Biden declares Easter "Transgender Day of Visibility"

27,178 Views | 826 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rongagin71
Sapper Redux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AGC said:

Sapper Redux said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Yes I'm the boogeyman.

Actually I just want to nudge people in the right direction. Show them a better way. Keep them from destroying themselves with sin. Save their soul.

You seem awfully judgmental, and uncharitable with your aspersions for someone who calls everyone else hateful.

"Nudge them." The "nudges" have resulted in tremendous violence and harm towards people who cannot help who and what they are. The uncharitable judgement is from you and yours.

So here's where we see you're just trolling. You complain about comparisons to pedophiles and rapists but the logic you use is the same: they can't help who and what they are, can they? They suffer harm and violence because of it. So why marginalize it?

But consent and harm right? There are people on the left who have (and are) arguing those are social constructs. Remember the philosophers quoted earlier in the thread? When you've succumbed to critical and queer theories you've disarmed yourself. Be glad you still have Christian social mores left from the past to help you find a line.

Are you saying that trans people are equivalent to rapists? Are you that incapable of understanding the difference? Your religious ethics are a social construct as much as government laws and social mores. There are reasons for the lines that we have drawn and those lines do move. Your interpretation of religious ethics and requirements is not the same as Medieval or Late Anquity Christians. Why? Different societies constructing different understandings of their texts based on a range of influences. You can cherry-pick problematic arguments from certain people and claim "that's what all LGBTQ people want," but it's not the reality. It's just how you justify your bigotry towards transgender people.
schmendeler
AG
Funny that Fox news conveniently leaves out their own proclamation in favor of Trans day just a couple years ago.
Macarthur
dermdoc said:

Macarthur said:

Not only that, but there is a heavy narrative (even on FoxNews) that Biden did this ON PURPOSE, which makes it even more insane, IMO
Umm, Biden did make a proclamation about it. So he did highlight it on purpose. He obviously did not place it on Easter purposely.

He did not make a proclamation about Autism awareness day. There is a reason behind every politician's action.

But you see, he DID! That's the whole point. He's probably done this dozens of times and none of us notice because it's not important to our day to day lives.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2024/04/01/a-proclamation-on-world-autism-awareness-day-2024/#:~:text=NOW%2C%20THEREFORE%2C%20I%2C%20JOSEPH,as%20World%20Autism%20Acceptance%20Day.
dermdoc
AG
My bad. I was wrong.

But Christians do not consider autism a sin. I
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

But Biden did the same thing by making a proclamation about it. Which seems a pretty obvious way to energize his base. And from reading this thread, it seems to have worked.
I a) wouldn't know Trans Day of Visibility was a thing, or b) That Biden acknowledged it, if y'all hadn't screamed so loudly about it. Just like y'all wouldn't have known those things if Fox News hadn't screamed so loudly about it.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

But you see, he DID! That's the whole point. He's probably done this dozens of times and none of us notice because it's not important to our day to day lives.
BUT TODAY COULD BE EASTER SOMETIMES!
DeProfundis
Sapper Redux said:

dermdoc said:

And I have never heard of a support adultery day. Or support drunkenness, greed, etc.

Or an Adultery Pride month.

Transgender people aren't harming others. Others, particularly conservative religious people, are harming them.

I think if you look at the stats they're being harmed by young black males, I am unsure of their voting history
DeProfundis
schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

AGC said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

And I have never heard of a support adultery day. Or support drunkenness, greed, etc.

Christians in this country do not oppress adulterers or drunks or greedy people. You know, cuz you care far less about those sins than the 'icky' ones. If you did, you probably would have an adultery pride month.

You still don't see the reactionary relationship here - we don't have Brunette Hair Awareness Month either. Or Green Eye Celebration Day. Because no one really gives a **** what your hair color is or your eye color is. We don't treat people differently for their eye or hair color (generally). These Days and Months and Celebrations exist because they represent people that have been treated differently. The more and more Christians rail and hate the LGBTQ community, the bigger this thing gets.

This is the tell for how little time you've spent in our congregations (mine specifically but I imagine others too).

We wouldn't know, because it's kept in your congregation. See how that works?

And the drunks, adulterers, and greedy people are not having parades or claiming months to recognize them. They do not proclaim their sins in the public square.

See how that works?

They just run for president and are called god's chosen.

I think God's chosen are another group that I will refrain from discussing on the advice of my lawyer
schmendeler
AG
DeProfundis said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

AGC said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

Christians in this country do not oppress adulterers or drunks or greedy people. You know, cuz you care far less about those sins than the 'icky' ones. If you did, you probably would have an adultery pride month.

You still don't see the reactionary relationship here - we don't have Brunette Hair Awareness Month either. Or Green Eye Celebration Day. Because no one really gives a **** what your hair color is or your eye color is. We don't treat people differently for their eye or hair color (generally). These Days and Months and Celebrations exist because they represent people that have been treated differently. The more and more Christians rail and hate the LGBTQ community, the bigger this thing gets.

This is the tell for how little time you've spent in our congregations (mine specifically but I imagine others too).

And the drunks, adulterers, and greedy people are not having parades or claiming months to recognize them. They do not proclaim their sins in the public square.

See how that works?

I think God's chosen are another group that I will refrain from discussing on the advice of my lawyer
is he also in that group?
DeProfundis
schmendeler said:

DeProfundis said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

AGC said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

See how that works?

is he also in that group?

Of course, I'm an anti-Semite not an idiot (joke)
Sapper Redux
DeProfundis said:

Sapper Redux said:

dermdoc said:

Transgender people aren't harming others. Others, particularly conservative religious people, are harming them.

I think if you look at the stats they're being harmed by young black males, I am unsure of their voting history

Young black males are passing our state level laws? That's news.

Can we not start pulling in racist bigotry on top of LGBTQ bigotry?
BonfireNerd04
Sapper Redux said:

DeProfundis said:

Sapper Redux said:

dermdoc said:

Is it racist to acknowledge crime statistics?
kurt vonnegut
AG
dermdoc said:

See how that works?

Ugh, you are exactly proving my point and don't realize it. Christians aren't calling for laws making drunks, adulterers, and greedy people second class citizens. That is why they don't have parades and months and whatever for those sins.

The Christian hypocrisy here is that you have aaaaaaalllllllllll of these different sins, but you ONLY legislate against certain sinners. And then you point to the fact that the sinners whose sins you've decided to legislate against respond differently from those whose sins don't get legislated against as though it proves something wrong with the first group.

What do you think would happen if 100 million of the most conservative Christians started shoving laws through that made alcohol illegal and sex outside of marriage illegal and greed illegal? Treat all sinners the way you treat LGBTQ persons (from a legal perspective) and see what happens.
AggieRain
AG
BonfireNerd04 said:

Sapper Redux said:

DeProfundis said:

Sapper Redux said:

dermdoc said:

Is it racist to acknowledge crime statistics?

Recognizing inconvenient data is a tool of white supremacist oppression. Obviously.
kurt vonnegut
AG
dermdoc said:

My bad. I was wrong.

How about passing judgement, is that a sin?

Or passing laws making those with different values and beliefs second class citizens. Is that a sin?
AGC
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

See how that works?

Ugh, you are exactly proving my point and don't realize it. Christians aren't calling for laws making drunks, adulterers, and greedy people second class citizens. That is why they don't have parades and months and whatever for those sins.

The Christian hypocrisy here is that you have aaaaaaalllllllllll of these different sins, but you ONLY legislate against certain sinners. And then you point to the fact that the sinners whose sins you've decided to legislate against respond differently from those whose sins don't get legislated against as though it proves something wrong with the first group.

What do you think would happen if 100 million of the most conservative Christians started shoving laws through that made alcohol illegal and sex outside of marriage illegal and greed illegal? Treat all sinners the way you treat LGBTQ persons (from a legal perspective) and see what happens.

I feel like we already called for those laws and passed them. We didn't lead the repeal efforts, nor do we approve of such things now, despite what you may think. As most in America have given up on caring or just accepted the practice, we apply subsidiarity. Society at large is still waging battles over sexual identity and whether it should be permitted or not, so we're doing what we've always done; it's not novel or different than the past, but it does require you to know some of it.
dermdoc
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

My bad. I was wrong.

Or passing laws making those with different values and beliefs second class citizens. Is that a sin?

Most of the laws I have seen are about restricting what is taught in public schools and restricting age of surgical change. Which I agree with.

Are there laws that make them a second class citizen? I honestly do not know.

Oh, and if you are talking bathroom stuff, I would get arrested if I used the female bathroom. And just have a either sex bathroom.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DeProfundis
Sapper Redux said:

DeProfundis said:

Sapper Redux said:

dermdoc said:

No, they're the ones actually harming them, not making them pee in their own bathrooms

DeProfundis
kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

My bad. I was wrong.

No, judging someone's soul is a sin, judging someone's behavior is necessary and prudent. If the values and beliefs of the people are harmful to society or themselves then it is prudential to stop them
dermdoc
AG
Just curious, does a transgender females rights supersede my wife and daughter's rights if they do not want them in their bathrooms?
schmendeler
AG
dermdoc said:

Just curious, does a transgender females rights supersede my wife and daughter's rights if they do not want them in their bathrooms?

Ah yes the bathroom hysteria. Where we pretend that trans people are all creeps that want to molest others in the bathroom. Pretty low if you ask me.
dermdoc
AG
schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

Ah yes the bathroom hysteria. Where we pretend that trans people are all creeps that want to molest others in the bathroom. Pretty low if you ask me.

You want to ask my wife and daughters? This is not hysteria. It is common sense.

And hyperbole much? Who said anything about molestation? I believe my wife and daughters have the right to privacy (a literal Roe v Wade jab)?

Why do the trans females have more rights than my family?
schmendeler
AG
dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

You want to ask my wife and daughters? This is not hysteria. It is common sense.

Meanwhile trans people just can't use restrooms in public.
dermdoc
AG
schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

Sure they can. In a gender neutral bathroom. I see them every where now.
schmendeler
AG
dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

So then why don't your wife and daughter use them? No issue then i guess.
Beer Baron
AG
dermdoc said:

How do your wife and daughters feel about transgender males who were born female?
dermdoc
AG
schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

Because they are using the restrooms that corresponds to their biological sex. They did not have surgery or hormonal treatment to change their sex. Why should their rights be violated?

C'mon this is crazy.
dermdoc
AG
Beer Baron said:

dermdoc said:

How do your wife and daughters feel about transgender males who were born female?
No idea. We do not talk about this stuff unless it affects their privacy and rights. They could probably care less about them but would not date or marry them.

Do they not have rights on who they date or marry? How about obese males? Short males? Unattractive males?

As I said, this is crazy.

HumpitPuryear
AG
dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

And hyperbole much? Who said anything about molestation? I believe my wife and daughters have the right to privacy (a literal Roe v Wade jab)?

Why do the trans females have more rights than my family?
You aren't winning this argument appealing to common sense and decency. The mouthy Antifa gender-benders don't care that your wife or daughter is uncomfortable with a strapping man in their locker room or bathroom or playing point guard on the women's basketball team. The fact that you are disgusted by it, women are afraid, and that it tears at functional societal norms is the objective not an unexpected or unintentional consequence.

This is a great example. Society has tried accommodating them, at great expense, by building gender neutral bathrooms. Rather than appreciating that they instead demand to keep terrorizing your wife and daughter by following them into places where men shouldn't be present. These are just anarchists promoting anarchy.

Biden's handlers and the left approve because conflict is good for hiding the failures of their social and financial programs. Promoting racial strife, religious strife, rich vs poor, lgbq vs straight, etc. Its all different sides of the same coins.
schmendeler
AG
dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

Because they are using the restrooms that corresponds to their biological sex. They did not have surgery or hormonal treatment to change their sex. Why should their rights be violated?

C'mon this is crazy.

You've already established that using a gender neutral bathroom is no inconvenience. You have also established that you don't have a right to use the bathroom you are most comfortable with.
dermdoc
AG
schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

schmendeler said:

dermdoc said:

C'mon this is crazy.

You've already established that using a gender neutral bathroom is no inconvenience. You have also established that you don't have a right to use the bathroom you are most comfortable with.
We use gender neutral bathrooms if no one else is in there. So we have no rights to privacy? And you are putting words in my mouth. I said you should have to use the bathroom that corresponds to your birth gender. Do the other bathroom users have any rights?

And since this is the religion forum, read Roman's 1. There is nothing new under the sun.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

No idea. We do not talk about this stuff unless it affects their privacy and rights. They could probably care less about them but would not date or marry them.
Yeah but where can they pee? They were born female, but present as masculine. By your rule, they're in the ladies' locker room. I'm assuming you're cool with that?
schmendeler
AG
Your right to privacy doesn't mean that others can't use the bathroom if they need to. Your stance effectively means that trans people can't use the restroom if there is no gender neutral option. (which by my experience is at least 90% of businesses)

Why does your wife and daughters discomfort override a trans person's need to use the restroom?
TxAgPreacher
S
schmendeler said:

Your right to privacy doesn't mean that others can't use the bathroom if they need to. Your stance effectively means that trans people can't use the restroom if there is no gender neutral option. (which by my experience is at least 90% of businesses)

Why does your wife and daughters discomfort override a trans person's need to use the restroom?
Seriously? They can go to the bathroom. Nobody has taken their rights. Their right to be comfortable doesn't trump the vulnerable women and children's right to be comfortable.

My 7 year old is smart enough to know, if you have a pee pee you're a boy, and you go to the men's room. If not the women's. If that's not ok with you than go in your house, or in a unisex single person bathroom.

None of this is on topic. But this is what they do, attack your beliefs that bring stability to society, and then cry victim. They are not oppressed, and we wont give them extra rights.

I'm back btw.
barbacoa taco
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

BUT TODAY COULD BE EASTER SOMETIMES!
hold up... I just realized that Easter next year is going to be 4/20.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.