Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RWB out for OSU Game [Original thread -Staff]

116,536 Views | 429 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bonfired
Jon Cocktosin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Despite the way it may feel to many, this is STILL the best country in the world, and I'm proud of it. And I'm a proud Aggie as well.

Great bump!
sleepybeagle
AG
God bless America. Love one another.
AggieTFA06
West Point Aggie
AG
Sadly one of the last times "United we stood"
W
AG
strange...the athletic department just sent out its weekly e-mail and used the word "infamous" to describe the RWB-out game. I think they meant to say "famous"

Boozin B 77
AG
AggieSVT
AG
One of the greatest events I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Can you buy these anywhere?
spherical
AG
Aggie_Fanatic said:

And we can have a new yell where we yell "Beat the Hell outta Bin Laden!"

I remember the lone voice right in the middle of half time. What a day.
texag84
AG
Sad - this would not be allowed today. President would say, "no". Rioters would burn down Rudder and a QB would refuse to play
Bonfired
AG
That was Aggie ingenuity in action...I bought a shirt for myself and my mom. Amazingly, the shirt fits almost 19 years later.

A good bull story related to shirt pickup: A group of Houston Ags had a shirt distribution gathering at a place called Rubberneck's (don't think it's still open) on the Thursday before the game...got my shirt, hung out for a while and headed home. I had just gotten my first cell phone and it fell off my belt clip in a grassy area without me noticing at first. I noticed when I got home, though...drove back, looked everywhere I thought it might be, no phone.

Well, someone had found it and sees that I have my mom's number programmed, but not my own (I still had a land line), so he calls her and asks what her child's name is...needless to say, a mysterious dude cold calling my mom nine days after 9/11 asking her identifying questions scared the living hell out of her briefly. She called me to let me know what happened, and I meet up with my phone rescuer a few days later and thanked him with as much beer as he wanted.

Proud to be at Kyle that day, and it was fascinating to watch the genesis of it here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.