Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RWB out for OSU Game [Original thread -Staff]

116,515 Views | 429 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bonfired
1876er
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good Bull...
regurkmatt
quote:
very cool one time deal, but i wouldn't be overly offended if we did it again if a game ever falls on 9-11 again....

which i believe will happen in 2010....
GEA2007
AG
excellent find
Longtime Lurker
AG
quote:
very cool one time deal, but i wouldn't be overly offended if we did it again if a game ever falls on 9-11 again....

I might be on board for that. I just am very hesitant to attempt to do this again. There have been some less than stellar attempts in the past (most memorably RWB Towel Out & Mardi Gras Colors Out). I understand and appreciate the sentiment behind these efforts, but to me they just take away from the original. To me part of what made RWB Out so amazing and great was the spontaneity. Any attempt to recreate it has always seemed overly contrived to me. Just my opinion, though.
regurkmatt
mardi gras out was ridiculous, i agree....
bblake06
AG
Wow. This is the first time I've seen this thread and it definately gave me chills. This is proof that no matter what any rankings say, whether they be sports, academic, or whatever, this is without a doubt the best university in the nation. There is definately something different about this place.
Bobby Ewing
AG
That's why the sips, tards, and cubs are obsessed with Aggies. They can't see why every Aggie is so passionate about their school and traditions, even in the leaner times of our athletic program.
Although many may think its a corny saying, the "From the outside looking in you can't understand it, from the inside looking out, you can't explain it" rings so true for me and most every Aggie.
TexasAggie2006
AG
What a thread.
AgRyan04
R.E.D.A.S.S.

Man that was incredible, wasn't it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Check out "Texas A&M & Baseball In No Particular Order"
at tamu-and-baseball.com
Floyd2112
AG
RWB is a great idea, just think of all the attention we can get, it will be great.
agz win
AG
Excellent to re-read this old thread and what a perfect showing of pride we accomplished.

We must not try to duplicate that which was already perfect as the times are not the same nor the sentiment.
redassag08
Wow, and to think that this is how it all started...
Padfoot
Greatest threads in the history of texags brought back to life
Specialized
AG
Wish i had been there.
BBYD09
RCR06
AG
this was special, but i think anytime we have a game on 9-11-whatever it should be done again.
ag9496

http://www.aggies9496.com
IowaAg07
jumanjimr
This was my second game as an Aggie. It was simply incredible.

Coolest thing I've been a part of at A&M.
Spaceship
AG
I was still in high school at the time, and in retrospect, I really wish I had been a part of it. Good job Ags!
TurboVelo
AG
Thanks for bumping this. I was overseas when 9/11 happened, and didn't get back to the US for a while. Obviously, I missed this game, but it is cool to see how it happened.
HowdyAgs03
AG
Excellent
DanHo2010
AG
I think doing it again every time there's a game on 9/11 would be very fitting. It would keep the memory alive while being infrequent enough to not cheapen the experience or detract too much from the original. Thoughts?
Karrde
AG
I think doing it on the 10th anniversary might be good, but you don't want to do something like this too often. Maybe the 10th, 25th, and 50th or something like that.
musicalaggie
I think that's one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen...

We definitely need something really special if we do have a game on 9/11 sometime...though I agree with not ruining the spectacular sight that was the original RWB Out. But what if this one was just as successful? There's no doubt we must do *something* for a game on 9/11
MexAg05
AG
I remember being at that game in 3rd deck wearing my red shirt. It was my freshman year and I didn't know anyone to well but I still went by myself. What a day...
fossil_ag
AG
I just finished reading all the posts again ... for the umpteenth time over the past 5+ years. This is the greatest student led event in all of A&M history. No place but Aggieland.
FunkyAg2010
I had only heard about this thread in legend. It is surreal to read and actually post on it.
montanaAg
I am embarrased to write that I didn't know RWB originated with TexAgs.

What an amazing story: to be able to organize this event with only ten days out.

I am proud to be an Ag!
15ForMeaT
Haha, lesson learned about always checking the date on the initial post. I was sitting here trying to figure out why we were gonna wear RWB for OSU again this year.
Ol Jock 99
AG
9/11 east coast time...

here.
txaggie02
AG
The minute I clicked on this thread, goosebumps went down my arms. This was the best game I have ever been to and it will probably stay that way. There are many companies out there that can't get their 20-30 employees to do what they want and a couple of 18-23 year-olds were able to get 75,000+ to dress they way they want them to just 1 1/2 weeks before hand. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
MidnightYell2003
AG
greatest thread ever!
one of the best games that I have ever been to!
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Photos from the stands in that game always give me tears.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
Damn, I could have sworn was was in on the original post. I am now crushed.

Thanks for the memories staff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.