Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RWB out for OSU Game [Original thread -Staff]

116,555 Views | 429 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bonfired
Boy Named Sue_old
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK, here's my suggestion although it probably won't get read atthe end of this long thread.

Student tickets are pulled according to what deck you want your tickets on. In other words, there are separate lines for each deck. We need to get the ticket office to post which color to wear at the window so that the student that pulls the tickets will know and can tell everyone he pulled them for what color they are to wear. This will take care of some of the confusion, now if the Battalion can just get it right for a change then we might be able to pull this off.
FullDraw
AG
REDPOTS scheme has my vote (as if it counts).
3rd: RED
2nd: WHITE
1st: BLUE

The Dude abides
The Kraken
AG
There needs to be appropriately colored t-shirts on sale outside and inside the stadium. Sounds like a good fundraiser for some organizations. A good message on the shirts would be nice, too.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
working on it, as we speak literally all proceeds go to the NY/DC.
Mikeyshooter
AG
flyers are all over the dorms on south side. great job on spreading the idea guys!!!
EEAG97
Ags,
We need something Official. I have talked to several friends at work and they did not seem too excited due to this effort being "un-organized" (as of now). Someone mentioned the news program that was looking for confirmation. I think most news organizations would jump at the chance to spread this idea if they had something a little more solid. I know this has been short notice and there are people working HARD on this issue. Just please let me know when we have something like a WEBSITE or an on-line article or something. I will continue to do what I can from here.

Thanks for giving us all the opportunity to do something tangible to show our feelings of support for our fellow countrymen.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
You people had better be careful. This should not be used as "a good fundraiser for some organizations," like Newworldag just said. If we start using the death of these Americans to further our own causes then we are no better than the terrorists who commited these horrible acts. It sounds like you are getting caught up in the excitement of this and missing what these people really need.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
Just make sure this is seen as a completely non-profit event that is meant only for the emotional support of those who have been hurt by the attacks. We DO NOT NEED organizations using this as their fundraisers!
samuel99
in response to: "The Maroon Out Staff fully supports this effort to show our patriotism,however we don't feel that there is much we can do except show our support of the effort. We do offer one suggestion...instead of the third deck wearing red, we think it might be a good idea to incorporate Maroon here. Considering the fact that most Aggies don't own a red shirt, this might also show the love and thanks we show to those Aggies who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom. "Aggie Patriotism", if you will. However this mission pans out, we are in full support of it, but we will be selling Maroon Out shirts before the OSU game simply because there are several Aggies who want to buy shirts and are only in town for the games. We appreciate you thinking of us during this time.

Maroon Out Staff"

My only hope is that you are a bunch of freshman 2nd or 3rd generation A&M students with the excuses of youthful stupidity and no opportunity to have experienced anything in life beyond Dad's idolization of Aggie football and money.

Texas A&M is not a nation. It is a school. A great one, of which I am a proud graduate. School spirit is a good thing when taken in the context of the other priorities of life. But it is not life in and of itself.

There is no such thing as "Aggie Patriotism." An Aggie can be patriotic, and many of us are, but love for where one received an education cannot be mistaken for the duty to protect and honor the traditions of the world's longest-surviving bastion of freedom.

Flags are symbols. The Red in the flag, as you probably do not know, stands for the blood of patriots that has mixed with the blood of tyrants over these 225 years to water the tree of liberty which offers the fruits of freedom which you and I take for granted too often.

The blood that spilled at Concord and Lexington, at Gettysburg and Antietam, at the Little Big Horn, in the trenches of France and Germany, at Omaha Beach and on Iwo Jima, in Pyongyang and Hamburger Hill, in the Iraqi desert and the streets of Mogadishu, and at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon was not Maroon.

It was red. The whole point is to identify with the symbolism of Old Glory.

So, you are left with three options:

1. Get behind Red, White and Blue Out and help with your distribution network and contacts in the T-shirt business.

2. Compete (what you promised to do above)

3. Run screaming to Daddy (in charge of a local A&M club) and get Former Students pawn Bowen to raise hell about students trying to show their support for the United States of America instead of their credit card numbers to Texas A&M.

I believe that, as Aggies, you will do the right thing. Years from now, another Maroon Out in a meaningless early-season game will be forgotten. OSU is not Nebraska or t.u., folks.

But that in our nation's darkest hour, the students of Texas A&M put pride in the greatest nation on the planet (to Hell with any cultural-diversity types who say otherwise) before the fleeting desire to see an athletic team succeed will speak volumes about the kind of spirit that lives at Texas A&M.

We are Aggies, but more importantly, we are Americans. Let's show the world where our true loyalties lie, and that though our hearts are broken, our resolve is strong.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
This is great. Just what needs to be happening. Lets call the maroon out staff names and make stupid child-like remarks because they do not make the correct statement in regard to the RWBout. So what if some of us AGs do not wear the red white or blue shirts? Do we somehow not care as much as the ones who do? Better be careful here. We do not need people being abused because they do not happen to wear a certain color shirt.
WhoDat
AG
Fanatic,
You are exactly right! If people want to support the RWB out go for it. But if others choose to remember and pay respect in other ways, support that as well. Some people like myself have certain shirts they where regardless of weather or any other circumstances. If that makes me unsympathetic I think you need to re-evaluate yourself. Maybe I am more comfortable paying homage on my own terms. Like I said it would be neat, but don't cuss those who choose not to participate.
ag2003
AG
Just to defend the Maroon Out Staff, they have contacted me and said they would be more than willing to help us out with any info they can give. Yall have to realize that their task is monumental, too, and to all of a sudden totally change tasks would be too hard.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
I was just over at the osu board where an osu fan who had family who may have been lost in the attack was attacked because he said the rwbout was silly. The Aggies who put this event ahead of his feelings are pathetic. This is why I do not like this event. The excitement is causing too many of us Ags to put our feel good about ourselves feelings ahead of those who have lost, or may have lost, loved ones in this horrific event. He was called ignorant because he did not support it. Well if he is ignorant because he is greiving for someone he may have lost then what are the Ags for attacking him?
Dustin00whoop
AG
O.K. Just to let everyone know, this is going to work--not that anyone ever doubted it. I received the Red, White, & Blue email 3 times over the span of 30 minutes. I, of course fowarded it on to every Aggie I know. This is a great idea & it makes me so happy to be a Fightin' Texas Aggie because I know that not only are Aggies the only ones who would think of something like this, but also that We are the only ones who could pull this off. My prayers go out to the victims & their families.

Gig'em
Dustin '00
gigem96too
Aggie_Fanatic, I can understand you reservations.
Well, hopefully enough other Ags apologized for this unfortunate individual. People, I think it is important that we not forget why we would be doing the RWB Out: to remember those who lost their lives and to show support and UNITY to these mad men that America will not back down.

Come on guys, maroon or red, who cares?? From a distance (on the field or in the other stands) I can assure you that it really wont matter. It will all look red. I understand peoples argument for red, but that is a trivial issue. I will be in the white section anyway, so it should be easy from me. If you got red, wear it, but if you show up in maroon, nobody will kick you out. Join the group and cheer America on!

[This message has been edited by gigem96too (edited 9/13/2001).]
AB2
AG
Also, Proceeds will be donated to a VERY worthy cause in the NY area.
LestatBQ
Hey all,

I just want you to know that many of my buddies and I are very supportive of this idea. Even though we will be wearing our uniforms in the Band we will be, more then likely, wearing Red, White and Blue ribbons on our uniforms to at least show a little support. Regardless of the ribbons, the spirit will be in our hearts and our halftime show. I hope we pull this off, it would really send inspiration across America.
Gig' em,

Woody Bell
FIghting Texas Aggie Band
ag2003
AG
Aggie Fanatic,
I totally understand where you are coming from. Those comments about him were terrible. Were these Aggies that called him ignorant? I certainly hope not. I will have to respectfully disaggree with you on the point that this is a make-myself-feelgood event. I think this is the best way to get even low-income students to donate (by buying t-shirts), which they otherwise most likely would not donate too. It also is a platform for our alumni to donate. I also think this will be a way to bring companies together to donate to the funds. Every bit of this money will go directtly to the families affected. I hope that this man will receive some of the funds we get. I'm sorry I disagree with you, but I feel this can really make a difference while making a statement that we are still united as a country. No one is making anyone do this, but the amazing support we have already been given is enough to make us feel like this is honorable enough to carry on.
MarcAg
AG
Fanatic, can you post a link to this board? Would just like to read what was being said about it? Thanks
KW Driver
Fanatic,

You need to settle the hell down. I saw the thread at the OSU board. The OSU Fan was called ignorant because he said no OSU fan would wear red. The point Gigem03 was making was that the fact that the OSUFan did not want to wear the red of our flag because of their piddling rivalry with OU was stupid, not his objection to the RWB out. Gigem03 also apologized himself for any offense that his statement caused.

MarcAg http://oklahomastate.alliancesports.com/showmsg.asp?fid=193&tid=1161227&sid=932&style=2

"I'll always be an Aggie. I may wear blue, silver, and grey now, but I'll always be maroon and white at heart. Tell 'em I miss 'em and I hope to come down and see 'em beat the hell out of Texas." Jason Glenn

Tex_Ark_Ag
Maybe we can contact the Airforce to do a fly-over.
jw94
3rd - Red
2nd - White
1st - Blue

Please stop trying to change this as now thousands of people know about it and you will cause great confusion.
AggieLady79
I think this is a great idea. I only wish I'd found out about it earlier enough to comment about the order of the colors before it was set in stone. Red traditionally goes at the bottom of both the U.S. flag and the Texas flag, as it represents blood shed in defense of our country or state. Blue represents heaven or the sky. It would have been nice to have had that symbolism carried out in the stands as well.

Not trying to cause confusion.
jackrabbit
AG
All of my t-shirts are maroon and white...but my wife has a red one. So I will be in the third deck...in red. Gig 'em!
AggieStang01
Just my humble opinion (I could be wrong), but I don't think that we should do the "Beat the hell outta OSU" yell next weekend. I will agree with an earlier post....if we beat the hell outta anything, it should be Bin Laden.

Phil '01 - Damn proud to be an American
Don Don Horn
This would be very classy if yall can pull this off, and I do not doubt that yall will.

H-town ag
AG
It should be ---

Blue (top)
White (middle)
Red (bottom)

So that it visibly represents our flag.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
Yes kw he did apologize, but he still made a point of saying that it was ignorant to not wear the red. My point is that our wanting to wear these colors for the support of America should not cause us to be rude to someone who may have lost someone in this attack. In doing so we are loosing touch with why we want to do this in the first place. That is why I could see this as becoming something more for us than for them. Gigem03 should have let it go and should have understood what osufan was going through. However, gigem03 still had to make the point that osufan was still being ignorant. If I had a loved one in the wtc and I was treated by Aggies in this way, then I would have a hard time having any respect for A&M.

That being said, ag2003 has done a good job of rassuring me that they are doing all they can to make sure this event comes off as a show of support for the fallen, their families and for America. I can support that. But let us never loose sight of what these people are going through.
MarcAg
AG
H-Town makes total since, I wonder about this yesterday when someone posted how it will look like the flag of some country (sorry forgot the country) but it is way too late to change.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
Marcag, apparently the link has been posted already. I hope it worked. I have been attempting to access it and I cannot. Sorry for not putting it up earlier, but I have been busy with school and my son.

WaltonLoads03
I'm sure BooBoo has already heard about this, but I'll tell him when I get home this evening. This is a great idea. I hope everyone will participate.
txaggiedan
Ok folks let's not try to read to much into this..
The only reason it was mentioned to be 3rd-Red 2nd-white and the 1st blue is b/c the way we say it..Red,White&Blue...It's suppose to be a simple gesture/statement anyone in america that can't peice together what we are trying to do or say here..Obviously doesn't get out much or turn their TV on or radio..Sorry someone posted earlier stating that they may mistake our color scheme as a different country's flag...Also posted the proper positioning of the colors like I said it is a simple but bold gesture/statement..No need to get all PC about it..Let's make sure this happens....
I own a blue shirt and I will be wearing it on the 1st deck of the zone....As far as the Maroon Goes for one time we can put the Maroon down and do this...

Gig'em
big aggie
we got this in Kansas City earlier today and have already sent it out to hundreds of aggies outside of texas. it is spreading fast. i think it is a great idea and i plan on being blue next week. section 102.
foghorn
ags...if you pull this off it will capture the imagination of the country! This is one of the best ideas I've seen...AND it's doable.

For those worried about the order of colors...forget it. You have a world-class idea here and everyone needs to buy into the hard work already done by your leaders.

Way to go ags...I'm proud of you!

WHOOP!'91
AG
I can see absolutely no reason not to participate in this gesture. If you want to do something else as well, that's great. I just don't get the people that are saying if they don't participate, its OK. I can think of no good reason not to wear your American colors to show your American pride. If you are comfortable with your "reason", feel free not to participate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.