Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RWB out for OSU Game [Original thread -Staff]

116,561 Views | 429 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bonfired
MarcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would the Corps participate in this? They don't do the Maroon Out, but this has to do with their country.
ag2003
AG
I like the flag idea. I hope we could get the corps to do this, too.

[This message has been edited by ag2003 (edited 9/12/2001).]
jdwAg20/91
AG
Doesn't the Corps go straight to their seats after march-in? They would either have to do away with march-in (not an option, in my opinion), or start march-in sooner to allow CTs time to back to the quad and change. OR, they could just do march-in in Cs and Ts (camo bottoms, combat boots, and white t-shirts.
MarcAg
AG
Can they not march in wearing blue shirts?

[This message has been edited by MarcAg (edited 9/12/2001).]
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I dont htink they would do that, but they're wearing military looking uniforms, so it's the whole surreal military/patriotism/pride thing.
aTmojo
we need to make sure and get the word out to the osu faithful as well. osu student news paper, student 'sspirit'organizations, the stillwater news paper, stillwater news stations, perhaps the dallas morning news... osu alumni orginization...

gig'em, God bless America.

[This message has been edited by aTmojo (edited 9/12/2001).]
Jarrin' Jay
AG
E-mail Dave South, Wally, and Miles Marks so they can get it on the official site and in the next exec. dir. e-mail!

Beat the Hell!
JeepWaveEarl
AG
done done and done

just gotta wait for the game now
red00pb
Make it first deck Maroon
Second deck white
Thirs deck blue
Fumunda '97
Well sh*t!...Now Im confused...Just let everyone know what colors when everything gets worked out...
PistolChad
Someone down there should contact the local Media outlets and maybe your AD office and see about mailing out something to all ticket owners.

Also, possibly get a local t-shirt vendor to show up on gameday and sell shirts for a decent price to people who didn't hear.
hamster
AG
I emailed Fox Sports and ESPN an email explaining the RWB out and a link to this thread for more info. Thought they might want to help us spread the word since it's not until next Sat.

If they respond, you will be the first to know.
RedlegAg

[This message has been edited by RedlegAg (edited 9/12/2001).]
RedlegAg
GOOD IDEA

CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN, GET THOSE SOB'S
Loaded
AG
We need consistency guys. Red, white and blue on 3rd, 2nd and 1st decks (respectively) will be hard enough to organize. Lets not have half the people show up in the wrong colors on the wrong decks because there were too many individuals offering disinformation. Likewise, the game will be on television. People in other parts of the nation will recognize red, white and blue. However, it might seem pretentious to the general population if we have maroon, white and blue. We will be on national tv, let's have a national theme.

[This message has been edited by Loaded (edited 9/12/2001).]
ballershotcaller
If I might offer a suggestion:

Why not try to get a big sponsor involved, to wit: Old Navy. I know timing is extremely tight, but if you get the right person involved, they might be willing to donate or offer at substantial savings some of their American Flag shirts. This would be great Pr for them and help us accomplish our goal as well.

Its worth a call or two. They may jump allover it in light of the recent events.

Make it happen.
REDPOTS
THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE PLANNING ON THE12THFAN.COM

3RD RED
2ND WHITE
1ST BLUE

hamster
AG
checked my email, had one from ESPN.
Got all excited.
Opened it - it was a confirmation they got my email.
candi03
God Bless America and God Bless the Aggie Spirit! I have had a tough time for a few years really trying to decide if I should be here at Texas A&M, and I now know that I shouldn't be anywhere else! I'M HOME! Let me know if there is anything that I can do!!!
Email me: candi@neo.tamu.edu
Thank you for coming up with this idea keep praying!!
Stalker
If any group can pull it off, it will be us.

Great idea guys!
aggiebylegacy
<Enthusiastic applause!!!> What a great idea...way to go, Ags!!!!

[This message has been edited by aggiebylegacy (edited 9/12/2001).]
hamster
AG
Anyone email the ABC, CBS, NBC affiliates in Houston, Dallas, Austin, etc. yet? You know Marvin Zindler wants to know.

I'll be more than happy to do it if no one already has.
Old Style
Even if someone already has, I don't think it would hurt to e-mail them again.
Win At Life
AG
Great Idea! How about a roll call to keep this on top until the game? The first two are:

Me: White.
My son Kyle: White.
hamster
AG
Making a list of all their emails right now. I am about to head to class and will send them tonight. Y'all keep it up while I'm gone.
4thmac
FYI - I'm still going maroon.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
LAND OF THE FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE
Old Style
4thmac- Why? Will it kill you to show support for your country ahead of your school for one game?!
Old Style
I just got an e-mail back from Miles Marks and while he said he thinks that this is a great idea, he will not be sending out an e-mail to 12th Man Foundation members until given the instruction by Wally Groff because the 12MF is only a "fundraising arm" of the athletic department. Very disappointing.

Send the e-mails on to Wally Groff.

[This message has been edited by TimAg95 (edited 9/12/2001).]
agwin12
AG
This would be unbelievable. I will be watching in AZ and I think the idea is GREAT!!!! Yes, this is what being an Aggie and an American is all about. And having OSU contribute is a true Aggie idea. I look forward to seeing the success in TV. God bless all of the victims' families.
TENN.AG88
AG
I'll be in red on the third deck. The Corp's should be in uniform or BDU's. The country needs to see the future military leaders who will be kicking terriost butt the next few years.
Reclamation
I'll be wearing Red at the top of THE ZONE! Great Idea.

Squeeze and be strong Ags.

E. Scott Swanson '93
www.originalrockmusic.com
aggie93
AG
I will be in Red in the 3rd Deck of the Zone!

Don't wear maroon instead of red, it defeats the entire purpose and would show us to be incredibly arrogant.
wacoag85
Great idea Ags. Someone please get the word to the corps of cadets reunion.
also, i have to be against Cadets and BQ's out of uniform. The nation and our enemies need to see who the red cracker boys are who are fixing to whip terrorism a new one !!!

"GIBE ME AN ARMY OF WEST POINT GRADUATES AND I'LL WIN A BATTLE .GIVE ME A HANDFUL OF TEXAS AGGIES AND I'LL WIN A WAR " Gen . George S. Patton

WE'RE READY , GEORGIE !!!!!!!
Joe KID
AG
Great Idea!

Another recommendation on color: For those sitting on the first deck, Blue, wear dark blue so as to match the color in our flag.

Also, forward to all Aggie Clubs. I've forwarded it to the Capital City Aggie Club President (don't know if this had already been done)
NyAggie
AG
This is an amazing idea, and if it happens, I will be watching the game with tears in my eyes!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.