Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RWB out for OSU Game [Original thread -Staff]

116,552 Views | 429 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bonfired
Lucas Jackson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So proud that I was there that day, in the second deck wearing white.
old ag 2003
AG
I was wearing a red RWB shirt that was way too small for anyone that is 6'3"...but I wore the hell out of it. I think I'll save it for when I have a 5 year old kid...
gougler08
AG
quote:
What a great event. Very proud to be an American and an Aggie that day!

I was there wearing blue, what a memory
iisanaggie
AG
That was an awesome day! I remember how neat it was to see OSU fans buying the shirts. They wanted to be a part of the experience. Even though we were there to support different schools, we put that aside to remember that, first and foremost, we are Americans!
SchmidtAggie12
Was there in the 3rd deck! That was just an incredible experience! I was only 11 but I remember that day thoroughly! Proud to be an Aggie, Proud to be an American!

edit for spelling

[This message has been edited by SchmidtAggie12 (edited 9/11/2009 2:14p).]
quirkyaggie
AG
That was one of the best days to be an Aggie. I was on first deck right behind the band, wearing my blue shirt. I remember a few tears as well.
75AG
AG
Reading the thread and damn allergies started acting up again. GDAMMIT... Ags can do ANYTHING we set our minds to.
ShouldastayedataTm
I had two co-workers walk in as I was reading this again for the umpteenth and far from final time. My eyes were watered and they asked why, I went back to the beginning and we spent 45 minutes reading it again. Now three of us have watery eyes, and they are both sips. Seeing this thread every year is such a healing thing for me, may it never disappear.
old ag 2003
AG
quote:
Was there in the 3rd deck! That was just an incredible experience! I was only 11 but I remember that day thoroughly!

Rarely do I feel old seeing as I'm only 28, but this post managed to do the job. Great experience to remember from your childhood though I'm sure.
CoolAggie
AG
Thanks for bringing this to the top. I was wearing blue in lower deck of the Zone with my little sis.
The AntAGonist
AG
I was there. 3rd deck, standing with the 12th Man, right by the third American flag on the right if you are looking at the pic. Absolutely amazing.
akaggie05
AG
I was a freshman, near the south end of the 2nd deck proudly sporting my white.
mac_075
Wow. Incredible Bull. Couldn't be more proud to attend this school or live in this country
SchizoAg
AG
I was the one who made the color map in Photoshop:

I think we can all agree that this qualifies me as "Father of RWBout". ;-)
Coby
AG
I just saw this for the first time. I always saw the pictures, but didn't realize it was 10 days after the 9/11 attacks.

Is there actually going to be an attempt to do it again this year since the LaTech game falls on September 11?

Maybe it was decided in the thread that we shouldn't do it and I just missed it. If this is the case, sorry.
steve73
AG
I still have my RED shirt from that day! What an amazing feat by a group of A&M students. Rereading this thread is an example of what a group committed to a principle can accomplish. It was a very PROUD day in Aggieland!
DDowl44
AG
I think that we should do a Red White and Blue out and donate to some charity like either Fisher's House or Wounded Vet's Project. I think if that was done it would be really cool again.

I cannot fiddle but I can build a great state from a small city-Themistocles
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2009
Titan 20
True to our Corps could ask no more
Bast damn outfit on Campus
Win At Life
AG
People should post more pictures from that game. I only saw one on page 4.
Face
AG

aggiedad04
S
The official print they sold/gave away still hangs on my living room wall and will as long as I have anything to say about it!!!!
12th Man
AG
I remember this thread, just as I remember that time. And what a pivotal, poignant and cathartic era it was, and my life forever changed because of 9/11 (I was recalled into the Navy and spent the next two years far away). The whole RWB Out story still makes me tremble with pride, and I'm reminded of it periodically when people across the planet bring it up when I mention A&M.

Anybody else remember that sh_tty "Sidelines" series on ESPN? If memory serves, the only decent episode was their story about RWB Out.
AggieRinger
AG

AG
This is the first time I have seen this post and didn't realize that it started here on TexAgs. I was there in the Zone Sec 125 Row 20 Seat 1. I still have my blue shirt.
Swabbie02
AG
One of my favorite games I was on the 45 at the top of the second deck wearing white. I still have all three shirts however.
Noble Men
AG
It is weird seeing a post from yourself from so many years ago.

TexasAggie91, I must have been sitting very close to you that day. To bad, I did not take the time to get to know you. My seats that year in were in 125 either row 20 or 21, I can not remember off the top of my head.
2ndYearSenior
AG
Motel California
jrgypsum
Eating my oatmeal - with tears in my eyes.

This still moves me.
Tincup12
May this never happen again,

ONE great everlasting memory
AginKS
This game and the ability (and willingness) to get this wonderful display of patriotism done is one more reason why I LOVE calling myself an Aggie.

For God, country, and A&M
Frag
KW Driver
I got to experience this with my parents. (Father is a Vietnam Vet). I will never forget this day and how proud I felt of fellow Aggies. We were in blue that day by the way.
Bonfired
AG
Can't believe I didn't post on this thread before...I went to Rubberneck's in Houston to pick up my shirt on September 20th and promptly lost my phone. A good Ag picked it up and called my mom (I didn't have my own home # in the phone at the time), which scared the hell out of her because some man that wasn't her son was asking who she was 9 days after 9/11.

We met at Hooters on Kirby the next day so I could get my phone...I offered him a reward, but all he asked for was that I pay for the beer, which sounded like a fair trade to me.

RWB Out was my birthday...I don't think I've ever been prouder to be an Aggie than I was that day and it was the idea of some very patriotic and enterprising students. I'm still amazed that all of this happened in less than 2 weeks.
SchmidtAggie12
Was there as an 11 year old boy with my pops wearing red

It was an amazing site to see
94Aggie95
AG
What an awesome day that was! My wife and I were in our red shirts on the third deck. I wore mine on 9/11 this year again. Very proud to be an Aggie seeing such a huge coordinated effort coming together so well in such a short amount of time!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.