Biden declares Easter "Transgender Day of Visibility"

26,932 Views | 826 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rongagin71
Beer Baron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So a safe space. What you want is a safe space. Like the ones snowflakes want.
TxAgPreacher
S
Yes I want to protect my kids from evil.
Rongagin71
AG
DeProfundis said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Beer Baron said:

TxAgPreacher said:

barbacoa taco said:

For everyone mad about this, you can rest assured, transgender day of visibility will not fall on the same date as Easter again until 2086.

https://www.census.gov/data/software/x13as/genhol/easter-dates.html#par_textimage_1067001717

How about good friday? How about any day during holy week?
Can we just get a list of dates that will hurt your fee fees if other people do things on them too? I know y'all like to complain about Christmas being over commercialized, but for our purposes here I'm assuming everything is off limits to anyone but Christians starting the day after Halloween when stores start decorating, all the way up through Epiphany.

Any day outside of a one month window is fine. Leaves over 300 days to choose.

My point was its antagonistic on purpose anyone honest would admit that.

To be fair you do have to shoehorn them into the other recognized days

This needs consolidation, it has reached ridiculous levels of something.
Sapper Redux
Now let's look at a list of saints' days.
Sapper Redux
TxAgPreacher said:

Yes I want to protect my kids from evil.

Luckily you don't get to decide for the rest of us.
schmendeler
AG
Turns out anyone can make a day on the calendar mean a particular thing to them. Wild!
Rongagin71
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Do you count every Sunday?
Beer Baron
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Plus all the same type of BS, made-up, "here's a way for our social media people team to push out a hashtag" days that aren't that different from the one that they're so worked up about. Just look at all these. June 4 is "National Christian T-Shirt Day." Right in the middle of Pride Month! I can't wait to lose my mind when that one gets here! And don't forget National Day of Praise and Worship on September 26 - a clear slap in the face to LGBT people everywhere a mere three weeks after Freddie Mercury's Birthday. They knew exactly what they were doing with that one.
Bob Lee
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

In your opinion why hasn't the White House made a proclamation about National Ferret Day? Why that day but not this day? Why aren't we lighting up our cities skylines in celebration of Ferret Day do you think?
Probably because it thinks trans people are more important than ferrets. I would tend to agree.

Presidents to proclamations for all kinds of things. Even Christian things. Here's a lovely one President Trump did on the National Day of Prayer.

Oops, sorry, that was President Biden, who I'm sure will do so again this May long after you've put this very upsetting episode behind you.

Christians don't want pronouncements from the president for a Trans day of visibility because the ideology it promulgates is bad. It's as simple as that. You can scoff at people's aversion to it. But what it actually IS, what it celebrates and does to children is disgusting.

The reason the White House chose to cast a spotlight on transgenderism, is because its survival relies on its pervasiveness. It's an ideology that can't spread but through the indoctrination of other people's children. And the White House knows what I and other Christians know. That cultural norms inform our children's consciences.
TxAgPreacher
S
Secular people should agree, because the ideology behind transsexualism is harmful to them too!
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

The reason the White House chose to cast a spotlight on transgenderism, is because its survival relies on its pervasiveness. It's an ideology that can't spread but through the indoctrination of other people's children. And the White House knows what I and other Christians know. That cultural norms inform our children's consciences.
This gem always gets tossed out there as if there weren't gay and trans people the whole time we were living in the good ole days of official and severe repression and marginalization.
schmendeler
AG
The truth is that it's always projection with them. Religious ideology is the one that has to be put on children for it to propagate.
TxAgPreacher
S
Yes, I do want all to be saved!
Sapper Redux
TxAgPreacher said:

Secular people should agree, because the ideology behind transsexualism is harmful to them too!

The way folks like you treat transgender people as borderline non-humans is disturbing.
TxAgPreacher
S
The way people like you treat them is cruel. To feed their delusion only destroys them.
DeProfundis
Beer Baron said:

TxAgPreacher said:

I don't want my kids, or any other person to be exposed to a harmful ideology, and I'm not afraid to say that the transsexual ideology is harmful.
So you're creating a space for your kids then. One that's safe from certain things. Is there a term for such a place?

lol, people like us are sending our kids to private schools and moving to exurbs 60 miles outside of the actual city? Of course we're creating a safe space.
Beer Baron
AG
schmendeler said:

The truth is that it's always projection with them. Religious ideology is the one that has to be put on children for it to propagate.
It's also a good example of why just just teaching your kids what you think is right and wrong isn't enough, and they have to supplement that with the "oppress the 'bad' groups into the edges of society (or worse)" approach. Kids tend to do that annoying thing where they grow up and form their own opinions about things, and if we give them the space to do that, they might think what you taught them was a bunch of crap. It's not just happening with issues like LGBT rights or others, it's happening with religion itself overall. Kids in general grow up to be less religious than their parents, and they hate that.
DeProfundis
Sapper Redux said:

How Grug like good thing but not bad thing if both thing?
Bob Lee
AG
schmendeler said:

You glossed over a key part of my statement. Speaking of propagation in the colloquial sense and, as long as we're not engaging the actual arguments, I think a key difference that reveals something to us about which of our ideologies is true and good, is that religious people tend to propagate, and trans people tend to frustrate the natural order of things. Hence, OTHER people's children.
DeProfundis
Beer Baron said:

schmendeler said:

It's also a good example of why just just teaching your kids what you think is right and wrong isn't enough, and they have to supplement that with the "oppress the 'bad' groups into the edges of society (or worse)" approach. Kids tend to do that annoying thing where they grow up and form their own opinions about things, and if we give them the space to do that, they might think what you taught them was a bunch of crap. It's not just happening with issues like LGBT rights or others, it's happening with religion itself overall. Kids in general grow up to be less religious than their parents, and they hate that.

You guys who haven't darkened the doorway of a church have it all wrong. People who never went to church and identified as religious because their grandma was are now saying they're agnostic. The ones that are going to church are wildly passionate about their faith. There is a groundswell of orthodoxy taking place.
Rongagin71
AG
Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

The way folks like you treat transgender people as borderline non-humans is disturbing.
The real cruelty is when children are pressured to have life changing surgery that cannot ever be totally repaired.
Beer Baron
AG
I don't doubt that the ones that go are passionate about it, but I disagree that it's only the ones who hardly ever went in the first place who are just formally severing a tenuous cultural connection. Those people are certainly there, but there are also plenty who were raised going to church every single Sunday (and then some), for whom it didn't "take" once they reached adulthood and could make their own decisions.

I think that's one way Christians are shooting themselves in the foot with this hardline, constant purification cycle thing they're in. For people who aren't already in it, it doesn't seem welcoming or necessary, so you're left relying heavily on the kids who are raised in it to replenish your numbers. Any attrition among them hurts, and then you're left with the hardcore ones who further alienate outsiders and more moderate people within. Rinse, repeat.
Macarthur
Rongagin71 said:

Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

The real cruelty is when children are pressured to have life changing surgery that cannot ever be totally repaired.

I think the problem here is that you are taking incredibly rare instances that had negative outcomes and extrapolating that over the entire group of practitioners that have had overwhelmingly positive outcomes and have literally saved many kids lives. If something goes horribly wrong, it should be treated like any other medical malpractice.
Bob Lee
AG
Beer Baron said:

I don't doubt that the ones that go are passionate about it, but I disagree that it's only the ones who hardly ever went in the first place who are just formally severing a tenuous cultural connection. Those people are certainly there, but there are also plenty who were raised going to church every single Sunday (and then some), for whom it didn't "take" once they reached adulthood and could make their own decisions.

I think that's one way Christians are shooting themselves in the foot with this hardline, constant purification cycle thing they're in. For people who aren't already in it, it doesn't seem welcoming or necessary, so you're left relying heavily on the kids who are raised in it to replenish your numbers. Any attrition among them hurts, and then you're left with the hardcore ones who further alienate outsiders and more moderate people within. Rinse, repeat.

The decline in Church membership is commensurate with, and happening at the same time as Christianity has become more and more culture driven. We've seen an increase in the appetites of Church leadership for ecumenism (in the worst sense of the word). It's the exact opposite of what you're saying. Apostolic Christianity is part of the oldest intellectual tradition in the West. We've largely traded it for bad catechesis, and watered down liturgy. To the point where adult Christians have a childlike 'big guy in the sky' understanding of who God is. This is what the people you're talking about were raised in. And it's how they're so easily taken in by things like new atheism. They've never even heard anything like an intellectually interesting argument in favor of Christianity in all that time growing up "in the faith". All they know is inclusion, tolerance, acceptance.

Orthodoxy isn't what's alienating people. It's bad theology.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

Orthodoxy isn't what's alienating people. It's bad theology.
I disagree, but I really, really hope y'all keep thinking that and behaving accordingly.
DeProfundis
Beer Baron said:

Numbers are going to explode, those that favor more traditional Christianity (at least in the Catholic Church) have a fertility rate 57% higher than those who prefer the ordinary form.

For example, in my men's group, 9 of us are between 30-40,. Of the 4 of us between 35-40 we have a total of 15 kids. Of the 5 between 30-34 they have a total of 21 kids. We're making our own army of fundamentalist Shi'ite Catholics
TxAgPreacher
S
My church is very traditional, and growing.

I think it's the most liberal who are leaving the faith entirely. Which is good. They weren't practicing anyways, and now they wont influence the more gullible.

A little leaven, leavens the whole lump.
TxAgPreacher
S
Same at my church.

We have at least 8 families in that age range. I think we have at least 34 kids in that group alone.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

Of the 5 between 30-34 they have a total of 21 kids. We're making our own army of fundamentalist Shi'ite Catholics
Good for y'all. We'll see how many stick with it into adulthood. Like I said, kids have that nasty habit of growing up to be their own people sometimes, and unless you form your own Duggar-like compound, it's hard to stop them from doing that. I get that you're working very hard to create a bubble for them like that town in that movie The Village, but most people just aren't doing that. Large families used to be very common and some of those kids grew up to not be as into the whole religion thing as their parents were, so just having a lot of kids and raising them a certain way doesn't guarantee you your little army.

Maybe one day you'll get your dream and get to toss people like me off buildings. Who knows. I think we're both working from a place of confirmation and sampling bias here - you see Christian zealots all around you breeding future Christian zealots and say "there's so many of us!" I see people leaving the religion they grew up in in droves and say "there's so many of us!" The truth is probably somewhere toward the middle of those two things, but until families with nine kids become the norm and not "that weird family down the street," I think the truth is somewhere closer to my end.
Bob Lee
AG
TxAgPreacher said:

My church is very traditional, and growing.

I think it's the most liberal who are leaving the faith entirely. Which is good. They weren't practicing anyways, and now they wont influence the more gullible.

A little leaven, leavens the whole lump.

Makes perfect sense. Liberalism doesn't mesh with Christianity. It's a pragmatic philosophical worldview first and foremost. It doesn't think it needs to answer the question of what the good is. In one sense I agree with you that we've really lost nothing when someone who is nominally Christian, but doesn't practice the faith, leaves the faith. The problem is with the level to which liberalism has been allowed to infiltrate Christianity. At least with the Church in America, seminaries are starting to pump out some pretty darn good priests. And I'm noticing a lot of Protestants are doing Christian apologetics really well. I'm generally encouraged and hopeful.

Plus what DeProfundis said. My wife is pregnant with our 6th, and our men's group consists of families with 10, 8, 7, 6, and a lot with 4+ children. With the current trajectory of infertility in America, we'll take over the world inside of a couple generations.
CrackerJackAg
AG
Rocag said:

In American Christianity, persecution is when other people don't inconvenience themselves to make accommodations for you.

This day is every March 31st. Get over yourselves.

As a Christian Easter Sunday is sacred and only to be celebrated as such. I understand this is a secular country and respect that.

Therefore:

As an American and a human I find transgender recognition day disgusting. I think it's icky and gross and I don't want to recognize or know them. They do not deserve violence or attacks of any kind. They should be able to live their lives peacefully as they choose. Everyone else should be able to live theirs without having to "recognize" them or celebrate them or even acknowledge them.

It's sick.
kurt vonnegut
AG
TxAgPreacher said:

I don't want my kids, or any other person to be exposed to a harmful ideology, and I'm not afraid to say that the transsexual ideology is harmful.

Do you get to decide what ideologies my children are exposed to? Or anyone's other than yours?

This thread is about extending basic freedom of speech and freedom of belief to everyone. The ideology that I find truly harmful is the one that says that 'because I know I'm right, I should be able to deny you the same freedoms that I enjoy'. I think its arrogant and disgusting.

The difference between the Christians and atheists in this thread is that EVERY single atheist here would fight to support your right to practice your faith. And I think we would be hard pressed to find a single Christian is this particular thread who would lift a finger to protect someone else's right to engage in one of the 'wrong' or 'harmful' ideologies.

DeProfundis
kurt vonnegut said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Do you get to decide what ideologies my children are exposed to? Or anyone's other than yours?

This thread is about extending basic freedom of speech and freedom of belief to everyone. The ideology that I find truly harmful is the one that says that 'because I know I'm right, I should be able to deny you the same freedoms that I enjoy'. I think its arrogant and disgusting.

The difference between the Christians and atheists in this thread is that EVERY single atheist here would fight to support your right to practice your faith. And I think we would be hard pressed to find a single Christian is this particular thread who would lift a finger to protect someone else's right to engage in one of the 'wrong' or 'harmful' ideologies.

That's because you have a morally relativist viewpoint. I doubt you'd fight for someone's right to prostitute their children would you? What about the right for parents to ground their children to their room? I'm sure you'd have differing opinions on those two subjects. That's what I don't understand about you guys, you say there are no such things as lines, and then set guidelines for where to draw them based on whatever the majority of society can agree on. Your philosophy is essentially "might makes right" dressed up in some enlightenment level gobbledygook about self-ownership.

The only way your philosophy makes sense, is in a world where right and wrong are just mere differences in opinion. In a morally relativist world you can't even tell us that what we're doing is wrong, it's just not your cup of tea. Without your ability to make a claim on us it becomes us just shouting at each other "I don't like what you're doing". Facile.
TxAgPreacher
AggieRain
AG
schmendeler said:

I think you are thinking of progressivism...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.