Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RWB out for OSU Game [Original thread -Staff]

116,550 Views | 429 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bonfired
Q10fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was at that game...

I'll never forget the chills.
agsrwe
AG
just checking back in.

Gig'em
reb,
AG
first deck, above where the corp comes in. still got the blue shirt
MAGA
AG
My senior year in the Corps, was standing on 2nd deck for this game.
Frisco - Ag
BMan2434
AG
quote:
Reason I went to A&M

Same here. This was the first Aggie game I went to at Kyle Field. Definitely left an impression.
TXAG 05
AG
Marching into Kyle that day as a fish is something I will always remember. There are no words to describe all the feelings of that first full view of Kyle when we entered from the south
AggieAH-64D
took my breath away when i marched into the stadium. what an awesome sight. gig em.
12th Man
AG
I had been recalled to active duty right after 9/11, and I heard about this while far, far away. I've always been proud of Texas A&M, but never more so than when I heard our praises sung so loudly in the aftermath of RW&B.
aggievaulter07
AG
ttt
SpreadsheetAg
Ezra Brooks
AG
REALLY COOL to see this thread bubble to the top.

This was Texas A&M at one of it's finest moments.

I was always glad that this got the extra exposure from "Sidenlines" by ESPN and was probably the only worthwhile outcome of that disaster of a show.

I know we've had sevral poorly concieved imitation attempts since this, but I do think it would be cool to replicate for the 10th anniversary. Maybe the schedule makers could manage to get OSU on the 9/11 weekend.

[This message has been edited by Ezra Brooks (edited 9/11/2009 11:52a).]
sleepybeagle
AG
quote:
This was Texas A&M at one of it's finest moments.
Bonfire96
AG
Sorry i'm late, just noticed this thread. But what is the significance of doing this for the osu game and not a game closer to 9-11?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Sorry i'm late, just noticed this thread. But what is the significance of doing this for the osu game and not a game closer to 9-11?

you are about 8 years late.......this thread was from 2001, the osu game in 2001 was the first after 9/11 (it was on 9/22/01)

this thread was what kick started the right/white/blue out effort for that game which was very memorable and shown across the country

[This message has been edited by mchensel (edited 9/11/2009 12:00p).]
Mayhaw Jelly
AG
i still have, and wear, my blue shirt.
GeronimoAg
AG
What a great event. Very proud to be an American and an Aggie that day!
Know Your Enemy
RumRunner1705
What a great memory from my fish year. I was so new to the Aggie family back then. I never knew it all started on TexAgs, but then again I'm not really surprised.

Gig'em and God Bless
Bonfire96
AG
I realize the original post was in 2001, so why repost ttt now? We don't have a game this week for us to participate in this this year.
SeaAGGIE05
AG
Your name is Bonfire and you attended Texas A&M?

I can't speak for Staff, but I can think of at least one line of thinking that should resonate with Aggies:

To honor and remember those that came before us and what they accomplished - and to inspire us to build on that foundation.
Bonfire96
AG
So we need to do this during a bye week? Is there nothing else going on oncampus commemorating 911? How about just start a new topic with 'remembering 911' and not make it out to be an event we will have during one of our next games.
aggiedad04
S
What Brooks said...still have my red shirt from the game. willing to wear it again..
RumRunner1705
Bonfire I think Staff just pulled this one up so we can all remember how we came together and made this happen 8 years ago. I don't think we are planning another one just remembering the original.
srob2004
AG
Such an awesome experience. My wife(girlfriend at the time) and I were on 3rd deck that day.
Mustang1
AG
still wear by blue shirt on occasion
Ronnie
AG
I remember walking in to the stadium early and honestly thinking, well, the student side might pull it off, but the former students and zone no way. How did we ever print enough shirts?

Watching the stadium fill up was amazing. In about 20 or 30 min or so, it was obvious that everyone was on board. Even the old ags who were a little butt hurt that that had planned to all wear maroon shirts for their reunion, most of them pulled a RWB shirt over their reunion shirt. It was cool.

I wore blue and had the best seats I ever had for an aggie game, 50 yd line just under the overhang of the 2nd deck. I brought an extra blue shirt in case someone forgot or couldn't find one or wore the wrong color, and sure enough there was a guy that I helped out.

Wonderful memory of my last football season as a current student.
MidnightYell2003
AG
I'm wearing my white shirt today!
spherical
AG
it was an amazing experience.

my only regret was not buying one of each color. my white hasn't held up great, so much that i stopped wearing it and just keep it packed away.
aggiematt235
AG
Good bull.
I still have my red shirt
aggievaulter07
AG
quote:
Bonfire I think Staff just pulled this one up so we can all remember how we came together and made this happen 8 years ago. I don't think we are planning another one just remembering the original.

Staff didn't bring this up. I did. Today is 9/11, 8 years later. This was an amazing event, and like you said, I didn't bring it up to try to do it again. I brought it up for the memories and the significance of the event. Aggies are some amazing people who band together to do amazing things.

Gig'em
bojangles
you should pat yourself on the back a little more for posting "ttt".
old ag 2003
AG
Hey just be happy he's not trying to argue that pole vaulting is more difficult than hitting a MLB fastball.
aggievaulter07
AG
^ way to put a negative spin on something positive
Batzarro
AG
was at the game in blue

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.