Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RWB out for OSU Game [Original thread -Staff]

116,546 Views | 429 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bonfired
Koach05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
King
AG
Still have goosebumps.
So proud to be an Aggie and an American
helgs
AG
So awesome. I wasn't "interested" in colleges in 9/11/01 (just started junior year of high school), but still heard about it and thought it was awesome.

I remember being a freshman in 2003 and still seeing these shirts on campus. That's my only "connection" to this event, but it's easily in my top 5 favorite images of A&M.

[This message has been edited by helgs (edited 9/11/2012 5:55p).]
Agswinning
Wish I still had the Tshirt. I must have worn that thing a hundred times!
Capt. America
AG
Awesome!
sleepybeagle
Mark Fairchild
AG
We still have the t-shirts. One of the best examples of the AGGIE ability to get something of importance done, and done
"top drawer". That is one of my proudest memories.

Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Oscar Diggs
AG
needs to be an automatic bump every year on this date
Frisco
AG
bump
buckinaggie
Amazing moment that showed what A&M is all about.
amercer
Aggies Revenge
AG
I still have my white t-shirt, purchased for me by a fellow Ag since I could not get off duty to go to the game. It will never leave my possession.
Frok
AG

Is that Sumlin?
chipotle
probably, he was here as an assistant in 01
BQ84 -ORP
stinky pinky
I still have my red t-shirt from that day. I will always remember that day at Kyle.
phoenixcon
AG
While I wasn't there (I was a freshman in HS and not thinking about college yet), just the images from that game never fail to give me chills.
aggie_2001_2005
This is the first thread I ever read on TexAgs, and it eventually prompted me to join a little over a year later. Damn time flies.
Hobbes01
AG
I have the small poster with essentially the pic below on it that was sold on campus later that year hanging in my office. Poster went up when I first started work in 2002 and has never come down (other than to be relocated as my office has changed over the years). Still remember sitting in my 8:00 SolidWorks class when someone came in late with the news of a plane hitting the WTC. Despite each of us sitting in front of a computer trying desperately to find details, every major news website wouldn't load. Took awhile to finally learn some details.

Iowaggie
AG
I got a little choked up looking at those photos again.

Today is such a sad day for many, and I try to avoid reliving those images and memories.

But those photos bring back such proud memories of A&M.
nukeaggie2000
AG
I still remember being told to focus on my work/training and not worry about the news until I was finished. (I was in a nuclear plant control room listening to the operators talk about it)
MondayMorningQB
AG
Every year I am reminded of what a special place we all live in and how grateful I am for my family, friends, coworkers and amazing people I have met in my life. Twelve years ago on this day we had a tragedy strike that we will always remember, and the unique thing I observered and felt after that moment was the unmatched level of not only patriotisim but equally the true caring connection for the fellow American—even a complete stranger.

Many events and actions occurred days, weeks, and years later to cope and pull through this together as a country. For me, Aggieland’s Standing for America red, white, and blue out game was a special moment and what I will always find amazing is how 86,000 people within one week’s time coordinated this effort. I wanted to share this today as we go throughout our business and lives to let the important people in your life know how much they mean to you and for you to pause, even if only for a moment, to stop and appreciate life.

Today, we remember the victims and first responders who lost their lives in New York and Pennslyvania and thank all Americans who help protect us each and every day in our Police departments, Fire departments, and Armed Forces.

Every day and especially today, I am proud to be an American.

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
Random Ag
AG
Wore red and still have my t-shirt.

Not trying to make light but easily the football highlight of being a student during the '01-'05 years...
Gary79Ag
AG
Wearing my red RW&B out shirt today (11/15/2013), and everyday, for little Otto Gruner, son of Kourtney (AGGODDESS on this ole thread) and Gus Gruner since the little trooper was first admitted to Texas Children's Hospital almost 2 weeks ago and recently diagnosed with ATRT, an extremely aggressive and invasive terminal cancer. ( May God Bless little Otto and his family!!! Gig`em and BTHO cancer!!!
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Wore red and still have my t-shirt.

Not trying to make light but easily the football highlight of being a student during the '01-'05 years...
No question...I completely agree.
. . .
Here
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
I am repeating what ag2003 stated in another post:
"I think it would be a great act of US pride if we wore red, white and blue for the OSU game."

Great idea.

In my own opinion, TO take it one step further and to really make a nice statement would be to cooridinate :

3rd deck :Red
2nd deck :White
1st deck: blue.

gig'em and God Bless.
agsrwe '01

[This message has been edited by agsrwe (edited 9/12/2001).]

***Chills***
Ribby P
Capt. America
Foamcows
AG
wow, texags community sure has changed. We used to be proactive, make things happen. Now its all stupid jokes about black eyes and complaining about statues...lots of talk, no action.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I had no idea TexAgs held the origins of RWBout. Truly the greatest thread in the history of the website, and probably the greatest example of selfless service the school has ever seen.

"Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve. America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining."

Here.
BaileyAg
AG
good bull
Here4Beer
AG
Wow just wow! Hard to believe I was 11 years old when they did this. I can still remember my parents, who were not Aggie fans mind you, watching the news talk about this and being blown away by the Aggie Spirit. My respect and love for A&M was planted right then and there.
Goodest Poster
AG
Never Forget
MROD92

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.