no, our Constitution protects people from religious influence on the government. That's why the original text of the Constitution references religious tests for service but absolutely nothing referencing God or faith or church.
TxAgPreacher
S
Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

The same John Adams whose official position in his administration was that our government was in no sense founded on the Christian religion?

I recommend you actually read what the framers said about government and religion and their readings of history. Bernard Bailyn would be a good historian to start with rather than cherry-picking quotes and pretending that's historical analysis.

And no, our Constitution protects people from religious influence on the government. That's why the original text of the Constitution references religious tests for service but absolutely nothing referencing God or faith or church.
Yes they wrote those words to protect sodomites from Religion from being pushed on them.... Revisionist Garbage. They left England specifically TO practice their religion, not to be free from religion.

Yes the bible, that I don't believe in actually supports my position.
Yes the Christian founders who were racist evil slave owners, actually supported my position.

Absurd.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Aggrad08 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

First off, your general point is fundamentally absurd. Yes the democrats elevated trump because they thought it profitable to give extra air time to Donald trump to help paint conservatives as stupid and ridiculous. This doesn't even remotely make it 100% or even substantially their fault. Republicans still had to buy what he was selling. There is no walking around that responsibility. Democrats gave trump free air time, their blame extends only as far as that.

I agree states trying to remove trump from the ballot is over the line, but that isn't the initial act, it's a reactionary act to what trump did that was truly over the line. What is really over the line is a sitting president of the US asking his vice president to not just fail to certify an election with no actual evidence of election determinable fraud, but to outright overturn the results. Name a single thing any sitting democrat has done or tried to so that would be more damaging to the republic than had this worked.

Quote:

"Hmmm, if the tyrants are willing go this far to keep me from voting for that candidate than by god I'm going to support that candidate."
The idea that the trump personality cult doesn't exist but for lawfare is nonsense. The trump cult far predates this.

The real fool is one who generally thinks anyone, anywhere in government is a more tyrannical threat than trump himself. Trump is such a narcissist he pretends he's never lost a single election anywhere. Even when he won he claimed fraud because he lost the popular vote. Trump constantly and blindly claiming fraud while never producing evidence has fundamentally undermined election credibility. And I'm someone who supports voter ID laws.

Quote:

It's adorable that trump supporters think we are worried about this. Biden isn't a personality cult. We just aren't worried about defending him, and even if obliged, you can take every negative thing he's said, done, or tried to do, and give 5 examples of trump for each one. Biden is a standard everyday Washington politician with all the bad that comes with. Trump is a delusional man child that's burned the bridge of virtually everyone he's ever worked with. If not for trump being his opponent Biden's chances would be terrible this round and probably last as well.
LOL wow, OK man. The guy is easily the worst president in history if you even want to call him the president. It's pretty obvious he's a placeholder for whoever is actually calling the shots. His forte is supposedly foreign relations. It's one area that presidents have lots of influence over and he's taken a situation that was in great shape under Trump and turned it into a train wreck. He's even wrecked our relationship with Israel which is pretty hard to do. His Sec or State is goading Russia into a wider conflict. Destroying the energy industry. Leaving the strategic oil reserve empty, etc. You have a true stomach for risk if you aren't worried about four more years of Biden. Congrats I guess.
TxAgPreacher
S
Quote:

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Sapper Redux
TxAgPreacher said:

Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

Yes they wrote those words to protect sodomites from Religion from being pushed on them.... Revisionist Garbage. They left England specifically TO practice their religion, not to be free from religion.

Yes the bible, that I don't believe in actually supports my position.
Yes the founders who were racist evil slave owners, actually supported my position.

Absurd.
m
History isn't "my team is better than your team." Plenty of the initial colonists (particularly in the South) were not settling because of religious reasons, and by 1775 the Puritans were widely disliked even in New England.

And I see you're now moving the goalposts.
Sapper Redux
TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Deist language in the Declaration (not a legal document and not a governing document) is not proving your point. Where is your religion enshrined in the Constitution?
TxAgPreacher
S
Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

Deist language in the Declaration (not a legal document and not a governing document) is not proving your point. Where is your religion enshrined in the Constitution?
You are the cherry picker. You are so dishonest. It's obvious the founders did not agree with you, so I'm not even going to engage.
Macarthur
These America is a Christian nation talking points have been debunked for decades.
TxAgPreacher
S
When I read something "has already been debunked" I know its true.
Sapper Redux
TxAgPreacher said:

Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

You are the cherry picker. You are so dishonest. It's obvious the founders did not agree with you, so I'm not even going to engage.

Lol. You don't have an argument. You're just posting random quotes. That's not an argument. That's barely evidence for an argument.
TxAgPreacher
S
Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Quote:

Lol. You don't have an argument. You're just posting random quotes. That's not an argument. That's barely evidence for an argument.
I could post hundreds of quotes, but its a waste of time, because its so obviously absurd.

Yes the Christian men who have dozens of quotes about the bible being fundamentally important didn't use the bible in the way they governed.

It's so insane I know that even you don't believe that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.